M D Whim
Affiliation: University College London
- A novel technique that measures peptide secretion on a millisecond timescale reveals rapid changes in releaseM D Whim
Department of Pharmacology, University College London, Gower Street, WC1E 6BT, London, United Kingdom
Neuron 30:37-50. 2001..Using this method, we show that peptide secretion can be modulated on a millisecond time scale. This technique could be readily adapted to measure the secretion of any neuropeptide...
- Measuring peptide secretion using the FMRFamide tagging techniqueMatthew D Whim
Department of Pharmacology, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Sci STKE 2002:pl12. 2002..In this manner, peptide secretion can be followed on a millisecond time scale. This protocol gives the details of the approach and its potential application to a range of cell types...
- FMRFamide tagging--how an ionotropic receptor can be used to measure peptide secretionMatthew D Whim
Department of Biology, Penn State University, State College, PA 16802, USA
Methods 33:295-301. 2004..This method can be used to detect neuropeptide secretion on a millisecond timescale...
- Near simultaneous release of classical and peptide cotransmitters from chromaffin cellsMatthew D Whim
Department of Biology, Pennsylvania State University, State College, Pennsylvania 16802, USA
J Neurosci 26:6637-42. 2006..Significant amounts of peptide escape from a fusing granule in 1-2 ms: almost as rapidly as the catecholamines. This suggests that the kinetics of peptide secretion might not be as sluggish as sometimes thought...
- Cytomegalovirus induces interferon-stimulated gene expression and is attenuated by interferon in the developing brainAnthony N van den Pol
Department of Neurosurgery, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar St, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
J Virol 81:332-48. 2007..These results suggest that coupling IFN administration with current treatments may reduce CMV infections in the developing brain...