Genomes and Genes
Albany Medical College
Organization: Albany Medical College
- Clozapine and other competitive antagonists reactivate risperidone-inactivated h5-HT7 receptors: radioligand binding and functional evidence for GPCR homodimer protomer interactionsMilt Teitler
Center for Neuropharmacology and Neuroscience, Albany Medical College, 47 New Scotland Avenue, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 212:687-97. 2010..Although risperidone and 9-OH-risperidone ("inactivating antagonists") completely inactivate the receptor, only 50% of the receptors form a pseudo-irreversible complex with these drugs...
- Glutamate receptors and endoplasmic reticulum quality control: looking beneath the surfaceMark W Fleck
Center for Neuropharmacology and Neuroscience, Albany Medical College, NY 12208, USA
Neuroscientist 12:232-44. 2006..This review will explore the structural and functional elements that regulate GluR assembly and export from the ER...
- Does end-tidal carbon dioxide monitoring detect respiratory events prior to current sedation monitoring practices?John H Burton
Department of Emergency Medicine, Maine Medical Center, Portland, ME, USA
Acad Emerg Med 13:500-4. 2006..The authors sought to determine if ETCO2 monitoring would reveal findings indicating an acute respiratory event earlier than indicated by current monitoring practices...
- Counterregulatory deficits occur within 24 h of a single hypoglycemic episode in conscious, unrestrained, chronically cannulated miceLauren Jacobson
Center for Neuropharmacology and Neuroscience, Albany Medical College, MC 136, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 290:E678-84. 2006....
- Increasing the radiochemical purity of 99mTc sestamibi commercial preparations results in improved sensitivity of dual-phase planar parathyroid scintigraphyMaroun Karam
Department of Radiology, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY, USA
Nucl Med Commun 26:1093-8. 2005..We surmised that the presence of unbound Tc (non-MIBI tracer) might hamper dual-phase detection that is dependent on rapid wash-out of technetium from thyroid tissue...
- Inhibition of serotonin 5-hydroxytryptamine2c receptor function through heterodimerization: receptor dimers bind two molecules of ligand and one G-proteinKatharine Herrick-Davis
Center for Neuropharmacology and Neuroscience, Albany Medical College, Albany, New York 12208, USA
J Biol Chem 280:40144-51. 2005..These results are consistent with a model in which one GPCR dimer binds two molecules of ligand and one G-protein and indicate that dimerization is essential for 5-HT receptor function...
- Emotional and spatial learning in goldfish is dependent on different telencephalic pallial systemsManuel Portavella
Departamento de Psicologia Experimental, Universidad de Sevilla, C Camilo José Cela S N, E 41018, Seville, Spain
Eur J Neurosci 21:2800-6. 2005..Present data could support the hypothesis that a sketch of these regions of the limbic system, and their associated functions, were present in the common ancestor of fish and terrestrial vertebrates 400 million years ago...
- PKC-delta-dependent pathways contribute to PDGF-stimulated ERK1/2 activation in vascular smooth muscleRoman Ginnan
Center for Cardiovascular Sciences, Albany Medical College MC8 47 New Scotland Ave, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 288:C1193-201. 2005..These studies indicate involvement of both PKC-delta and PKC-alpha isozymes in PDGF-stimulated signaling in VSM and suggest an unexpected role for PKC-alpha in the regulation of PKC-delta activity...
- Nucleic acid amplification technology for the diagnosis of genital herpes infectionKathleen A Stellrecht
Albany Medical Center, Center for Immunology and Microbial Diseases, 43 New Scotland Ave, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Expert Rev Mol Diagn 4:485-93. 2004..However, the use of nucleic acid amplification technologies for the diagnosis of genital herpes infection remains highly controversial...
- Dopaminergic modulation of prefrontal cortical input to nucleus accumbens neurons in vivoAnne Marie Brady
Center for Neuropharmacology and Neuroscience, Albany Medical College, Albany, New York 12208, USA
J Neurosci 24:1040-9. 2004....
- Pharmacodynamics and clinical use of anti-HIV drugsSandra L Preston
Clinical Research Institute, Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Albany Medical College, 47 New Scotland Avenue, mc142, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Infect Dis Clin North Am 17:651-74. 2003..TDM, in conjunction with an assessment of the patient's viral resistance in the form of an IQ, needs to be examined and validated in large clinical trials...
