Lucy L Brown
Affiliation: Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Sensory and cognitive functions of the basal gangliaL L Brown
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Department of Neurology, K 601, Bronx, New York, 10461, USA
Curr Opin Neurobiol 7:157-63. 1997....
- Organizing principles of cortical integration in the rat neostriatum: corticostriate map of the body surface is an ordered lattice of curved laminae and radial pointsL L Brown
Department of Neurology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Comp Neurol 392:468-88. 1998..The lattice-like grid is a novel functional/neuroanatomic organization that is ideal for distributing, combining, and integrating information for sensorimotor and cognitive processing...
- Differential metabolic activity in the striosome and matrix compartments of the rat striatum during natural behaviorsLucy L Brown
Department of Neurology and Neuroscience, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Neurosci 22:305-14. 2002....
- Striosome-matrix pathology and motor deficits in the YAC128 mouse model of Huntington's diseaseCOLLENE LAWHORN
Dominick P Purpura Department of Neuroscience, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, NY, NY 10461, USA
Neurobiol Dis 32:471-8. 2008..The results show that pathology in older YAC128s manifests as an abnormal striosome to matrix ratio and suggest that this imbalance can contribute to some motor symptoms...
- Regional neural activity within the substantia nigra during peri-ictal flurothyl generalized seizure stagesJANA VELISKOVA
Department of Neurology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, AECOM, K314, 1410 Pelham Parkway South, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Neurobiol Dis 20:752-9. 2005..The postictal suppression state was correlated with changes in the SNR projection targets, specifically the pedunculopontine tegmental nucleus and superior colliculus...
- Partial ablation of mu-opioid receptor rich striosomes produces deficits on a motor-skill learning taskC Lawhorn
Dominick P Purpura Department of Neuroscience, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Kennedy Center, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Neuroscience 163:109-19. 2009..However, DS-injected mice did not differ from control mice on other motor tasks. We conclude that the MOR-rich cells of the striosomes are necessary for optimal rotarod performance, including learning and/or improvement on the task...
- The neural mechanisms of mate choice: a hypothesisHelen Fisher
Department of Anthropology, Rutgers Uuniversity, New Brunswick, NJ, USA
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 23:92-7. 2002..3) The neural circuitry for attachment evolved to enable individuals to complete species-specific parental duties...
- Reward, motivation, and emotion systems associated with early-stage intense romantic loveArthur Aron
Department of Psychology, State University of New York at Stony Brook, USA
J Neurophysiol 94:327-37. 2005....
- Romantic love: an fMRI study of a neural mechanism for mate choiceHelen Fisher
Department of Anthropology, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08901, USA
J Comp Neurol 493:58-62. 2005..Last, the corticostriate system, with its potential for combining diverse cortical information with reward signals, is an excellent anatomical substrate for the complex factors contributing to romantic love and mate choice...
- FUNCTIONAL NEUROANATOMY OF MOVEMENT DISORDERSLucy Brown; Fiscal Year: 2006..The studies may provide clues to the function of the gene huntingtin, and define a target for therapeutic strategies. In addition, these studies address the plastic and proliferative capacity of the adult brain. ..