Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children
- Do genetic polymorphisms alter patient response to inhaled bronchodilators?John J Lima
Center for Pharmacogenomics and Translational Research, Nemours Children s Clinic, 807 Children s Way, Jacksonville, FL 32207, USA, 1 904 697 3683 1 904 687 7988
Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol 10:1231-40. 2014..Heritability, the proportion of phenotypic variability accounted for by genetic variation is estimated to account for 50% of pulmonary function and 28.5% for BDR...
- Genetic influences on response to asthma pharmacotherapyJohn J Lima
Center for Pediatric Clinical Pharmacology, Pharmacogenetics Center, Nemours Children s Clinic, 807 Children s Way, Jacksonville, FL 32207, USA
Expert Rev Clin Pharmacol 1:649-60. 2008..Known sequence variants explain a small fraction of response heterogeneity to asthma drugs. More studies are required to formulate a genetic signature that will lead to the personalization of asthma treatment. ..
- Association of CYP2C19 polymorphisms and lansoprazole-associated respiratory adverse effects in childrenJohn J Lima
Center for Pharmacogenomics and Translational Research, Nemours Children s Clinic, Jacksonville, FL, USA
J Pediatr 163:686-91. 2013..To determine whether cytochrome P450 (CYP)2C19 haplotype associates with lansoprazole-associated adverse event frequency...
- Treatment heterogeneity in asthma: genetics of response to leukotriene modifiersJohn J Lima
Nemours Children s Clinic, Centers for Clinical Pediatric Pharmacology and Pharmacogenetics, Jacksonville, Florida 32207, USA
Mol Diagn Ther 11:97-104. 2007....
- The C523A beta2 adrenergic receptor polymorphism associates with markers of asthma severity in African AmericansJohn J Lima
The American Lung Association Asthma Clinical Research Centers, Jacksonville, Florida, USA
J Asthma 43:185-91. 2006..018). Symptom scores, pulmonary function, and rescue inhaler use paralleled exacerbation prevalence. We conclude the 523 A allele modifies asthma severity in African Americans...
- Influence of leukotriene pathway polymorphisms on response to montelukast in asthmaJohn J Lima
The American Lung Association Asthma Clinical Research Centers, Center for Pharmacogenetics, Nemours Children s Clinic, 807 Children s Way, Jacksonville, FL 32207, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 173:379-85. 2006..Interpatient variability in montelukast response may be related to variation in leukotriene pathway candidate genes...
- A pharmacodynamic model of the effects of controlled-onset extended-release verapamil on 24-hour ambulatory blood pressureJ J Lima
Center for Clinical Pediatric Pharmacology and Pharmacogenetics, Nemours Children s Clinic, 807 Nira Street, Jacksonville, FL 32207, USA
Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 43:187-94. 2005..To formulate and evaluate a pharmacodynamic model that characterizes the effects of S-verapamil on the circadian 24-hour ambulatory blood pressure (ABP)...
- Influence of sex and beta2 adrenergic receptor haplotype on resting and terbutaline-stimulated whole body lipolysisJohn J Lima
Centers for Clinical Pediatric Pharmacology and Pharmacogenetics, Nemours Children s Clinic, Jacksonville, FL 32207, USA
Metabolism 54:492-9. 2005..We conclude that compared to haplotype, sex is a more important determinant of basal lipolysis after a 12-hour fast in healthy, non-obese individuals...
- Modeling the metabolic effects of terbutaline in beta2-adrenergic receptor diplotypesJohn J Lima
Nemours Children s Clinic, Center for Clinical Pediatric Pharmacology Jacksonville, FL 32207, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 76:27-37. 2004..Our objective was to determine whether beta(2)-adrenergic receptor polymorphisms influence terbutaline-stimulated changes in glucose, insulin, and potassium concentrations in healthy adults...
- Association analyses of adrenergic receptor polymorphisms with obesity and metabolic alterationsJohn J Lima
Pharmacogenetics Center, Nemours Children s Clinic, Jacksonville, FL 32207, USA
Metabolism 56:757-65. 2007..Because of the limited size of our populations, our results should be interpreted with caution and should be replicated in larger populations...