- Length of stay for psychiatric inpatient services: a comparison of admissions of people with and without developmental disabilitiesHaider Saeed
Department of Community Health and Epidemiology, Abramsky Hall, Queen s University at Kingston, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
J Behav Health Serv Res 30:406-17. 2003..This study highlighted the importance of specialized residential and personal supports for people with developmental disabilities and a coexisting mental disorder...
- Anti-addictive actions of an iboga alkaloid congener: a novel mechanism for a novel treatmentIsabelle M Maisonneuve
Center for Neuropharmacology and Neuroscience, Albany Medical College, MC 136, 47 New Scotland Avenue, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 75:607-18. 2003....
- A critical analysis of the routine testing of newborn stools for occult blood and reducing substancesJoaquim M B Pinheiro
Department of Pediatrics, Albany Medical College, Department of Nursing, Albany Medical Center, Albany, NY, USA
Adv Neonatal Care 3:133-8. 2003..Using the information from these tests requires a framework for understanding their rationale, the test performance characteristics in the NICU setting, and the potential benefits, costs, and risks of their routine use...
- Francisella tularensis LVS grown in macrophages has reduced ability to stimulate the secretion of inflammatory cytokines by macrophages in vitroDaniel J Loegering
Center for Cardiovascular Sciences, Albany Medical College, 47 New Scotland Avenue, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Microb Pathog 41:218-25. 2006..tularensis that is associated with decreased stimulation of cytokine secretion, inhibition of LPS-stimulated secretion of inflammatory cytokines by macrophages and increased lethality in mice...
- Survey of parental willingness to pay and willingness to stay for "painless" intravenous catheter placementBrooks Myrick Walsh
Albany Medical College, NY, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 22:699-703. 2006..This study examined how much parents are willing to pay and/or willing to stay to make their child's intravenous (IV) catheter placement painless...
- Treatment of irritable bowel syndrome in outpatients with inflammatory bowel disease using a food and beverage intolerance, food and beverage avoidance dietRichard P MacDermott
Inflammatory Bowel Diseases Center, Division of Gastroenterology, Albany Medical College, Albany, New York 12208, USA
Inflamm Bowel Dis 13:91-6. 2007..Handouts that were developed based upon what worsens or helps IBS symptoms in patients are included to help patients learn which foods and beverages to avoid and which are better tolerated...
- Complications of strabismus surgeryJohn W Simon
Lions Eye Institute, Albany Medical College, Albany, New York 12210, USA
Curr Opin Ophthalmol 21:361-6. 2010..To examine the common and serious complications of strabismus surgery, emphasizing prevention, identification, and treatment...
- Painful hidradenitis suppurativaHoward S Smith
Department of Anesthesiology, Academic Director of Pain Management, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Clin J Pain 26:435-44. 2010..A greater understanding of the diagnosis, pathophysiology, and potential treatment options for HS patients may help providers to be better able to contribute to care of patients with painful hidradenitis suppurativa...
- The puzzling role of TRPC3 channels in motor coordinationMohamed Trebak
The Center for Cardiovascular Sciences, Albany Medical College, 47 New Scotland Ave, MC8, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Pflugers Arch 459:369-75. 2010....
- Epidural steroid injections are useful for the treatment of low back pain and radicular symptoms: conCharles E Argoff
Albany Medical College, Albany Medical Center, 47 New Scotland Avenue, MC70, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Curr Pain Headache Rep 13:35-8. 2009..We suggest that further high-quality studies are required and their results respected through their implementation in daily practice to better ensure that only appropriate patients are advised to undergo this procedure...
- The Apgar cycle: a new view of a familiar scoring systemJ M B Pinheiro
Department of Pediatrics Neonatology, Albany Medical College, Albany, New York, USA
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 94:F70-2. 2009..The understanding imparted by the Apgar cycle may directly enhance patient care during resuscitation, apart from the attribution of numerical scores...
- The financial impact of immunosuppressant expenses on new kidney transplant recipientsElisa J Gordon
Alden March Bioethics Institute, Albany Medical Center, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Clin Transplant 22:738-48. 2008..This study aimed to examine kidney transplant recipients' ability to afford transplant-related out-of-pocket expenses and the financial impact of these expenses on their lives...
