Paul R Marantz
Affiliation: Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Using the case-discussion method to teach epidemiology and biostatisticsPaul R Marantz
Department of Epidemiology and Social Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Acad Med 78:365-71. 2003..This favorable experience suggests that case-discussion teaching can be employed successfully in teaching principles of epidemiology and biostatistics to medical students...
- A call for higher standards of evidence for dietary guidelinesPaul R Marantz
Department of Epidemiology and Population Health, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Am J Prev Med 34:234-40. 2008....
- Epidemiology 101: toward an educated citizenryPaul R Marantz
Institute for Public Health Sciences of Yeshiva University, and the Department of Epidemiology and Population Health, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Am J Prev Med 35:264-8. 2008..It is up to us to cast off those preconceptions; if one explores the notion of undergraduate epidemiology teaching with an open and unbiased mind, the logic, feasibility, and importance of this effort becomes clear...
- Diabetes and stress hyperglycemia associated with myocardial infarctions at an urban municipal hospital: prevalence and effect on mortalityCharles Nordin
Departments of Medicine, Jacobi Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Cardiol Rev 13:223-30. 2005..The mortality difference is the result of older age and more advanced disease rather than hyperglycemia per se...
- Teaching clinical skills through videotape review: a randomized trial of group versus individual reviewsSharon J Parish
Department of Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York, USA
Teach Learn Med 18:92-8. 2006..Video review is a valuable educational tool for teaching communication skills. Many studies have demonstrated its efficacy with individual learners, but few studies have addressed its use in a group format...
- Developing a multidisciplinary model of comparative effectiveness research within a clinical and translational science awardPaul R Marantz
Departments of Epidemiology and Population Health and Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, 1300 Morris Park Ave, Bronx, NY, USA
Acad Med 86:712-7. 2011....
- Community-based screening for cardiovascular disease and diabetes using HbA1cTaneisha Grant
Departments of Medicine, Family Medicine, and Epidemiology and Population Health, Jacobi Medical Center, North Central Bronx Hospital, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Am J Prev Med 26:271-5. 2004..The authors hypothesized that hemoglobin A1c (HbA1c) could be used as a screening test for a community-based program to detect new cases of diabetes and persons at risk for diabetes and cardiovascular disease...
- The internal medicine subinternship: a curriculum needs assessmentRobert Sidlow
Department of Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
J Gen Intern Med 17:561-4. 2002..This study provides a starting point for the development of a structured curriculum for the fourth-year subinternship rotation...
- CLINICAL RESEARCH CURRICULUM AWARDPaul Marantz; Fiscal Year: 2004..The receipt of the Clinical Research Curriculum Award will allow this program to develop, grow, and serve as a model for other programs and will enhance the clinical research environment within our institution. ..