Affiliation: University of Birmingham
- Adenocarcinoma in an ileoanal pouch formed for ulcerative colitis in a patient with primary sclerosing cholangitis and a liver transplant: report of a case and review of the literatureMike Walker
Department of Surgery, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, United Kingdom
Dis Colon Rectum 49:909-12. 2006..There is also the need for longer-term follow-up data to determine the risk of this rare and potentially devastating complication of restorative proctocolectomy...
- Selecting patients with young-onset colorectal cancer for mismatch repair gene analysisM Walker
Department of Surgery, University Hospital Birmingham NHS Trust, Birmingham, UK
Br J Surg 94:1567-71. 2007..This study investigated the role of clinical criteria and immunohistochemistry for MMR proteins in selecting young patients for mutation testing...
- Pilot randomised controlled trial of occupational therapy to optimise independence in Parkinson's disease: the PD OT trialC E Clarke
Department of Neurology, City Hospital, Dudley Road, Birmingham B18 7QH, UK
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 80:976-8. 2009..To perform a pilot trial of occupational therapy (OT) to optimise functional independence in Parkinson disease (PD) to assess accrual/withdrawal rates, acceptability, outcome measures, and inform sample-size calculation...
- CpG island promoter hypermethylation of a novel Ras-effector gene RASSF2A is an early event in colon carcinogenesis and correlates inversely with K-ras mutationsLuke B Hesson
Section of Medical and Molecular Genetics, Division of Reproductive and Child Health, Institute of Biomedical Research, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
Oncogene 24:3987-94. 2005....
- Involvement of surgical trainees in surgery for colorectal cancer and their effect on outcomeD W Borowski
Department of Surgery, North Tyneside General Hospital, Rake Lane, North Shields, Tyne and Wear, UK
Colorectal Dis 10:837-45. 2008....