David L Whitford
- Making research relevant to the primary health care teamD L Whitford
Br J Gen Pract 50:573-6. 2000..Other primary care teams may benefit from a similar approach. National research priority setting in primary care should take more account of the unanswered questions of primary care teams...
- Attitudes of patients towards the use of chaperones in primary careD L Whitford
Br J Gen Pract 51:381-3. 2001..The development of shared decision-making within a consultation involving an intimate examination should be seen as more important than a rigid approach towards using a chaperone...
- Influences on the variation in prevalence of type 2 diabetes between general practices: practice, patient or socioeconomic factors?David L Whitford
Department of Public Health and Primary Care, University of Cambridge
Br J Gen Pract 53:9-14. 2003..The influence of early detection and screening on the variation of prevalence between general practices has not previously been investigated...
- Screening for Type 2 diabetes: is it worthwhile? Views of general practitioners and practice nursesD L Whitford
University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Diabet Med 20:155-8. 2003..The views of health care professionals towards screening for Type 2 diabetes are not known. We set out to explore the attitudes and beliefs held by general practitioners (GPs) and practice nurses towards screening for Type 2 diabetes...
- Telephone survey of private patients' views on continuity of care and registration with general practice in IrelandPatricia Carmody
Fairview Family Practice, Dublin 3, Ireland
BMC Fam Pract 8:17. 2007..This study set out to examine the attitudes and reported behaviours of private fee-paying patients towards continuity of GP care and universal registration for patients...
- A randomised controlled trial of a lengthened and multi-disciplinary consultation model in a socially deprived community: a study protocolDavid L Whitford
Family and Community Medicine, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland Medical University of Bahrain, Adliya, Kingdom of Bahrain
BMC Fam Pract 8:38. 2007....
- Peer support in type 2 diabetes: a randomised controlled trial in primary care with parallel economic and qualitative analyses: pilot study and protocolGillian M Paul
Department of Department of Public Health and Primary Care, Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland
BMC Fam Pract 8:45. 2007..This paper describes the pilot study and protocol for a study that aims to evaluate the effectiveness of a peer support intervention for people with type 2 diabetes in a primary care setting...