Affiliation: University of Liverpool
- Antidepressant versus placebo for depressed elderlyK Wilson
Psychiatry, University of Liverpool, EMI Academic Unit, St Catherine s Hospital, Church Road, Birkenhead, Wirral, UK, CH42 OLQ
Cochrane Database Syst Rev . 2001..Consequently drug treatment of older patients is often carried out in institutions and on patients suffering from multiple physical problems...
- Psychotherapeutic treatments for older depressed peopleK C M Wilson
Psychiatry, EMI Academic Unit, Univ of Liverpool, St Catherine s Hospital, Church Road, Birkenhead, Wirral, UK, L42 0LQ
Cochrane Database Syst Rev . 2008..Despite a number of reviews advocating psychotherapy for the treatment of depression, there is relatively little evidence based on randomised controlled trials that specifically examines its efficacy in older people...
- Older community residents with depression: long-term treatment with sertraline. Randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled studyK C M Wilson
University of Liverpool, UK
Br J Psychiatry 182:492-7. 2003..Despite a growing use of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors in older people, only one trial has examined their prophylactic efficacy in people aged 65 years and over...
- A comparison of side effects of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and tricyclic antidepressants in older depressed patients: a meta-analysisKenneth Wilson
University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 19:754-62. 2004..To examine the relative tolerability and side effect profile of tricyclic antidepressants and selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors in older depressed people...
- Plasma insulin growth factor-1 and incident delirium in older peopleK Wilson
Elderly Mental Health Academic Unit, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 20:154-9. 2005..However, little research has been conducted in this field and the role of neuro-immunological factors as a mechanism of medication has received very little attention...
- Vascular disease, depression and cognitive impairmentK Wilson
Royal Liverpool University
Encephale 34:S50-S54. 2008
- Survival in the community of the very old depressed, discharged from medical inpatient careKenneth Wilson
Acadmeic Unit, St Catherine s Hospital, Birkenhead, UK
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 22:974-9. 2007..To examine the prevalence and associated risk factors of depression in older patients discharged home from acute medical care and their influence on duration of survival in the community...
- Depressive symptoms in the very old living alone: prevalence, incidence and risk factorsKenneth Wilson
Catherine s Hospital, Birkenhead, Wirrall, UK
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 22:361-6. 2007..This project is nested within the ENABLE-AGE project designed to explore the relationship between housing environment and health in the very old living alone in their own homes...
- A randomised comparison of melphalan with prednisone or dexamethasone as induction therapy and dexamethasone or observation as maintenance therapy in multiple myeloma: NCIC CTG MY.7Chaim Shustik
Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal, QC, Canada
Br J Haematol 136:203-11. 2007..Dexamethasone did not improve clinical outcome when combined with melphalan during induction; maintenance dexamethasone improved PFS, but this did not translate into a detectable survival advantage...
- Parasites as a viability cost of sexual selection in natural populations of mammalsSarah L Moore
Institute of Biological Sciences, University of Stirling, Stirling, FK9 4LA, UK
Science 297:2015-8. 2002..These results are consistent with the hypothesis that parasites contribute to the observed association between SSD and male-biased mortality...