- A polymorphism in the NPPA gene associates with asthmaJ J Lima
Pharmacogenetics Center, Nemours Children s Clinic, Jacksonville, FL 32207, USA
Clin Exp Allergy 38:1117-23. 2008..Atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) plays an important role in the lung and in augmenting allergic inflammation in asthma. The gene encoding ANP, NPPA, is located on chromosome 1p36, a region that has been linked to asthma...
- Pharmacogenetics of asthmaJohn J Lima
Centers for Pediatric Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacogenetics, Nemours Children s Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida 32207, USA
Curr Opin Pulm Med 15:57-62. 2009..Herein, we review and update the pharmacogenetics and pharmaogenomics of common asthma drugs...
- Methacholine PC20 in African Americans and whites with asthma with homozygous genotypes at ADRB2 codon 16Kathryn Blake
Center for Pharmacogenomics and Translational Research, Nemours Children s Clinic, 807 Children s Way, Jacksonville, FL 32207, USA
Pulm Pharmacol Ther 26:342-7. 2013....
- Pharmacogenomics of long-acting β2-agonistsKathryn Blake
a 1 Center for Pharmacogenomics and Translational Research, Nemours Children s Specialty Care, 807 Children s Way, Jacksonville, FL, USA 1 904 697 3806 1 904 697 3799
Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol 11:1733-51. 2015....
- Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of oral and transdermal 17β estradiol in girls with Turner syndromeMartha Taboada
Nemours Children s Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida 32207, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:3502-10. 2011..The type, dose, and route of 17β-estradiol (E(2)) used to feminize girls with Turner syndrome (TS) is not well established...
- Pharmacokinetics and dose finding of a potent aromatase inhibitor, aromasin (exemestane), in young malesNelly Mauras
Nemours Children s Clinic and Research Programs, Jacksonville, Florida 32207, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:5951-6. 2003..The drug was well tolerated. In conclusion, exemestane is a potent aromatase inhibitor in men and an alternative to the choice of available inhibitors. Long-term efficacy and safety will need further study...
- Asthma in sickle cell disease: implications for treatmentKathryn Blake
Biomedical Research Department, Center for Clinical Pharmacogenomics and Translational Research, Nemours Children s Clinic, 807 Children s Way, Jacksonville, FL 32207, USA
Anemia 2011:740235. 2011..Conclusion. Prospective controlled trials of drug treatment for asthma in patients who have both sickle cell disease and asthma are urgently needed...
- Population pharmacodynamic model of bronchodilator response to inhaled albuterol in children and adults with asthmaKathryn Blake
Center for Clinical Pediatric Pharmacology Research, Nemours Children s Clinic, Jacksonville, FL 32207, USA
Chest 134:981-9. 2008..Because interpatient variability in bronchodilation from inhaled albuterol is large and clinically important, we characterized the albuterol dose/response relationship by pharmacodynamic modeling and quantified variability...
- Determination of human beta(2)-adrenoceptor haplotypes by denaturation selective amplification and subtractive genotypingJ Wang
Center for Clinical Pediatric Pharmacology, Nemours Children s Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida, USA
Am J Pharmacogenomics 1:315-22. 2001....
- Effect of citrus juice and SLCO2B1 genotype on the pharmacokinetics of montelukastE B Mougey
Pharmacogenetics Center, Nemours Children s Clinic, 807 Children s Way, Jacksonville, FL 32207 8426, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 51:751-60. 2011..0 × 10(-5)) replicating previous observations...
- Low exhaled nitric oxide and a polymorphism in the NOS I gene is associated with acute chest syndromeK J Sullivan
Nemours Children's Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 164:2186-90. 2001..FE(NO) is a sensitive marker and may be a predictor of ACS prone children...
