- Effects of immunonutrition on intestinal mucosal apoptosis, mucosal atrophy, and bacterial translocation in head injured rats
Department of Anesthesiology and Reanimation, Black Sea Technical University, Farabi Hospital, Trabzon, Turkey
J Clin Neurosci 10:596-601. 2003
..Immunonutrition has been demonstrated to modulate gut function, reduce infectious complications, hospital stay, and ventilator days in the critical patients...
- Effects of early versus delayed nutrition on intestinal mucosal apoptosis and atrophy after traumatic brain injury
Department of Histology, Karadeniz Technical University, Farabi Hospital, Anabilim Dali, 61080, Trabzon, Turkey
Surg Today 35:751-9. 2005
..To determine the optimal time to start nutritional support after traumatic brain injury (TBI)...
- One-lung ventilation: for how long?
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Karadeniz Technical University, Faculty of Medicine, Trabzon, Turkey
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 134:405-10. 2007
..Lung injury induced by one-lung ventilation is rare, but it is a condition that may result in high mortality. This study evaluates the effects of one-lung ventilation and occlusion time on collapsed and contralateral lungs...
- Time-dependent variations in ischemia-modified albumin levels in mesenteric ischemia
Department of Emergency Medicine, Karadeniz Technical University Faculty of Medicine, Trabzon, Turkey
Acad Emerg Med 16:539-43. 2009
..The authors investigated whether or not plasma IMA levels rose in the acute period in a rat model of mesenteric ischemia and the related time-dependent changes...
- Comparison of the effect of propofol and N-acetyl cysteine in preventing ischaemia-reperfusion injury
Department of Anesthesiology, Karadeniz Technical University, Trabzon, Turkey
Eur J Anaesthesiol 26:279-84. 2009
- Sevoflurane/remifentanil versus propofol/remifentanil for electroconvulsive therapy: comparison of seizure duration and haemodynamic responses
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, Faculty of Medicine, Karadeniz Technical University, Trabzon, Turkey
J Int Med Res 42:111-9. 2014
..To compare the anaesthetic and convulsive effects of sevoflurane/remifentanil versus propofol/remifentanil combination in electroconvulsive therapy (ECT)...
- The effects of oxidative stress on the liver and ileum in rats caused by one-lung ventilation
Department of Histology and Embryology, Karadeniz Technical University, Faculty of Medicine, Trabzon, Turkey
J Surg Res 139:253-60. 2007
..Reactive oxygen radicals that cause remote organ injury are increased after the one-lung ventilation frequently used in thoracic surgery. The aim of this study was to examine the effects of one-lung ventilation on the liver and ileum...
- Conservative treatment of spontaneous tracheal rupture
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Faculty of Medicine, Karadeniz Technical University, Trabzon, Turkey
Pediatr Pulmonol 41:690-3. 2006
..Such tracheal defects, bridgeable by an endotracheal tube, may permit conservative treatment. The patient was discharged on day 10, and follow-up revealed no late complications...