Genomes and Genes
Jonathan D Wood
Affiliation: University of Sheffield
- Disrupted-in-schizophrenia 1 and neuregulin 1 are required for the specification of oligodendrocytes and neurones in the zebrafish brainJonathan D Wood
MRC Centre for Developmental and Biomedical Genetics, University of Sheffield, Sheffield S10 2RX, UK
Hum Mol Genet 18:391-404. 2009..GenBank accession number for Danio rerio disc1: EU273350...
- Genetic and chemical modulation of spastin-dependent axon outgrowth in zebrafish embryos indicates a role for impaired microtubule dynamics in hereditary spastic paraplegiaRichard Butler
MRC Centre for Developmental and Biomedical Genetics, Department of Biomedical Science, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, S10 2TN, UK
Dis Model Mech 3:743-51. 2010..Thus, disruption of microtubule dynamics might underlie neuronal dysfunction in this model, and this system could be used to identify compounds that modulate microtubule dynamics, some of which might have therapeutic potential in HSP...
- Direct evidence for axonal transport defects in a novel mouse model of mutant spastin-induced hereditary spastic paraplegia (HSP) and human HSP patientsPaul R Kasher
Academic Neurology Unit, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK
J Neurochem 110:34-44. 2009..These results strongly support a direct role for defective axonal transport in the pathogenesis of HSP because of spastin mutation...
- Sonic hedgehog functions upstream of disrupted-in-schizophrenia 1 (disc1): implications for mental illnessPenelope J Boyd
Sheffield Institute for Translational Neuroscience, Department of Neuroscience, University of Sheffield, 385a Glossop Road, Sheffield S10 2HQ, UK Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, 61 Biopolis Drive, 138673, Singapore Bateson Centre, Department of Biomedical Science, University of Sheffield, Firth Court, Western Bank, Sheffield S10 2TN, UK
Biol Open 4:1336-43. 2015..We therefore suggest that altered Shh signalling may be an important neurodevelopmental factor in the pathobiology of mental illness. ..
- The microtubule-severing protein Spastin is essential for axon outgrowth in the zebrafish embryoJonathan D Wood
MRC Centre Development for Developmental and Biomedical Genetics, Department of Biomedical Science, University of Sheffield, UK
Hum Mol Genet 15:2763-71. 2006..Taken together with other recent studies, our findings suggest that axon outgrowth defects may be a common feature of childhood SPG3A and SPG4 cases...