Affiliation: University of Leicester
- Antihypertensive efficacy of telmisartan vs ramipril over the 24-h dosing period, including the critical early morning hours: a pooled analysis of the PRISMA I and II randomized trialsB Williams
Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, Clinical Sciences Building, Leicester Royal Infirmary, Leicester, UK
J Hum Hypertens 23:610-9. 2009....
- Impact of metabolic indices on central artery stiffness: independent association of insulin resistance and glucose with aortic pulse wave velocityD R Webb
Diabetes and Vascular Research Group, Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 5WW, UK
Diabetologia 53:1190-8. 2010..We used carotid-femoral pulse wave velocity ((cf)PWV) to quantify independent associations of fasting glucose, post-challenge glucose and derived insulin resistance (HOMA-IR) with aortic stiffness...
- Screening for non-adherence to antihypertensive treatment as a part of the diagnostic pathway to renal denervationP Patel
Department of Metabolic Medicine and Chemical Pathology, University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust, Leicester, UK
J Hum Hypertens 30:368-73. 2016..We suggest that inclusion of biochemical screening for non-adherence to antihypertensive treatment may be helpful in evaluation of patients with 'resistant hypertension' prior to consideration of renal denervation. ..
- Angiotensin II and the pathophysiology of cardiovascular remodelingB Williams
Cardiovascular Research Institute, Leicester University Medical School, Leicester, UK
Am J Cardiol 87:10C-17C. 2001..Mechanical strain also induces fibrosis in a mechanism mediated by TGF-beta(1). This cytokine thus represents a common pathway by which angiotensin II and increased arterial pressure may induce cardiovascular fibrosis...
- Mechanical strain-induced human vascular matrix synthesis: the role of angiotensin IIA G Stanley
Cardiovascular Research Institute, Leicester Royal Infirmary, Leicester, LE2 7LX, UK
J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst 1:32-5. 2000....
- The Hypertension in Diabetes Study (HDS): a catalyst for changeB Williams
Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, University of Leicester School of Medicine, Leicester, UK
Diabet Med 25:13-9. 2008....
- Impact of statin therapy on central aortic pressures and hemodynamics: principal results of the Conduit Artery Function Evaluation-Lipid-Lowering Arm (CAFE-LLA) StudyBryan Williams
Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, University of Leicester, Clinical Sciences Building, Leicester Royal Infirmary, Leicester, UK
Circulation 119:53-61. 2009....