Caroline C Renner
Affiliation: Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium
- Focus groups of Y-K Delta Alaska Natives: attitudes toward tobacco use and tobacco dependence interventionsCaroline C Renner
Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation, Bethel, AK, USA
Prev Med 38:421-31. 2004..This study employed focus group methodology to explore attitudes toward tobacco use and tobacco dependence interventions among Alaska Natives residing on the Y-K Delta...
- Iqmik: a form of smokeless tobacco used among Alaska nativesCaroline C Renner
Office of Alaska Native Health Research, Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium, Anchorage, AK 99508, USA
Am J Health Behav 29:588-94. 2005..To describe a homemade form of smokeless tobacco known as Iqmik used among Alaska Natives residing in western Alaska...
- Tobacco use during pregnancy among Alaska Natives in western AlaskaCaroline C Renner
Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium, Office of Alaska Native Health Research, 4201 Tudor Centre Drive, Suite 105, Anchorage, AK 99508, USA
Alaska Med 47:12-6. 2005..To determine tobacco use rates during pregnancy among Alaska Natives residing on the Yukon-Kuskokwim (Y-K) Delta of western Alaska. Alaska Natives residing in this region use Iqmik, a unique form of smokeless tobacco (ST)...
- Genetic and phenotypic variation in UGT2B17, a testosterone-metabolizing enzyme, is associated with BMI in malesAndy Z X Zhu
aDepartment of Pharmacology and Toxicology bDepartment of Psychiatry, Center for Addiction and Mental Health, Campbell Family Mental Health Research Institute, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada cDepartment of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, School of Medicine, University of Kansas, Kansas City, Kansas dDepartment of Medicine and Center for Health Equity, University of Minnesota Medical School eDepartment of Psychiatry, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota fAlaska Native Medical Center, Cardiology Research and Program Development, Anchorage, Alaska gDepartment of Medicine and Bioengineering and Therapeutic Sciences, Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
Pharmacogenet Genomics 25:263-9. 2015..In humans, UDP-glucuronosyltransferase 2B17 (UGT2B17) metabolizes testosterone to a metabolite, which is readily excreted in urine. We investigate the association between genetic and phenotypic variation in UGT2B17 and body weight...
- Fetal Exposure to Carcinogens With Tobacco Use in Pregnancy: Phase 1 MAW Study FindingsChristie A Flanagan
Clinical and Research Services, Division of Community Health Services, Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium, Anchorage, AK
Nicotine Tob Res 18:2162-2168. 2016..We sought to correlate maternal cotinine levels with fetal exposure to a tobacco-specific carcinogen to incorporate in a biomarker feedback intervention to motivate tobacco cessation during pregnancy...
- Tobacco use among southwestern Alaska Native peopleCaroline C Renner
Alaska Native Medical Center, Anchorage Anchorage, AK 99508, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 15:401-6. 2013..We examined the characteristics, attitudes, beliefs, and exposure to tobacco products in a cohort of rural dwelling Alaska Native (AN) people...
- Iqmik--a form of smokeless tobacco used by pregnant Alaska natives: nicotine exposure in their neonatesRichard D Hurt
Nicotine Dependence Center, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 17:281-9. 2005..To determine the concentration of nicotine and cotinine in maternal blood and neonatal cord blood among pregnant Alaska Native women and to assess the neonates for neurobehavioral effects...
- Tobacco and other substance use among Alaska Native youth in western AlaskaSarah Angstman
Department of Psychology, University of Montana, Missoula, MT, USA
Am J Health Behav 31:249-60. 2007..To examine tobacco, alcohol, and other drug use rates among Alaska Native youth from western Alaska...