Affiliation: Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Neurological and behavioral abnormalities, ventricular dilatation, altered cellular functions, inflammation, and neuronal injury in brains of mice due to common, persistent, parasitic infectionGretchen Hermes
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
J Neuroinflammation 5:48. 2008..Worldwide, approximately two billion people are chronically infected with Toxoplasma gondii with largely unknown consequences...
- Regional differences in intramyocellular lipids in humans observed by in vivo 1H-MR spectroscopic imagingJ H Hwang
Department of Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 90:1267-74. 2001....
- Increased intrahepatic triglyceride is associated with peripheral insulin resistance: in vivo MR imaging and spectroscopy studiesJong Hee Hwang
Gruss MRRC Rm No 213, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Ave, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 293:E1663-9. 2007..This novel finding suggests that hepatic triglyceride accumulation has important systemic consequences that may adversely affect insulin sensitivity in other tissues...
- Cross contamination of intramyocellular lipid signals through loss of bulk magnetic susceptibility effect differences in human muscle using (1)H-MRSI at 4 TMin Hui Cui
Department of Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Gruss MRRC Rm 205, 1300 Morris Park Ave, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 103:1290-8. 2007..When IMCL is measured unbiased by concomitant obesity, we find that it is strongly influenced by muscle type, training status, and the presence of obesity and Type 2 diabetes...
- In vivo characterization of fatty acids in human adipose tissue using natural abundance 1H decoupled 13C MRS at 1.5 T: clinical applications to dietary therapyJong Hee Hwang
Huntington Medical Research Institutes, Pasadena, CA, USA
NMR Biomed 16:160-7. 2003..Since the examination is rapid, robust and noninvasive, opportunities arise for large clinical trials of preventive or therapeutic diets to be performed with (13)C MRS on a clinical MR scanner...
- Role of hepatic glycogen breakdown in defective counterregulation of hypoglycemia in intensively treated type 1 diabetesPreeti Kishore
Department of Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Ave, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Diabetes 55:659-66. 2006....
- Lipid signal extraction by SLIM: application to 1H MR spectroscopic imaging of human calf musclesZhengchao Dong
Gruss Magnetic Resonance Research Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Magn Reson Med 55:1447-53. 2006..After the contaminating fat signals are removed, the quality of muscle spectra adjacent to SF improves such that it becomes comparable to that in uncontaminated muscle regions in (1)H MRSI of the calf...