S R Swing
Affiliation: Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
- Internal medicine residency education in ambulatory settingsS R Swing
Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education, Chicago, IL 60610, USA
Acad Med 72:988-96. 1997..To establish a benchmark for ambulatory educational practice in internal medicine in the mid-1990s using descriptive data from a representative sample of residency programs...
- Assessing the ACGME general competencies: general considerations and assessment methodsSusan R Swing
Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education ACGME, Chicago, IL 60610, USA
Acad Emerg Med 9:1278-88. 2002..This paper discusses the development and implementations of assessment methods appropriate to evaluate the performance of residents in each of the core competencies...
- Using patient care quality measures to assess educational outcomesSusan R Swing
Department of Research and Education, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education, Chicago, IL, USA
Acad Emerg Med 14:463-73. 2007....
- Perspectives on competency-based medical education from the learning sciencesSusan R Swing
Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical Education, Chicago, USA
Med Teach 32:663-8. 2010..Learners' motivation and self-regulation skills will also have an impact on the extent to which they engage in learning processes that result in the integration of knowledge and skills into complex competencies...
- Assessing practice-based learning and improvementDeirdre C Lynch
Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education, Chicago, Illinois 60610 4322, USA
Teach Learn Med 16:85-92. 2004..This article describes methods used to assess PBLI...
- The ACGME outcome project: retrospective and prospectiveSusan R Swing
Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education, Chicago, IL, USA
Med Teach 29:648-54. 2007..The Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education began an initiative in 1998 to improve resident physicians' ability to provide quality patient care and to work effectively in current and evolving healthcare delivery systems...
- Graduates' perceptions of their clinical competencies in allergy and immunology: results of a surveyJames T C Li
Division of Allergic Diseases and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Acad Med 78:933-8. 2003..This study surveyed graduates of allergy and immunology training programs about their perceived clinical competency and the adequacy of their subspecialty training...