- Leukotriene C4 synthase polymorphisms and responsiveness to leukotriene antagonists in asthmaGraeme P Currie
Asthma and Allergy Research Group, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, University of Dundee, Dundee, UK
Br J Clin Pharmacol 56:422-6. 2003..Our aim is to evaluate whether responsiveness to leukotriene receptor antagonists was determined by expression of the variant (C) or wild-type (A) polymorphism of this enzyme...
- Effect of montelukast on time-course of exhaled nitric oxide in asthma: influence of LTC4 synthase A(-444)C polymorphismGlenn J Whelan
Centers for Pediatric Pharmacology Research and Pharmacogenetics, Nemours Children s Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida 32207, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 36:413-20. 2003..We further conclude that the A(-444)C polymorphism in the LTC(4) synthase gene probably contributes to interpatient variability in montelukast-evoked changes in FE(NO)* and warrants further study...
- ARG1 is a novel bronchodilator response gene: screening and replication in four asthma cohortsAugusto A Litonjua
Channing Laboratory, Pulmonary Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 178:688-94. 2008..However, a substantial proportion of patients with asthma do not have a favorable response to these drugs, and identifying genetic determinants of drug response may aid in tailoring treatment for individual patients...
- Association of corticotropin-releasing hormone receptor-2 genetic variants with acute bronchodilator response in asthmaAudrey H Poon
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Pharmacogenet Genomics 18:373-82. 2008..We aim to assess associations between genetic variants of CRHR2 and acute bronchodilator response in asthma...
- The effect of montelukast and low-dose theophylline on cardiovascular disease risk factors in asthmaticsHooman Allayee
Department of Preventive Medicine, USC Keck School of Medicine, 2250 Alcazar St, IGM 206, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Chest 132:868-74. 2007..We sought to determine whether montelukast, a cysteinyl LT antagonist, and low-dose theophylline affected serum inflammatory and lipid CVD risk factors in a recently completed clinical trial in asthmatic patients...
- The arginine-16 beta2-adrenoceptor polymorphism predisposes to bronchoprotective subsensitivity in patients treated with formoterol and salmeterolDaniel K C Lee
Asthma and Allergy Research Group, Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 9SY, Scotland, UK
Br J Clin Pharmacol 57:68-75. 2004..The relationship between beta2-adrenoceptor polymorphisms and bronchoprotective response with long-acting beta2-adrenoceptor agonists is unknown...
- Effect of obesity on clinical presentation and response to treatment in asthmaAnne E Dixon
University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05401, USA
J Asthma 43:553-8. 2006..Obese and non-obese asthmatics have similar lung function abnormalities, but comorbidities and altered responses to medications may significantly affect asthma control in obese people...
- Physician-diagnosed asthma and acute chest syndrome: associations with NOS polymorphismsLaurie Duckworth
Pharmacogenetics Center, Nemours Children s Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida 32207, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 42:332-8. 2007..No associations were found between the genotype of the NOS3 T-786C SNP and ACS. Physician-diagnosed asthma is a major risk factor for ACS. NOS1 AAT repeat polymorphism may contribute to physician-diagnosed asthma...
- Drug receptor/effector polymorphisms and pharmacogenetics: current status and challengesJulie A Johnson
University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610 0486, USA
Pharmacogenetics 13:525-34. 2003..The knowledge necessary to move forward on all these fronts is not yet available, but will be increasingly accessible over the next few years...
- Effect of beta2-agonist treatment and spirometry on exhaled nitric oxide in healthy children and children with asthmaNiranjan Kissoon
Department of Pediatrics, University of Florida Health Science Center Jacksonville, Jacksonville, Florida 32207, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 34:203-8. 2002..Alternatively, changes in FE(NO) values should be interpreted in relationship to the timing of these maneuvers...
- LEUKOTRIENE POLYMORPHISMS & MONTELUKAST RESPONSEJohn Lima; Fiscal Year: 2003..This information may lead to individualization of asthma medications based on the genetic make-up of the patient. ..
- PHARMACOGENETICS OF ASTHMA MONOTHERAPYJohn Lima; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results of this pharmacogenetic study may facilitate the optimal selection of monotherapy in asthma. ..