R J Wall
Affiliation: Agricultural Research Service
- Enhanced host immune recognition of mastitis causing Escherchia coli in CD-14 transgenic miceR Wall
Animal Bioscience and Biotechnology Laboratory, Agricultural Research Service, Beltsville, Maryland, USA
Anim Biotechnol 20:1-14. 2009..Highest expressing lines had the least edema, suggesting the presence of sCD14 had an effect on reducing the inflammatory response to E. coli, thus, possibly protecting against gland tissue damage...
- Are animal models as good as we think?R J Wall
Animal Bioscience and Biotechnology Lab, Agricultural Research Service, Beltsville, MD, USA
Theriogenology 69:2-9. 2008..A better understanding of the mechanisms of gene regulation may provide needed insight to improve the predictability of animal models...
- DNA preparation method can influence outcome of transgenic animal experimentsR J Wall
Gene Evaluation and Mapping Laboratory, USDA, Beltsville, MD 20705, USA
Anim Biotechnol 11:19-32. 2000..These data suggest that on average the NaCl gradient purification technique results in a higher embryo survival rate to term for both sheep and mice, but the technique has no influence on rate of transgene integration...
- Cell donor influences success of producing cattle by somatic cell nuclear transferA M Powell
Biotechnology and Germplasm Laboratory, Agricultural Research Service, USDA, Beltsville, Maryland 20705, USA
Biol Reprod 71:210-6. 2004..We conclude that a significant component in determining somatic cell nuclear transfer success is the source of the nuclear donor cells...
- Growth and tissue accretion rates of swine expressing an insulin-like growth factor I transgeneV G Pursel
Biotechnology and Germplasm Laboratory, USDA ARS, Beltsville, Maryland 20705, USA
Anim Biotechnol 15:33-45. 2004..05). Based on these results we conclude that expression of IGF-I in the skeletal muscles gradually altered body composition as pigs became older but did not have a major affect on growth performance...
- Expression of myostatin pro domain results in muscular transgenic miceJ Yang
Gene Evaluation and Mapping Laboratory, USDA ARS, 10300 Baltimore Avenue, Beltsville, MD 20705 2350, USA
Mol Reprod Dev 60:351-61. 2001..The results of this study suggest that the over-expression of myostatin pro domain may provide an alternative to myostatin knockouts as a means of increasing muscle mass in other mammals...
- In vivo evaluation of changes in body composition of transgenic mice expressing the myostatin pro domain using dual energy X-ray absorptiometryA D Mitchell
Growth Biology Laboratory Animal and Natural Resources Institute, United States Department of Agriculture Agricultural Research Service, Beltsville Agricultural Research Center, Beltsville, MD 20705, USA
Growth Dev Aging 70:25-37. 2007..A region-of-interest analysis was used to provide a separate measure of the hind limb. By using DXA, this study determined the onset and degree of differences in body composition of MLC-pro TG and littermate control mice...
- Regulation of animal biotechnology: research needsC E Rexroad
U S Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, 5601 Sunnyside Avenue, Rm 4 2150, Beltsville, MD 20705 5134, USA
Theriogenology 68:S3-8. 2007..For the promises of animal biotechnology to be fulfilled, scientists will have to resolve many questions for regulators and the public but tools to answer those questions are rapidly becoming available...
- New gene transfer methodsR J Wall
Gene Evaluation and Mapping Laboratory, Agricultural Research Service, United States Department of Agriculture, Beltsville, MD 20750, USA
Theriogenology 57:189-201. 2002....
- Fate of lysostaphin in milk from individual cows through pasteurization and cheesemakingD L Van Hekken
Dairy Processing and Products Research Unit, USDA, Agricultural Research Service, Eastern Regional Research Center, Wyndmoor, PA 19038, USA
J Dairy Sci 92:444-57. 2009..Enough of the lysostaphin secreted into milk by transgenic cows survived typical dairy processing conditions to impart potential value as a bioprotective agent against staphylococci in dairy foods...
- Pronuclear microinjectionR J Wall
Gene Evaluation and Mapping Laboratory, Agricultural Research Service, U S Department of Agriculture, Beltsville, Maryland 20705, USA
Cloning Stem Cells 3:209-20. 2001..Those parameters will be discussed, as will some new innovations that promise to finally increase efficiency of pronuclear microinjection methodology...
- Follicular expression of a human beta-cell leukaemia/lymphoma-2 (Bcl-2) transgene does not decrease atresia or increase ovulation rate in swineH D Guthrie
Biotechnology and Germplasm Laboratory, Animal and Natural Resources Institute, Agricultural Research Service, USDA, Beltsville, MD 20705, USA
Reprod Fertil Dev 17:457-66. 2005....
- Whey acidic protein extrinsically expressed from the mouse mammary tumor virus long terminal repeat results in hyperplasia of the coagulation gland epithelium and impaired mammary developmentL Hennighausen
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Metabolism, National Institute of Diabetes, Digestive and Kidney Diseases, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20982
Cell Growth Differ 5:607-13. 1994..It appears from the present study that growth regulatory effects of WAP are restricted in the mouse to the mammary and coagulation gland epithelium...