Affiliation: Abbott Laboratories
- Crystallographic characterization of several erythromycin A solvates: the environment of the solvent molecules in the crystal latticeRodger Henry
Structural Chemistry, Global Pharmaceutical R and D, Abbott Laboratories, 100 Abbott Park Rd, Abbott Park, Illinois 60064, USA
J Pharm Sci 96:1251-7. 2007..The isopropanol solvate exhibits uncommon modes of hydrogen bonding, which have previously been seen only in the erythomycin B hydrate. The methanol solvate is strikingly similar to the methanol solvate of 6-O-methyl erythromycin...
- The effects of tautomerism on the nature of molecules in the solid stateRodger F Henry
Structural Chemistry, Global Pharmaceutical R and D, Abbott Laboratories, 100 Abbott Park Rd, Abbott Park, IL, 60064, USA
J Comput Aided Mol Des 24:587-90. 2010..Through the examination of several examples from the crystallographic literature it can be clearly demonstrated that the tautomeric state of a molecules can strongly affect its nature...
- 1-aryl-3-(4-pyridine-2-ylpiperazin-1-yl)propan-1-one oximes as potent dopamine D4 receptor agonists for the treatment of erectile dysfunctionTeodozyj Kolasa
Neuroscience Research, Abbott Laboratories, 100 Abbott Park Road, Abbott Park, Illinois 60064 6101, USA
J Med Chem 49:5093-109. 2006..Our results suggest that the oximes provide a novel structural linker for 4-arylpiperazine-based D4 agonists, possessing leadlike quality and with potential to develop a new class of potent and selective dopamine D4 receptor agonists...
- Synthesis of 4,5-diaryl-1H-pyrazole-3-ol derivatives as potential COX-2 inhibitorsMeena V Patel
Global Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Abbott Laboratories, 100 Abbott Park Road, Abbott Park, Illinois 60064 3500, USA
J Org Chem 69:7058-65. 2004..The structure of a representative compound from each class was confirmed by X-ray crystallography. Selected compounds tested for inhibitory activity against COX-1 and COX-2 enzymes showed good selectivity for COX-2 versus COX-1 enzyme...
- An efficient, stereoselective synthesis of the hydroxyethylene dipeptide isostere core for the HIV protease inhibitor A-792611Kenneth Engstrom
Department of Process Chemistry, Global Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Abbott Laboratories, 1401 Sheridan Road, North Chicago, IL 60064 6290, USA
J Org Chem 71:5369-72. 2006..This route was used to prepare amino alcohol 1, the core portion of the HIV protease inhibitor A-792611, in 46% yield from phenylalanine-derived epoxide 2...
- An efficient multigram synthesis of the potent histamine H3 antagonist GT-2331 and the reassessment of the absolute configurationHuaqing Liu
Neuroscience Research, Global Pharmaceutical Research Division, Abbott Laboratories, 100 Abbott Park Road, Abbott Park, Illinois 60064 6123, USA
J Org Chem 69:192-4. 2004..However, we found that the dextrorotatory, more potent, enantiomer of 4-[2-(5,5-dimethylhex-1-ynyl)cyclopropyl]-1H-imidazole has the (1S,2S) absolute configuration. We suggest a reconsideration of the absolute configuration of GT-2331...
- Synthesis and structure-activity studies on N-[5-(1H-imidazol-4-yl)-5,6,7,8-tetrahydro-1-naphthalenyl]methanesulfonamide, an imidazole-containing alpha(1A)-adrenoceptor agonistRobert J Altenbach
Neuroscience Research, Global Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Abbott Laboratories, 100 Abbott Park Road, Abbott Park, IL 60064 6123, USA
J Med Chem 47:3220-35. 2004..However, the data also support a prominent role of the alpha(1A)-AR subtype in the control of MAP...