Affiliation: Abt Associates
- From Mexico to Mali: progress in health policy and systems researchSara Bennett
Alliance for Health Policy and Systems Research, WHO, Geneva, Switzerland
Lancet 372:1571-8. 2008..Recommendations from the summit in Mexico remain pertinent, and momentum towards their achievement must be accelerated through the ministerial forum in Mali and beyond...
- Approaches to rationing antiretroviral treatment: ethical and equity implicationsSara Bennett
Partners for Health Reform plus Abt Associates, 4800 Montgomery Lane, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Bull World Health Organ 83:541-7. 2005..The effects of rationing mechanisms upon equity are critically dependent upon the implementation processes. As antiretroviral programmes are implemented it is crucial to monitor who gains access to these programmes...
- Scaling up HIV/AIDS evaluationSara Bennett
Abt Associates, 4800 Montgomery Lane, Suite 600, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Lancet 367:79-82. 2006
- The role of community-based health insurance within the health care financing system: a framework for analysisSara Bennett
Abt Associates, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Health Policy Plan 19:147-58. 2004..this does not necessarily imply that such objectives will be achieved at the system level...
- Health sector reform and public sector health worker motivation: a conceptual frameworkLynne Miller Franco
University Research Co, LLC, Partnerships for Health Reform Project, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Soc Sci Med 54:1255-66. 2002....
- Determinants and consequences of health worker motivation in hospitals in Jordan and GeorgiaLynne Miller Franco
University Research Co, LLC, 7200 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 600, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Soc Sci Med 58:343-55. 2004..This research highlights the complexity of worker motivation, and the need for a more comprehensive approach to increasing motivation, satisfaction and performance, and for interventions at both organizational and policy levels...
- Overcoming health-systems constraints to achieve the Millennium Development GoalsPhyllida Travis
Department of Health System Policies, WHO, Geneva, Switzerland
Lancet 364:900-6. 2004..The forthcoming Ministerial Summit on Health Research seeks to help define a learning agenda for health systems, so that by 2015, substantial progress will have been made to reducing the system constraints to achieving the MDGs...
- TRAVELLERS: a school-based early intervention programme helping young people manage and process change, loss and transition. Pilot phase findingsPauline Dickinson
Injury Prevention Research Centre, School of Population Health, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Auckland, Private Bag 92013, Auckland, New Zealand
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 37:299-306. 2003..The pilot study aimed to determine whether TRAVELLERS was a feasible, acceptable and promising intervention for young people within secondary schools in Aotearoa/New Zealand...
- Effects of policy options for human resources for health: an analysis of systematic reviewsMickey Chopra
Health Systems Research Unit, Medical Research Council of South Africa, Cape Town, South Africa
Lancet 371:668-74. 2008..We aimed to identify all available policy options to address human resources for health in such countries, and to assess the effectiveness of these policy options...
- Prospects for health-systems researchSara Bennett
Lancet 371:1913. 2008