Sarah S Wilson
Affiliation: Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Novel approaches in fighting herpes simplex virus infectionsSarah S Wilson
Department of Pediatrics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Forchheimer 702, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther 7:559-68. 2009..This review summarizes current therapeutic options and strategies in development...
- Susceptibility to genital herpes as a biomarker predictive of increased HIV risk: expansion of a murine model of microbicide safetySarah S Wilson
Department of Pediatrics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
Antivir Ther 14:1113-24. 2009....
- Disruption of tight junctions by cellulose sulfate facilitates HIV infection: model of microbicide safetyPedro M M Mesquita
Department of Pediatrics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Infect Dis 200:599-608. 2009..The lack of biomarkers that are predictive of safety is a critical gap in the development of microbicides. The present experiments were designed to evaluate the predictive value of in vitro models of microbicide safety...
- Bridging the gap between preclinical and clinical microbicide trials: blind evaluation of candidate gels in murine models of efficacy and safetyTheodore J Segarra
Department of Pediatrics and Microbiology Immunology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e27675. 2011..The objective of this study was to test coded vaginal gels, including CS, in murine models of safety and efficacy to determine the models' utility for evaluating future products...
- Herpes simplex virus downregulates secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor: a novel immune evasion mechanismEsra Fakioglu
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Ave, Forchheimer 702, Bronx, NY 10467, USA
J Virol 82:9337-44. 2008..Together, these results identify a novel role for HSV immediate-early-gene expression in regulating mucosal immune responses...
- Candidate microbicide PPCM blocks human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infection in cell and tissue cultures and prevents genital herpes in a murine modelPedro M M Mesquita
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, St George s University of London, London, United Kingdom
J Virol 82:6576-84. 2008....
- Interlaboratory reproducibility of female genital tract cytokine measurements by Luminex: implications for microbicide safety studiesMark E Scott
Division of Adolescent Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Cytokine 56:430-4. 2011....
- A comprehensive murine model to evaluate topical vaginal microbicides: mucosal inflammation and susceptibility to genital herpes as surrogate markers of safetyBenjamin T Galen
Department of Pediatrics, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Infect Dis 195:1332-9. 2007..These findings suggest that PRO 2000 has little deleterious effect on mucosal immunity and, if validated by clinical experiences, support the inclusion of this model in the preclinical evaluation of future candidate microbicides...