Affiliation: University of Southampton
- Nebulised hypertonic saline for cystic fibrosisP A Wark
Level D, Centre Block, University Medicine, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton, UK, SO16 6YD
Cochrane Database Syst Rev . 2003..Hypertonic saline (HS) has been shown to enhance mucociliary clearance in-vitro and this may act to lessen the destructive inflammatory process in the airways...
- DX-890 (Dyax)Peter A B Wark
Southampton General Hospital, RCMB Research Division, Tremona Road, Southampton, SO16 6YD, UK
IDrugs 5:586-9. 2002..In September 2000, JP Morgan predicted a 2005 launch for this drug, with estimated sales in that year of 23 US dollars million rising to 63 million US dollars in 2007 ...
- Asthmatic bronchial epithelial cells have a deficient innate immune response to infection with rhinovirusPeter A B Wark
The Brooke Laboratories, University of Southampton, Southampton SO16 6YD, UK
J Exp Med 201:937-47. 2005..These data suggest a novel use for type I interferons in the treatment or prevention of virus-induced asthma exacerbations...
- Pathogenesis of allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis and an evidence-based review of azoles in treatmentPeter Wark
Brooke Laboratories, Southampton University, MP 810 Tremona Road, Southampton, UK
Respir Med 98:915-23. 2004..The aim of this review is to outline the pathogenesis of the disorder, diagnostic criteria and to discuss the use of anti-fungal agents in its treatment...
- Drug treatment for chronic obstructive pulmonary diseasePaul Wark
University of Southampton, RCMB Centre Block Level D MP 810, Tremona Rd, Southampton, SO16 6YD, UK
IDrugs 6:874-9. 2003....
- IFN-gamma-induced protein 10 is a novel biomarker of rhinovirus-induced asthma exacerbationsPeter A B Wark
Brooke Laboratories, University of Southampton, Southampton, United Kingdom
J Allergy Clin Immunol 120:586-93. 2007..Rhinovirus-induced acute asthma is the most frequent trigger for asthma exacerbations...
- Clinical usefulness of inflammatory markers in asthmaPeter A B Wark
Research Division, Respiratory Cell and Molecular Biology, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton, UK
Am J Respir Med 2:11-9. 2003..The place of induced sputum and eNO in the ongoing monitoring of patients with asthma are now being investigated in controlled trials...
- Role of deficient type III interferon-lambda production in asthma exacerbationsMarco Contoli
Department of Respiratory Medicine, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London, Norfolk Place, London W2 1PG, UK
Nat Med 12:1023-6. 2006..These results identify previously unknown mechanisms of susceptibility to infection in asthma and suggest new approaches to prevention and/or treatment of asthma exacerbations...
- Induced sputum 8-isoprostane concentrations in inflammatory airway diseasesLisa G Wood
Department of Respiratory and Sleep Medicine, John Hunter Hospital, Locked Bag 1, Hunter Region Mail Centre, NSW, 2310, Australia
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 171:426-30. 2005..Analysis of 8-iso-PGF(2alpha) concentrations in induced sputum provides a useful tool for monitoring oxidative stress and investigating strategies aimed at reducing oxidative stress in airways disease...
- Use of induced sputum for the diagnosis of influenza and infections in asthma: a comparison of diagnostic techniquesJodie L Simpson
Department of Respiratory and Sleep Medicine, John Hunter Hospital, Locked Bag 1, Hunter Region Mail Centre, Newcastle, New South Wales 2310, Australia
J Clin Virol 26:339-46. 2003..Sputum was assayed using IFA and RT-PCR for flu and RSV. Flu serology was performed acutely and at convalescence, 4-5 weeks later...