Affiliation: Agricultural Research Service
- Genome-wide identification and characterization of simple sequence repeat loci in grape phylloxera, Daktulosphaira vitifoliaeH Lin
Crop Diseases, Pests and Genetics Research Unit, USDA ARS, Parlier, CA, USA
Genet Mol Res 11:1409-16. 2012....
- Complete Genome Sequence of "Candidatus Liberibacter africanus," a Bacterium Associated with Citrus HuanglongbingHong Lin
USDA ARS San Joaquin Valley Agricultural Sciences Center, Parlier, California, USA
Genome Announc 3:. 2015..The 1,192,232-bp genome with 34.5% G+C content comprises 1,017 open reading frames, 44 tRNAs, and three complete rRNAs in a circular chromosome. ..
- Reproductive mode and fine-scale population genetic structure of grape phylloxera (Daktulosphaira vitifoliae) in a viticultural area in CaliforniaMd Sajedul Islam
USDA, Agricultural Resarch Service, USDA ARS, San Joaquin Valley Agricultural Sciences Center, 9611 South Riverbend Avenue, Parlier, CA 93648 9757, USA
BMC Genet 14:123. 2013..We examined reproductive mode and genetic structure of phylloxera by analyzing microsatellite makers across the samples from four vineyard-sites in California...
- Aspects of pathogen genomics, diversity, epidemiology, vector dynamics, and disease management for a newly emerged disease of potato: zebra chipHong Lin
United States Department of Agriculture Agricultural Research Service Crop Diseases, Pests and Genetics Research Unit 9611, S Riverbend Avenue, Parlier, CA 93648, USA
Phytopathology 103:524-37. 2013....
- PrimerSNP: a web tool for whole-genome selection of allele-specific and common primers of phylogenetically-related bacterial genomic sequencesJiqiang Yao
Citrus Research Board, 323 W Oak Street, Visalia, CA 93291, USA
BMC Microbiol 8:185. 2008..PrimerSNP attempts to identify reliable strain-specific markers, on which specific primers are designed for pathogen detection purpose...
- The complete genome sequence of 'Candidatus Liberibacter solanacearum', the bacterium associated with potato zebra chip diseaseHong Lin
United States Department of Agriculture Agricultural Research Service, CDPG, San Joaquin Valley Agricultural Sciences Center, Parlier, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e19135. 2011..L. solanacearum' probably has reduced capacity for nucleic acid modification, increased amino acid and vitamin biosynthesis functionalities, and gained a high-affinity iron transport system characteristic of several pathogenic microbes...
- A new diagnostic system for ultra-sensitive and specific detection and quantification of Candidatus Liberibacter asiaticus, the bacterium associated with citrus HuanglongbingHong Lin
Crop Diseases, Pests and Genetics Research Unit, San Joaquin Valley Agricultural Science Center, USDA ARS PWA, Parlier, CA 93648, USA
J Microbiol Methods 81:17-25. 2010..The technique described here is generic and can be applied to the detection of other plant pathogenic bacteria...
- Multilocus microsatellite analysis of 'Candidatus Liberibacter asiaticus' associated with citrus Huanglongbing worldwideMd Sajedul Islam
USDA ARS San Joaquin Valley Agricultural Research Science Center, Parlier, CA 93648, USA
BMC Microbiol 12:39. 2012..L. asiaticus' from a worldwide collection. Two hundred eighty seven isolates from USA (Florida), Brazil, China, India, Cambodia, Vietnam, Taiwan, Thailand, and Japan were analyzed...
- Comparative analysis of ESTs involved in grape responses to Xylella fastidiosa infectionHong Lin
USDA ARS, 9611 S, Riverbend Avenue, Parlier, California 93648, USA
BMC Plant Biol 7:8. 2007..The current molecular breeding efforts have identified genetic basis of PD resistance in grapes. However, the transcriptome level characterization of the host response to this pathogen is lacking...
- Transcriptional regulation of the grape cytochrome P450 monooxygenase gene CYP736B expression in response to Xylella fastidiosa infectionDavis W Cheng
San Joaquin Valley Agricultural Science Center, USDA ARS 9611 South Riverbend Avenue, Parlier, CA 93648, USA
BMC Plant Biol 10:135. 2010....
- VitisExpDB: a database resource for grape functional genomicsHarshavardhan Doddapaneni
USDA ARS, San Joaquin Valley Agricultural Science Center, 9611 So Riverbend Ave, Parlier, CA 93648, USA
BMC Plant Biol 8:23. 2008..Our goal is to develop a comprehensive web data source for Vitaceae...
- Acquisition of uncharacterized sequences from Candidatus liberibacter, an unculturable bacterium, using an improved genomic walking methodHong Lin
USDA ARS, San Joaquin Valley Agricultural Science Center, Parlier, CA 93648, USA
Mol Cell Probes 22:30-7. 2008....