- Short-lasting, unilateral neuralgiform headache attacks with conjunctival injection and tearing syndrome treated successfully with transsphenoidal resection of a growth hormone-secreting pituitary adenomaMatthew A Adamo
Division of Neurosurgery, Albany Medical Center, Albany, New York 12208, USA
J Neurosurg 109:123-5. 2008..In this paper the authors present a patient with a growth hormone-secreting pituitary adenoma who experienced resolution of SUNCT syndrome after transsphenoidal tumor resection...
- Commercialized multigene predictors of clinical outcome for breast cancerJeffrey S Ross
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Albany Medical College, Albany, New York 12208, USA
Oncologist 13:477-93. 2008..A number of other assays have specific predictive goals that are most often focused on the efficacy of tamoxifen in ER-positive patients, such as the two-gene ratio test and the cytochrome P450 CYP2D6 genotyping assay...
- Variations in opioid responsivenessHoward S Smith
Department of Anesthesiology, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Pain Physician 11:237-48. 2008..In the future, armed with data of this type, clinicians may become quite adept at tailoring appropriate opioid therapy as well as optimal opioid rotation strategies...
- Physiologic properties and regulation of the actin cytoskeleton in vascular smooth muscleDale D Tang
Center for Cardiovascular Sciences, Albany Medical College, Albany, New York 12208, USA
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther 13:130-40. 2008..These new findings promote our understanding on how smooth muscle contraction is regulated at cellular and molecular levels...
- Adherence to immunosuppression: a prospective diary studyE J Gordon
Department of Medicine, Albany Medical Center, Albany, New York 12208, USA
Transplant Proc 39:3081-5. 2007..Interventions should be designed to better assist kidney recipients with taking medications on time, especially when they are away from home...
- Recruitment and manpower in pediatric ophthalmology and strabismusJohn W Simon
Lions Eye Institute, Albany Medical College, Albany, New York 12159, USA
J AAPOS 11:336-40. 2007..other career paths? (3) Assuming there has been a decrease in interest in PO&S, does it reflect dissatisfaction on the part of pediatric ophthalmologists in their field? (4) What can be done to enhance the appeal of the subspecialty?..
- Pediculosis in Macaca sylvanus of GibraltarDouglas L Cohn
Animal Resources Faculty, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY, USA
Vet Parasitol 145:116-9. 2007..The diagnosis of pediculosis was based upon finding adult lice on host animals...
- Biomarkers in melanoma: staging, prognosis and detection of early metastasesJ Andrew Carlson
Division of Dermatopathology, Albany Medical College MC 81, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Expert Rev Mol Diagn 3:303-30. 2003..In this paper, current and novel potentially more accurate biomarkers for the staging and prognostic evaluation of melanoma patients, and for the detection of subclinical metastases are reviewed...
- Differences between d-methamphetamine and d-amphetamine in rats: working memory, tolerance, and extinctionJames R Shoblock
Center for Neuropharmacology and Neuroscience, Albany Medical College, 47 New Scotland Avenue MC 136, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 170:150-6. 2003..Since working memory depends on PFC DA, it was postulated that AMPH would also be more potent than METH at affecting working memory...
- Differential effects of ibogaine on behavioural and dopamine sensitization to cocaineK K Szumlinski
Center for Neuropharmacology and Neuroscience, MC 136, Albany Medical College, 47 New Scotland Avenue, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 398:259-62. 2000..This result demonstrates that ibogaine pretreatment can reverse one of the neuroadaptations produced by chronic cocaine administration, an effect that may contribute to its putative anti-addictive property...
- Decisions at the end of lifeJ A Balint
The Albany Medical College Center For Medical Ethics, Education and Research, NY 12208, USA
Croat Med J 41:144-9. 2000..Physicians and societies in individual countries must work out their own approaches to PAS. However, foregoing invasive or intensive life support in terminally ill patients consistent with their wishes is considered appropriate...
- Presence of 22q11 deletion in postadenoidectomy velopharyngeal insufficiencyJ A Perkins
Division of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Albany Medical College, NY, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 126:645-8. 2000..Although the diagnosis of VCFS is primarily a clinical one, a test has been developed to identify the underlying chromosomal abnormality, ie, deletion of 22q11...
