T M Primus
Affiliation: Agricultural Research Service
- Determination of 4,4'-dinitrocarbanilide (DNC), the active component of the antifertility agent nicarbazin, in chicken, duck, and goose plasmaT M Primus
Analytical Chemistry Project, U S Department of Agriculture Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service National Wildlife Research Center, 4101 LaPorte Avenue, Fort Collins, Denver, Colorado 80521, USA
J Agric Food Chem 49:3589-93. 2001..The mean recovery of DNC in fortified chicken plasma samples was 99.7 +/- 1.9% for 0.18 and 9.1 ppm DNC, and in fortified duck and goose plasma samples was 99.5 +/- 4.9% and 101.4 +/- 4.5%, respectively, for 0.18, 9.1, and 18 ppm DNC...
- Novel field sampling procedure for the determination of methiocarb residues in surface waters from rice fieldsT M Primus
Analytical Chemistry Project, APHIS National Wildlife Research Center, U S Department of Agriculture, 4101 LaPorte Avenue, Ft Collins, Colorado 80521, USA
J Agric Food Chem 49:5706-9. 2001..Recoveries from control surface water samples fortified at 5.0, 10, 50, and 100 ng/mL methiocarb averaged 92 +/- 7%. A method limit of detection for methiocarb in rice field surface water was estimated to be 0.23 ng/mL at 223 nm...
- Reversed-phase ion-pair liquid chromatographic determination of chlorophacinone and diphacinone in steam-rolled oat baits and steam-rolled oat/wax baitsT M Primus
USDA APHIS National Wildlife Research Center, Analytical Chemistry Project, Ft Collins, CO 80525, USA
J AOAC Int 81:349-57. 1998..0 and 0.76 micrograms/g, respectively. Method limits of detection for chlorophacinone and diphacinone in wax baits were estimated to be 4.2 and 2.8 micrograms/g, respectively...
- Risk assessment of an acetaminophen baiting program for chemical control of brown tree snakes on Guam: evaluation of baits, snake residues, and potential primary and secondary hazardsJ J Johnston
United States Department of Agriculture, Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service, National Wildlife Research Center, Fort Collins, Colorado 80521, USA
Environ Sci Technol 36:3827-33. 2002..These results indicate that the advantages of using acetaminophen to reduce brown tree snake populations on Guam outweigh the minimal risks to nontarget feral and wildlife species...
- Evaluation and significance of tetracycline stability in rabies vaccine baitsJ J Johnston
APHIS WS National Wildlife Research Center, US Department of Agriculture, 4101 LaPorte Avenue, Fort Collins, CO 80521, USA
J Wildl Dis 41:549-58. 2005..This situation could contribute to low biomarker detection rates and suggests that formulation modification should be considered...