Genomes and Genes
Y L Woods
Affiliation: University of Dundee
- Characterization of a protein kinase B inhibitor in vitro and in insulin-treated liver cellsLisa Logie
Division of Pathology and Neuroscience, University of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital, Dundee, Scotland, UK
Diabetes 56:2218-27. 2007..Our aim was to characterize the specificity and efficacy of Akti-1/2 in cells exposed to insulin and then establish whether inhibition of PKB is sufficient to prevent regulation of hepatic gene expression by insulin...
- The kinase DYRK1A phosphorylates the transcription factor FKHR at Ser329 in vitro, a novel in vivo phosphorylation siteY L Woods
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, MSI WTB complex, University of Dundee, Dow Street, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland, UK
Biochem J 355:597-607. 2001..We find that FKHR and DYRK1A co-localize in discrete regions of the nucleus and can be co-immunoprecipitated from cell extracts. These experiments suggest that DYRK1A may phosphorylate FKHR at Ser(329) in vivo...
- The kinase DYRK phosphorylates protein-synthesis initiation factor eIF2Bepsilon at Ser539 and the microtubule-associated protein tau at Thr212: potential role for DYRK as a glycogen synthase kinase 3-priming kinaseY L Woods
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, School of Life Sciences, MSI WTB complex, Dow Street, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland, UK
Biochem J 355:609-15. 2001..Phosphorylation of Thr(212) primes tau for phosphorylation by GSK3 at Ser(208) in vitro, suggesting a more general role for DYRK isoforms in priming phosphorylation of GSK3 substrates...
- Exploiting the p53 pathway for cancer diagnosis and therapyYvonne L Woods
Department of Surgery and Molecular Oncology, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee, Scotland, UK
Hematol J 4:233-47. 2003..Work in this field represents an outstanding illustration of how basic scientific research is being translated into clinical applications and the many challenges this involves...
- p14 Arf promotes small ubiquitin-like modifier conjugation of Werners helicaseYvonne L Woods
CR UK Cell Transformation Research Group, Department of Surgery and Molecular Oncology, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Ninewells Avenue, Dundee DD1 9SY, UK
J Biol Chem 279:50157-66. 2004..We establish that the ability to promote SUMO conjugation is a general property of the p14 Arf tumor suppressor...
- Effect of multiple phosphorylation events on the transcription factors FKHR, FKHRL1 and AFXY L Woods
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, School of Life Sciences, MSI WTB complex, University of Dundee, Dow Street, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland, UK
Biochem Soc Trans 30:391-7. 2002..These exciting results suggest that FKHR isoforms may be critical effectors of PI 3-kinase/PDK1/PKB signalling in vivo...
- The calcium binding protein ALG-2 binds and stabilizes Scotin, a p53-inducible gene product localized at the endoplasmic reticulum membraneIngrid Draeby
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Copenhagen, Biocenter, Ole Maaløes Vej 5, 2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark
Arch Biochem Biophys 467:87-94. 2007..In vitro and in vivo binding of ALG-2 to Scotin was demonstrated to be strictly calcium dependent indicating a role of this interaction in calcium signaling pathways...
- Regulation of p53 by the ubiquitin-conjugating enzymes UbcH5B/C in vivoMark K Saville
Cancer Research UK, Cell Transformation Research Group, Department of Surgery and Molecular Oncology, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 9SY, Scotland, UK
J Biol Chem 279:42169-81. 2004....
- Two novel phosphorylation sites on FKHR that are critical for its nuclear exclusionGraham Rena
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, School of Life Sciences, MSI WTB complex, University of Dundee, Dow Street, Dundee DD1 5EH, UK
EMBO J 21:2263-71. 2002..The cluster of phosphorylation sites at Ser319, Ser322, Ser325 and Ser329 appears to accelerate nuclear export by controlling the interaction of FKHR with the Ran-containing protein complex that mediates this process...
- Important role of the LKB1-AMPK pathway in suppressing tumorigenesis in PTEN-deficient miceXu Huang
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, UK
Biochem J 412:211-21. 2008....