Allen M Spiegel
Affiliation: Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- The stem cell wars: a dispatch from the frontAllen M Spiegel
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Belfer 312, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Trans Am Clin Climatol Assoc 124:94-110. 2013..Here I present my impressions of the legal and science policy debates and selectively summarize research progress toward the hoped-for cures. ..
- 'Personalized medicine' to identify genetic risks for type 2 diabetes and focus prevention: can it fulfill its promise?Allen M Spiegel
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Yeshiva University, New York City, NY, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 31:43-9. 2012..Further research is needed to identify genomic and other types of biomarkers that could accurately predict risk and facilitate targeted prevention...
- Commentary: new guidelines for NIH peer review: improving the system or undermining it?Allen M Spiegel
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Acad Med 85:746-8. 2010..The related issue of innovation as a criterion in NIH peer review is also addressed, and the commentary concludes with an affirmation of the need to measure outcomes in assessing the impact of changes in the NIH peer review system...
- Future diagnostic and therapeutic trends in endocrine cancersAllen M Spiegel
Department of Medicine, and Montefiore Einstein Center for Cancer Care, Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Semin Oncol 37:691-5. 2010..Translating the coming wave of data on the molecular pathogenesis of endocrine cancers into practical diagnostic and treatment modalities will require new forms of collaboration between investigators, clinicians, and industry...
- Inherited endocrine diseases involving G proteins and G protein-coupled receptorsAllen M Spiegel
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Endocr Dev 11:133-44. 2007..I will describe our recent work that helps inform design of novel therapeutics targeting this important GPCR...