- Acutely isolated astrocytes as models to probe astrocyte functionsH K Kimelberg
Division of Neurosurgery, Albany Medical College, NY 12208, USA
Neurochem Int 36:359-67. 2000....
- Innervation of the digit on the forepaw of the raccoonF L Rice
Center for Neuropharmacology and Neuroscience, Albany Medical College, New York 12208, USA
J Comp Neurol 417:467-90. 2000..Virtually all of the sweat gland and vascular innervation is peptidergic, whereas most of the unmyelinated epidermal innervation is nonpeptidergic...
- Cutaneous-evoked tinnitus. II. Review Of neuroanatomical, physiological and functional imaging studiesA T Cacace
Department of Surgery, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Audiol Neurootol 4:258-68. 1999....
- Nitric Oxide. III. A molecular prelude to intestinal inflammationM J Miller
Department of Pediatrics, Albany Medical College, Albany, New York 12208, USA
Am J Physiol 276:G795-9. 1999..Thus, whereas iNOS may be a marker for the proinflammatory actions of NO, the species that mediate tissue injury/dysfunction in inflammation are likely to be nitrogen oxides other than NO...
- Clinical integration and new options for academic medical institutions in network developmentP L Taylor
Albany Medical Center, NY 12208, USA
Acad Med 74:213-20. 1999..He urges those institutions to realize that if they keep faith with their best characteristics in creative new ways (such as those suggested by his article), they will thrive in the years ahead...
- Stem cells in the adult mammalian central nervous systemS Temple
Department of Pharmacology and Neuroscience A 60 The Albany Medical College Albany New York 12208 USA
Curr Opin Neurobiol 9:135-41. 1999..Recent studies suggest that the fate of stem cell progeny in vivo may be linked to the complexity of the animal's environment...
- Amino acid motifs required for isolated beta cytoplasmic domains to regulate 'in trans' beta1 integrin conformation and function in cell attachmentA M Mastrangelo
Department of Physiology and Cell Biology Albany Medical College, Albany, NY 12208, USA
J Cell Sci 112:217-29. 1999....
- Errors in the use of medication dosage equationsT S Lesar
Department of Pharmacy, Albany Medical Center, NY 12208, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 152:340-4. 1998..Calculation errors in prescribing are a well-recognized problem; however, no systematic studies of actual errors involving calculation or other errors in the use of drug dosage equations are available...
- Flow cytometric determination of ganciclovir susceptibilities of human cytomegalovirus clinical isolatesJ M McSharry
Albany Medical College, New York 12208, USA
J Clin Microbiol 36:958-64. 1998..The flow cytometric assay for determining ganciclovir susceptibility of HCMV is quantitative, and objective, and potentially automatable, and its results are reproducible among laboratories...
- Time-dependent interactions between iboga agents and cocaineI M Maisonneuve
Department of Pharmacology and Neuroscience, Albany Medical College, NY 12208, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 336:123-6. 1997..These time-dependent effects, which could not be attributed to the motor activity induced by the iboga agents alone, account for divergent results reported in the literature...
- Milrinone for long-term pharmacologic support of the status 1 heart transplant candidatesC C Canver
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Albany Medical College, New York 12208 3479, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 69:1823-6. 2000..We determined the efficacy of long-term therapy with milrinone alone or in combination with inotropic agents in status 1 heart transplant candidates as a pharmacological support until heart transplantation...
- Socioeconomic status is an important determinant of the use of invasive procedures after acute myocardial infarction in New York StateE F Philbin
Division of Cardiology, Albany Medical College, Mail Code 44, 47 New Scotland Avenue, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Circulation 102:III107-15. 2000..The purpose of the present study was to examine the influence of household income as a measure of SES on the use of invasive cardiac procedures among a large group of patients with acute myocardial infarction...
- Use of intraoperative hetastarch priming during coronary bypassC C Canver
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY, USA
Chest 118:1616-20. 2000..Patient characteristics and clinical variables were compared among the groups using the Kruskal-Wallis test. Patient survival estimates were compared using log-rank test...
