Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University College London
- PI3K promotes voltage-dependent calcium channel trafficking to the plasma membranePatricia Viard
Department of Pharmacology, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Nat Neurosci 7:939-46. 2004..The mutations S574A and S574E in Ca(v)beta(2a) prevented and mimicked, respectively, the effect of PI3K/Akt-PKB, indicating that phosphorylation of Ser574 on Ca(v)beta(2a) is necessary and sufficient to promote Ca(v) channel trafficking...
- Constitutive PtdIns(3,4,5)P3 synthesis promotes the development and survival of early mammalian embryosGuillaume Halet
Department of Physiology, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Development 135:425-9. 2008..We show that constitutive PtdIns(3,4,5)P(3) synthesis is necessary for optimal development to blastocyst and to prevent large-scale apoptosis at the time of cavitation...
- Mechanism of action of Gq to inhibit G beta gamma modulation of CaV2.2 calcium channels: probed by the use of receptor-G alpha tandemsFederica Bertaso
Department of Pharmacology, University College London, London, United Kingdom
Mol Pharmacol 63:832-43. 2003..The potential sites of phosphorylation are discussed...
- Ubiquitin-specific protease USP2-45 acts as a molecular switch to promote α2δ-1-induced downregulation of Cav1.2 channelsJean Sebastien Rougier
Department of Neurosciences, Physiology, and Pharmacology, University College London, London, WC1E 6BT, UK
Pflugers Arch 467:1919-29. 2015..These results suggest that USP2-45 binding to α2δ-1 promotes the de-ubiquitylation of both Cav1.2 and α2δ-1 subunits, in order to regulate the expression of Cav1.2 channels at the plasma membrane. ..
- The novel product of a five-exon stargazin-related gene abolishes Ca(V)2.2 calcium channel expressionFraser J Moss
Department of Pharmacology, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
EMBO J 21:1514-23. 2002....
- Neuronal precursor cell-expressed developmentally down-regulated 4-1 (NEDD4-1) controls the sorting of newly synthesized Ca(V)1.2 calcium channelsJean Sebastien Rougier
Department of Neurosciences, Physiology, and Pharmacology, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 286:8829-38. 2011..Altogether, our results suggest that Nedd4-1 interferes with the chaperon role of Ca(v)β at the endoplasmic reticulum/Golgi level to prevent the delivery of Ca(v) channels at the plasma membrane...