- Comparative phylogenomics and multi-gene cluster analyses of the Citrus Huanglongbing (HLB)-associated bacterium Candidatus LiberibacterHarshavardhan Doddapaneni
USDA ARS, San Joaquin Valley Agricultural Science Center, 9611 So, Riverbend Avenue, Parlier, CA 93648, USA
BMC Res Notes 1:72. 2008..Expanding the genetic knowledge of this organism may provide better understanding of the pathogen and possibly develop effective strategies for control and management of HLB...
- Multilocus simple sequence repeat markers for differentiating strains and evaluating genetic diversity of Xylella fastidiosaHong Lin
Crop Diseases, Pests and Genetics, U S Department of Agriculture ARS, 9611 S Riverbend Avenue, Parlier, CA 93648, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:4888-92. 2005..fastidiosa strains collected from grape, almond, citrus, and oleander. They are well suited for differentiating strains and studying X. fastidiosa epidemiology and population genetics...
- Study on citrus response to huanglongbing highlights a down-regulation of defense-related proteins in lemon plants upon 'Ca. Liberibacter asiaticus' infectionChika C Nwugo
San Joaquin Valley Agricultural Sciences Center, Department of Agriculture, ARS, Parlier, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e67442. 2013..Taken together, this study sheds light on general and intra-species specific responses associated with the response of citrus plants to Las...
- Diversity and plasticity of the intracellular plant pathogen and insect symbiont "Candidatus Liberibacter asiaticus" as revealed by hypervariable prophage genes with intragenic tandem repeatsLijuan Zhou
University of Florida, IFAS IRREC, Ft Pierce, Florida 34945, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 77:6663-73. 2011..Liberibacter asiaticus" populations in the world and a multisource introduction of the "Ca. Liberibacter asiaticus" bacterium into Florida...
- Complete genome sequence of citrus huanglongbing bacterium, 'Candidatus Liberibacter asiaticus' obtained through metagenomicsYongping Duan
USDA ARS USHRL, Fort Pierce, FL 34945, U S A
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 22:1011-20. 2009..L. asiaticus' as an early-branching and highly divergent member of the family Rhizobiaceae. This is the first genome sequence of an uncultured alpha-proteobacteria that is both an intracellular plant pathogen and insect symbiont...
- Analysis of the genome-wide variations among multiple strains of the plant pathogenic bacterium Xylella fastidiosaHarshavardhan Doddapaneni
University of California Davis, Department of Viticulture and Enology, Davis, CA 95616, USA
BMC Genomics 7:225. 2006..With the availability of genome sequence information for four strains, it is now possible to perform genome-wide analyses to identify and categorize such DNA variations and to understand their influence on strain functional divergence...
- Identification of a response regulator involved in surface attachment, cell-cell aggregation, exopolysaccharide production and virulence in the plant pathogen Xylella fastidiosaTanja M Voegel
Department of Plant Pathology, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Mol Plant Pathol 14:256-64. 2013..In addition, this mutant had an altered transcriptional profile when compared with wild-type X. fastidiosa in genes for several biofilm-related traits, such as EPS production and haemagglutinin adhesins...
- Proteomics analysis reveals novel host molecular mechanisms associated with thermotherapy of 'Ca. Liberibacter asiaticus'-infected citrus plantsChika C Nwugo
USDA, Agricultural Research Service, San Joaquin Valley Agricultural Sciences Center, 9611 South Riverbend Avenue, Parlier, 93648, CA, USA
BMC Plant Biol 16:253. 2016..Healthy or Las-infected citrus grapefruit plants were exposed to room temperature or to continuous heat treatment of 40 °C for 6 days...
- Population Structure of Xylella fastidiosa Associated with Almond Leaf Scorch Disease in the San Joaquin Valley of CaliforniaHong Lin
First, Second, and fourth authors United States Department of Agriculture Agricultural Research Service USDA ARS San Joaquin Valley Agricultural Sciences Center, 9611 South Riverbend Avenue, Parlier, CA 93648 9757 second author Department of Viticulture and Enology, University of California, Davis 95616 third author Universidad Privada Antenor Orrego, Trujillo, Perú and fifth author Department of Entomology, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53706
Phytopathology 105:825-32. 2015..fastidiosa population structure in the San Joaquin Valley. This finding will provide insight into understanding pathogen adaptation and host selection in the context of ALS disease dynamics. ..
- Induction of innate immune responses by flagellin from the intracellular bacterium, 'Candidatus Liberibacter solanacearum'Guixia Hao
U S Horticultural Research Laboratory, USDA ARS, 2001 South Rock Rd, Fort Pierce, FL, 34945, USA
BMC Plant Biol 14:211. 2014....