- Effects of Ramadan fasting on biochemical and hematological parameters and cytokines in healthy and obese individuals
Medical Faculty, Department of Family Medicine, Eskisehir Osmangazi University, Eskisehir, Turkey
Metab Syndr Relat Disord 9:157-61. 2011
..We aimed to investigate the effects of Ramadan fasting on biochemical and hematological parameters and cytokines in healthy and obese individuals...
- Assessment of cardiac autonomic regulation in children with monosymptomatic nocturnal enuresis by analysis of heart rate variability
Department of Family Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Zonguldak Karaelmas University, Turkey
Tohoku J Exp Med 204:63-9. 2004
..We suggest that the parasympathetic nervous system hyperactivity plays a role in nocturnal enuresis by causing vesical hyperactivity in monosymptomatic enuretic children...
- The evaluation of serum cystatin C, malondialdehyde, and total antioxidant status in patients with metabolic syndrome
Department of Family Medicine, Zonguldak Karaelmas University, Faculty of Medicine, Zonguldak, Turkey
Med Sci Monit 14:CR97-101. 2008
..This study was designed to determine if serum cystatin C (Cys C) levels are affected by metabolic syndome and whether they correlate with lipid peroxidation and total antioxidant status (TAS) in this disorder...
- Cardiac autonomic activity in obstructive sleep apnea: time-dependent and spectral analysis of heart rate variability using 24-hour Holter electrocardiograms
Department of Cardiology, Karaelmas University, Medical Faculty, Zonguldak 67600, Turkey
Tex Heart Inst J 31:132-6. 2004
- A randomized placebo-controlled trial of mebendazole for halitosis
Department of Pediatrics, Yakutiye Research Hospital, Ataturk University, 25240, Erzurum, Turkey
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 156:995-8. 2002
..To test whether mebendazole, an antiparasitic drug, would affect recovery from halitosis...
- Guttate psoriasis-like lesions following BCG vaccination
University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Dermatology, Zonguldak, Turkey
J Trop Pediatr 50:178-9. 2004
..We proposed that patients who have psoriasis or predisposition to psoriasis must be carefully followed after BCG vaccination...
- Left ventricular diastolic function and circadian variation of blood pressure in essential hypertension
Department of Cardiology, School of Medicine, Zonguldak Karaelmas University, Kozlu 67600, Zonguldak, Turkey
Tex Heart Inst J 32:28-34. 2005
..94 +/- 0.39, P < 0.01). These findings suggest that non-dipper hypertensive patients who have impaired left ventricular diastolic function should be identified early for careful follow-up and possible referral to a specialized center...
- Effects of Sleep Disorders on Hemoglobin A1c Levels in Type 2 Diabetic Patients
Department of Family Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Eskisehir Osmangazi University, Eskişehir 9026100, Turkey
Chin Med J (Engl) 128:3292-7. 2015
- Smoking prevalence, behaviour and nicotine addiction among coal workers in Zonguldak, Turkey
Department of Family Medicine, Zonguldak Karaelmas University, Faculty of Medicine, Turkey
J Occup Health 46:289-95. 2004
..A detailed smoking history during medical surveillance may help the occupational physician to develop a system in which such individuals can be referred to comprehensive smoking cessation programs...
- Occupational allergic diseases in kitchen and health care workers: an underestimated health issue
Department of Family Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Eskisehir Osmangazi University, 9026480 Eskisehir, Turkey
Biomed Res Int 2013:285420. 2013
..This study evaluated the frequencies of allergic symptoms and rate of upper respiratory infections during the past year in the general population, kitchen workers (KW) and health care workers (HCW)...
- Results of a national study on the awareness of and attitudes toward acute otitis media (AOM) among clinicians and the estimated direct healthcare costs in Turkey (TR-AOM Study)
Ener Cagri Dinleyici
Eskisehir Osmangazi University Faculty of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Eskisehir, Turkey
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 77:756-61. 2013
- Levels of serum IL-1beta, IL-2, IL-8 and tumor necrosis factor-alpha in patients with unstable angina pectoris
Department of Cardiology, Faculty of Medicine, Karaelmas University, 67600 Kozlu, Zonguldak, Turkey
Mediators Inflamm 12:361-5. 2003
..So the aim of this study was to determine the levels of serum I -1b, IL-2, IL-8 and TNF-alpha during the early stage of UAP...
- Thymosin alpha 1 attenuates lipid peroxidation and improves fructose-induced steatohepatitis in rats
Department of Biochemistry and Clinical Biochemistry, Zonguldak Karaelmas University, Faculty of Medicine, Zonguldak, Turkey
Clin Biochem 38:540-7. 2005
..Fructose leads to experimental steatosis in the liver by exerting its effect on some components of the oxidant/antioxidant system, and on several cytokines (interleukin-1beta, -2, and -6) in blood...
- Chronic pulmonary disease in rural women exposed to biomass fumes
Kayseri Chest Diseases Hospital, Kayseri, Turkey
Clin Invest Med 26:243-8. 2003