Affiliation: University of Manchester
- Nutrient intakes of an adult Pakistani, European and African-Caribbean community in inner city BritainAvni Vyas
Clinical Epidemiology Unit, University of Manchester Medical School, Manchester, UK
J Hum Nutr Diet 16:327-37. 2003..To report nutrient intakes for three different ethnic groups living in inner city Manchester and explore under-reporting in each group...
- A pilot randomized trial in primary care to investigate and improve knowledge, awareness and self-management among South Asians with diabetes in ManchesterA Vyas
Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics Group, University of Manchester Medical School and Manchester Diabetes Centre Royal Infirmary, UK
Diabet Med 20:1022-6. 2003..To investigate whether a secondary-primary care partnership education package could improve understanding of diabetes care among South Asians...
- Estimated portion sizes in a school-aged populationSumaiya Patel
School of Translational Medicine, University of Manchester and NIHR Translational Research Facility in Respiratory Medicine, University Hospital of South Manchester NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK
Public Health Nutr 15:2193-201. 2012..To produce study-specific portion sizes for 11-year-old children in a population-based birth cohort and to compare these study-specific portion sizes with previously published children's portion sizes, to assess their relevance today...
- Adiponectin in umbilical cord blood is inversely related to low-density lipoprotein cholesterol but not ethnicityNarinder Bansal
Clinical Epidemiology Group, University of Manchester Medical School, Stopford Building, Oxford Road, Manchester, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:2244-9. 2006..Because ethnic disparities in cardiovascular risk have been attributed to low adiponectin and its associated low high-density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL-C), investigation at birth may help determine the etiology of these risk patterns...
- Nonesterified fatty acids as mediators of glucose intolerance in Indian Asian populationsJeetesh V Patel
University Dept of Medicine, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester M13 9WL, U K
Diabetes Care 28:1505-7. 2005