- Intraoperative and postoperative risk factors for respiratory failure after coronary bypassCharles C Canver
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, The Heart Institute, Albany Medical College, Albany, New York 12208, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 75:853-7; discussion 857-8. 2003..The purpose of this study was to identify intraoperative and postoperative risk factors that predispose respiratory impairment after CABG...
- Practitioner intervention-reporting systems for measuring the quality of drug useTimothy S Lesar
Albany Medical Center, 43 New Scotland Avenue, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 59:2320-2. 2002
- Necessity of fire department response to the scene of motor vehicle crashesDeborah L Funk
Department of Emergency Medicine, Albany Medical College, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY, USA
Am J Emerg Med 20:580-2. 2002..A prospective study, including a cost analysis, should be undertaken to further clarify the role of FD response to MVCs...
- Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant activities of cat's claw (Uncaria tomentosa and Uncaria guianensis) are independent of their alkaloid contentM Sandoval
Albany Medical College, Center for Cardiovascular Sciences and Deapertment of Pediatrics, NY 12208, USA
Phytomedicine 9:325-37. 2002..guianensis is more potent. In conclusion, the presence of oxindole or pentacyclic alkaloids did not influence the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of cat's claw...
- Antagonism of alpha 3 beta 4 nicotinic receptors as a strategy to reduce opioid and stimulant self-administrationStanley D Glick
Center for Neuropharmacology and Neuroscience, Albany Medical College MC 136, 47 New Scotland Avenue, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 438:99-105. 2002..18-Methoxycoronaridine apparently has greater selectivity for this site than other agents and may be the first of a new class of synthetic agents acting via this novel mechanism to produce a broad spectrum of anti-addictive activity...
- Interactions of elongation factor 1alpha with F-actin and beta-actin mRNA: implications for anchoring mRNA in cell protrusionsGang Liu
Department of Anatomy and Structural Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York, New York 10461, USA
Mol Biol Cell 13:579-92. 2002..Taken together, these results implicate EF1alpha in the anchoring of beta-actin mRNA to the protrusion in crawling cells...
- Relationships between otoacoustic emissions and auditory brainstem responses in neonates and young children: a correlation and factor analytical studyAnthony T Cacace
Department of Albany, Division of Otolaryngology, Albany Medical College, 47 New Scotland Avenue, Albany, NY 12208, U S A
Laryngoscope 112:156-67. 2002..To establish relationships among transient evoked otoacoustic emission (TEOAE) and auditory brainstem response (ABR) variables in a sample of normal hearing neonates and young children, ranging in age from approximately 3 weeks to 4 years...
- Serum lactates are not predictive of heart failure severity in status I cardiac transplant candidatesC C Canver
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Albany Medical College, Albany, New York 12208, USA
J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 42:705-7. 2001..The purpose of this study was to determine whether serum lactate levels are predictive of congestive heart failure severity in cardiomyopathic status I cardiac transplant candidates...
- Evaluation and management of the patient co-infected with human immunodeficiency virus and hepatitis CM J Hubbard
Albany Medical Center, Division of HIV Medicine, New York State Department of Health HIV Clinical Scholar, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Clin Excell Nurse Pract 5:205-10. 2001..The purpose of this article is to provide an overview of hepatitis C, especially in the presence of HIV infection, and to detail the recognition and management of the care of this emerging population...
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae rad51 mutants are defective in DNA damage-associated sister chromatid exchanges but exhibit increased rates of homology-directed translocationsM Fasullo
Center for Immunology and Microbial Disease, Albany Medical College, Albany, New York 12208, USA
Genetics 158:959-72. 2001..We suggest that S. cerevisiae RAD51 facilitates genomic stability by reducing nonreciprocal translocations generated by RAD51-independent break-induced replication (BIR) mechanisms...
- Concordant p53 and mdm-2 protein expression in vulvar squamous cell carcinoma and adjacent lichen sclerosusJ A Carlson
Department of Pathology, Albany Medical College, New York 12208, USA
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 9:150-63. 2001..Overexpression of mdm-2 with stabilization and inactivation of p53 protein may provide an alternate pathway for vulvar carcinogenesis...
- Distinct T-cell clonal expansion in the vicinity of tumor cells in plasmacytomaS H Lim
Myeloma and Transplantation Research Center, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas, USA
Cancer 91:900-8. 2001..The authors reasoned that if there is any specific T-cell/tumor cell interaction in myeloma, it is most likely reflected in the T-cell population in the vicinity of the tumor cells...
