Affiliation: Wellcome Trust Genome Campus
- Combining evidence, specificity, and proximity towards the normalization of Gene Ontology terms in textS Gaudan
European Bioinformatics Institute, Cambridge, UK
EURASIP J Bioinform Syst Biol . 2008..This observation is explained by the average number of words forming the terminology over the different subbranches...
- Rapid identification of PAX2/5/8 direct downstream targets in the otic vesicle by combinatorial use of bioinformatics toolsMirana Ramialison
Developmental Biology Unit, European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Meyerhofstrasse 1, Heidelberg, Germany
Genome Biol 9:R145. 2008..However, little is known about the direct downstream targets and, so far, no global approaches have been performed to identify these target genes in this particular tissue...
- Assessment of disease named entity recognition on a corpus of annotated sentencesAntonio Jimeno
European Bioinformatics Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1SD, UK
BMC Bioinformatics 9:S3. 2008....
- Integrating protein-protein interactions and text mining for protein function predictionSamira Jaeger
Knowledge Management in Bioinformatics, Humboldt University Berlin, Unter den Linden 6, 10099 Berlin, Germany
BMC Bioinformatics 9:S2. 2008..To enhance the precision of the results, we furthermore implemented a procedure that validates all predictions based on findings reported in the literature...
- Resolving abbreviations to their senses in MedlineS Gaudan
European Bioinformatics Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SD, UK
Bioinformatics 21:3658-64. 2005..Resolving an abbreviation in a document consists of retrieving its sense in use. Abbreviation resolution improves accuracy of document retrieval engines and of information extraction systems...