J Barry McManus
Affiliation: Aerodyne Research
- Infrared laser spectrometer with balanced absorption for measurement of isotopic ratios of carbon gasesJ Barry McManus
Aerodyne Research Inc, Billerica, MA 01821, USA
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 58:2465-79. 2002..We have demonstrated the basic optical design and signal processing by determining delta13C (CO2) isotopic ratios with precision as small as 0.2/1000 using a lead salt diode laser based spectroscopic instrument...
- Long-term continuous sampling of ¹²CO₂, ¹³CO₂ and ¹²C¹⁸O¹⁶O in ambient air with a quantum cascade laser spectrometerJ Barry McManus
Aerodyne Research, Inc, Billerica, MA, USA
Isotopes Environ Health Stud 46:49-63. 2010..We also present a method of performing continuous Keeling regressions on a cascade of timescales and show some results in application of that method to the continuous sampling data set...
- Dual quantum cascade laser trace gas instrument with astigmatic Herriott cell at high pass numberJ Barry McManus
Aerodyne Research, Inc, Billerica, Massachusetts 01821 3976, USA
Appl Opt 50:A74-85. 2011..High-precision measurements of nitrous oxide and methane have been recorded at the same time as high-sensitivity measurements of HONO and H2O2...
- Characterization of urban pollutant emission fluxes and ambient concentration distributions using a mobile laboratory with rapid response instrumentationScott C Herndon
Center for Atmospheric and Environmental Chemistry, Aerodyne Research, Inc, 45 Manning Road, Billerica MA 01821 3976, USA
Faraday Discuss 130:327-39; discussion 363-86, 519-24. 2005..A mobile conditional sampling air sample collection mode designed to collect samples from intercepted emission plumes for later analysis is also described...
- Mobile laboratory with rapid response instruments for real-time measurements of urban and regional trace gas and particulate distributions and emission source characteristicsCharles E Kolb
Center for Atmospheric and Environmental Chemistry, Aerodyne Research Inc, Billerica, Massachusetts 01821 3976, USA
Environ Sci Technol 38:5694-703. 2004..Examples of the range of measurement strategies that can be undertaken using this mobile laboratory are discussed, and samples of measurement data are presented...
- Clinical study of multiple breath biomarkers of asthma and COPD (NO, CO(2), CO and N(2)O) by infrared laser spectroscopyJoanne H Shorter
Center for Atmospheric and Environmental Chemistry, Aerodyne Research, Inc, Billerica, MA, USA
J Breath Res 5:037108. 2011..The alveolar concentrations from the model were higher in adults with asthma and COPD, but this trend was less clear among the pediatric subjects...