- Biomarkers for the detection of bladder cancerJ S Ross
Department of Pathology and Labortory Medicine, Albany Medical College, Albany, New York 12208, USA
Adv Anat Pathol 8:37-45. 2001....
- The regulation of Streptococcus mutans glucan-binding protein A expressionJ A Banas
Department of Microbiology, Immunology, and Molecular Genetics, Albany Medical College, NY 12208, USA
FEMS Microbiol Lett 154:289-92. 1997..mutans. Expression of GBP-A was optimal under anaerobiosis and neutral pH conditions, and correlated with optimal growth. The addition of sucrose to the growth medium did not elevate the expression of GBP-A...
- NON-OPIOID ANALGESICS DERIVED FROM IMPROGANLINDSAY HOUGH; Fiscal Year: 2006..These experiments will help to discover the mechanism of action of this novel class of agents, and lead to the development of new pharmacotherapies for pain. ..
- HISTAMINERGIC MECHANISMS OF ANTINOCICEPTIONLINDSAY HOUGH; Fiscal Year: 2007..These collaborative experiments between pharmacologists, neurophysiologists and chemists will discover the mechanism of action of this novel class of agents and lead to the development of new, non-opioid pharmacotherapies for pain. ..
- HISTAMINERGIC MECHANISMS OF ANTINOCICEPTIONLINDSAY HOUGH; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- HISTAMINERGIC MECHANISMS OF ANTINOCICEPTIONLINDSAY HOUGH; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- P450 Epoxygenase Mechanisms of Opioid AnalgesiaLINDSAY HOUGH; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal will uncover new biochemical mechanisms for pain relief, and test a new group of chemicals for pain-relieving properties. This research could lead to the development of new, non-addicting pain relievers. ..
- HISTAMINERGIC MECHANISMS OF ANTINOCICEPTIONLINDSAY HOUGH; Fiscal Year: 1999..These studies will clarify the mechanisms by which MOR relieves pain, enhance the understanding of histaminergic antinociceptive mechanisms, and may lead to the discovery of non-addicting, novel medications for the treatment of pain. ..
- HISTAMINERGIC MECHANISMS OF ANALGESIALINDSAY HOUGH; Fiscal Year: 1992..These studies will enhance our knowledge of antinociceptive mechanisms, and may lead to the development of novel, clinically useful agents for the relief of pain...
- NEURO-BEHAVIORAL MECHANISMS OF DRUG ADDICTIONSTANLEY GLICK; Fiscal Year: 1992..These studies should provide basic information on mechanisms of drug actions as well as an animal model for understanding interindividual differences in drug preferences and patterns of abuse among humans...
- PHARMACOLOGY & NEUROSCIENCE TRAINING IN DRUG ABUSESTANLEY GLICK; Fiscal Year: 2007..All aspects of the program are administered by the director and an executive committee of administrative and training faculty. ..
- DIENCEPHALIC MECHANISMS OF DRUG ABUSESTANLEY GLICK; Fiscal Year: 2007..The work proposed here may ultimately result in new kinds of treatments for drug abuse. ..
- NEUROBEHAVIORAL MECHANISMS OF DRUG ADDICTIONSTANLEY GLICK; Fiscal Year: 2001..This research may result in novel treatments for addictive disorders in humans. ..
- Glucocorticoid & corticosteriod receptor-dependence of HPA activity and behaviorLauren Jacobson; Fiscal Year: 2010..Since depression recovery depends on early effective treatment, results from this work could ultimately reduce the public health costs of depression by maximizing initial treatment success. ..
- Role of glucocorticoids in hypoglycemia unawarenessLauren Jacobson; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- CNS Counterregulatory MechanismsLauren Jacobson; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will provide novel information on the neuropharmacology of glucose control that may reveal therapeutic strategies to prevent hypoglycemia unawareness. ..
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF MUTANT 5-HT2C SEROTONIN RECEPTORSKatharine Herrick Davis; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Heterogeneity of hypoxic Ca2+ release in pulmonary and *Yong Xiao Wang; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed studies are also of fundamental physiological significance with respect to the regulation of Ca2+ release in other cell types. ..