Affiliation: University of the West of England
- Optimized real-time quantitative PCR measurement of male fetal DNA in maternal plasmaBernhard Zimmermann
University Women s Hospital Department of Research, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Clin Chem 51:1598-604. 2005..The circulating concentrations of single-copy fetal genes, however, are close to the detection limits of PCR methods...
- Real-time quantitative polymerase chain reaction measurement of male fetal DNA in maternal plasmaBernhard Zimmermann
University Women s Hospital Department of Research, University Hospital Basel, Switzerland
Methods Mol Med 132:43-9. 2007..This chapter presents the basic methodology used in this noninvasive analysis...
- Detection of paternally inherited fetal point mutations for beta-thalassemia using size-fractionated cell-free DNA in maternal plasmaYing Li
Laboratory for Prenatal Medicine, University Women s Hospital Department of Research, Basel, Switzerland
JAMA 293:843-9. 2005..However, analysis of circulatory fetal DNA sequences in maternal plasma have been shown to selectively enrich for fetal DNA molecules on the basis of a smaller molecular size than maternal DNA...
- Size separation of circulatory DNA in maternal plasma permits ready detection of fetal DNA polymorphismsYing Li
University Women s Hospital Department of Research, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Clin Chem 50:1002-11. 2004..We examined whether different biochemical properties can be discerned between fetal and maternal circulatory DNA...
- Treatment of maternal blood samples with formaldehyde does not alter the proportion of circulatory fetal nucleic acids (DNA and mRNA) in maternal plasmaSatheesh Kumar Reddy Chinnapapagari
Department of Research, University Women s Hospital, Basel, Switzerland
Clin Chem 51:652-5. 2005
- Nucleic acid based biosensors: the desires of the userSinuhe Hahn
Laboratory for Prenatal Medicine, University Women s Hospital Department of Research, University of Basel, Spitalstrasse 21, CH 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Bioelectrochemistry 67:151-4. 2005..In this review, we provide an overview of the current state of the art concerning the high-throughput analysis of nucleic acids, and address future requirements, which will hopefully be met by new biosensor-based developments...
- Novel real-time quantitative PCR test for trisomy 21Bernhard Zimmermann
Laboratory for Prenatal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Basel, CH 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Clin Chem 48:362-3. 2002
- Staphylococcus aureus infection caused by a Panton Valentine leukocidin-producing strainChristian Aepinus
Pediatr Infect Dis J 24:284-5. 2005
- Inability to clonally expand fetal progenitors from maternal bloodBernhard Zimmermann
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Basel, Switzerland
Fetal Diagn Ther 17:97-100. 2002..To confirm the recent report of the culture of single clones of fetal progenitor cells from maternal blood...
- Use of real-time polymerase chain reaction for the detection of fetal aneuploidiesBernhard Zimmermann
Centre for Research in Biomedicine, University of the West of England, Bristol, UK
Methods Mol Biol 336:83-100. 2006..5-fold differences in gene copy number...
- Reliable detection of trisomy 21 using MALDI-TOF mass spectrometryDorothy J Huang
Laboratory for Prenatal Medicine University Women s Hospital, Department of Research Spitalstrasse 21, CH4031 Basel, Switzerland
Genet Med 8:728-34. 2006..We describe an alternative molecular method for the detection of trisomy 21 involving mass spectrometric analysis of single nucleotide polymorphisms...
- Molecular methods for rapid detection of aneuploidyLech Dudarewicz
Department of Medical Genetics, Polish Mother s Memorial Hospital Research Institute, Rzgowska 281 289, 93 338 Łódź, Poland
J Appl Genet 46:207-15. 2005....