- Imaging performance of widefield solid immersion lens microscopy
Applied Optics Group, School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, University of Nottingham, Nottingham NG7 2RD, UK
Appl Opt 46:4202-8. 2007
..Aberrations are measured experimentally, and the results are in very good agreement with those obtained from simulations and demonstrate the situations where high quality images can be obtained with the aplanatic solid immersion lens...
- Surface-plasmon microscopy with a two-piece solid immersion lens: bright and dark fields
Applied Optics Group, School of Electronic Engineering, University of Nottingham, UK
Appl Opt 45:7977-86. 2006
..Finally, we introduce a simple Green's function model that illustrates the key features of both bright-field and dark-field surface-plasmon imaging...
- Polarization modulation thermal lens microscopy for imaging the orientation of non-spherical nanoparticles
IBiOS, Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, University of Nottingham, UK
Opt Express 19:2643-8. 2011
..The technique, its implementation and experiment results are presented...
- Confocal surface plasmon microscopy with pupil function engineering
IBiOS, Faculty of Engineering, University of Nottingham, NG7 2RD, UK
Opt Express 20:7388-97. 2012
..This system, however, places greater demands on the dynamic range of the system. We therefore use a spatial light modulator to engineer the microscope pupil function to suppress light that does not contribute to the signal...
- Wide-field high-resolution surface-plasmon interference microscopy
Michael G Somekh
Institute of Biophysics Imaging and Optical Science, University of Nottingham, University Park, Nottingham NG7 2RD, United Kingdom
Opt Lett 34:3110-2. 2009
..The presented images demonstrate contrast reversals at different defocus while retaining submicrometer lateral resolution. The contrast mechanisms are discussed as well as the instrumental requirements of the technique...
- Raman spectroscopic investigation of solid samples using a low-repetition-rate pulsed Nd:YAG laser as the excitation source
State Key Laboratory of Catalysis, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, P O Box 110, Dalian 116023, China
Appl Spectrosc 61:38-47. 2007
- Development and validation of flow cytometric measurement for parasitemia in cultures of P. falciparum vitally stained with YOYO-1
Department of Pharmacology, Division of Experimental Therapeutics, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Silver Spring, Maryland 20307 5100, USA
Cytometry A 71:297-307. 2007
..The need for improved malaria diagnostics has long been recognized...
- [Wireless medical monitoring--current status and developments]
Zhuang zhi Yan
School of Communications and Information Engineering, Shanghai University, Shanghai
Zhongguo Yi Liao Qi Xie Za Zhi 30:321-6. 2006
..Its status,developments in R&D and applications are presented with a series of examples. Limitations and potential uses of wireless medical monitoring are also discussed...
- Preparation and characterization of scFv for affinity purification of reteplase
Institute of Molecular Medicine and State Key Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Nanjing University, Nanjing, 210093, China
J Biochem Biophys Methods 67:27-36. 2006
..In conclusion, it has been demonstrated that humanized scFv prepared with this approach could be used as a practical affinity ligand for efficient and cost-effective purification of reteplase, as well as other therapeutic proteins...
- Automatic detection and recognition of signs from natural scenes
School of Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA, 15213 USA
IEEE Trans Image Process 13:87-99. 2004
..We have applied the approach in developing a Chinese sign translation system, which can automatically detect and recognize Chinese signs as input from a camera, and translate the recognized text into English...