Brian D M Tom
Affiliation: University of Cambridge
- Antiangiogenic agents are effective inhibitors of endometriosisM Louise Hull
Department of Pathology, Reproductive Molecular Research Group, Cambridge, United Kingdom CB2 1QP
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:2889-99. 2003..These findings suggest that antiangiogenic agents may provide a novel therapeutic approach for the treatment of endometriosis...
- Conservation of unique cell-surface CD antigen mosaics in HIV-1-infected individualsAdrian Woolfson
University of Cambridge School of Clinical Medicine, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Hills Road, Box 111, Cambridge CB2 2SP, United Kingdom
Blood 106:1003-7. 2005..Their invariant nature indicates an irreversible component to retroviral infection and suggests the utility of CD antigen expression patterns in other disease settings...
- Fusing microarray experiments with multivariate regressionWalter R Gilks
MRC Biostatistics Unit, Cambridge, UK
Bioinformatics 21:ii137-43. 2005..Also, the variability in the quality of experimentation should be taken into account...
- A corrected formulation for marginal inference derived from two-part mixed models for longitudinal semi-continuous dataBrian Dm Tom
Medical Research Council Biostatistics Unit, Institute of Public Health, Cambridge, UK
Stat Methods Med Res 25:2014-2020. 2016..We present a corrected formulation and additionally explore the use of the two-part model for inferences on the overall marginal mean, which may be of more practical relevance in our application and more generally...
- Event-biased referral can distort estimation of hepatitis C virus progression rate to cirrhosis, and of prognostic influencesBo Fu
MRC Biostatistics Unit, Robinson Way, Institute of Public Health, University Forvie Site Robinson Way, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, UK
J Clin Epidemiol 60:1140-8. 2007....
- Intermittent observation of time-dependent explanatory variables: a multistate modelling approachBrian D M Tom
MRC Biostatistics Unit, Institute of Public Health, Robinson Way, Cambridge CB2 0SR, UK
Stat Med 30:3520-31. 2011..We examine the bias in estimating effects associated with other variables via simulation for different modelling choices. We present an analysis of a motivating data set on physical functional disability in psoriatic arthritis patients...
- Quality determination and the repair of poor quality spots in array experimentsBrian D M Tom
Medical Research Council, Institute of Public Health, Robinson Way, Cambridge CB2 2SR, UK
BMC Bioinformatics 6:234. 2005..Furthermore, biases may be introduced into analyses through missing information on some genes. Thus methods for appropriately replacing (imputing) missing data and/or weighting poor quality spots are required...
- Bias in 2-part mixed models for longitudinal semicontinuous dataLi Su
Medical Research Council, Biostatistics Unit, Robinson Way, Cambridge CB2 0SR, UK
Biostatistics 10:374-89. 2009..Some practical issues on variance component estimation revealed through this data analysis are considered...
- The versatility of multi-state models for the analysis of longitudinal data with unobservable featuresVernon T Farewell
MRC Biostatistics Unit, Institute of Public Health, Robinson Way, Cambridge, CB2 0SR, UK
Lifetime Data Anal 20:51-75. 2014..In addition, joint modelling of multiple processes is illustrated with application to potentially informative loss to follow-up, mis-measured or missclassified data and causal inference. ..
- Ectopic pregnancy diagnosis and the pseudo-sacAhmed A Ahmed
Medical Research Council, Biostatistics Unit, Institute of Public Health, University Forvite Site, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Fertil Steril 81:1225-8. 2004..To evaluate the impact of an ultrasound finding of a pseudo-sac (PS), a uterine sac without a double decidual ring or a yolk sac, on the management of cases with possible ectopic pregnancy...
- Mixture distributions in multi-state modelling: some considerations in a study of psoriatic arthritisAidan G O'Keeffe
MRC Biostatistics Unit, Cambridge, U K
Stat Med 32:600-19. 2013..Furthermore, we fit a mover-stayer model that allows a dependence of the probability of a patient being a stayer on a patient-level explanatory variable...
- Trivariate mover-stayer counting process models for investigating joint damage in psoriatic arthritisSean Yiu
MRC Biostatistics Unit, Cambridge, CB2 0SR, U K
Stat Med 35:5701-5716. 2016..A particularly attractive feature of the proposed models is that only an optimisation routine is required in their model fitting procedures. © 2016 The Authors. Statistics in Medicine Published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd...
- Validation of the Toronto Psoriatic Arthritis Screen Version 2 (ToPAS 2)Brian D M Tom
From the MRC Biostatistics Unit, UK Institute of Public Health, Cambridge, UK the Psoriatic Arthritis Program, Centre for Prognosis Studies in the Rheumatic Diseases, Toronto Western Hospital Division of Dermatology, Toronto Western Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada B D Tom, PhD, MRC Biostatistics Unit, UK Institute of Public Health V Chandran, MBBS, MD, DM, PhD, Psoriatic Arthritis Program, Centre for Prognosis Studies in the Rheumatic Diseases, Toronto Western Hospital V T Farewell, PhD, MRC Biostatistics Unit, UK Institute of Public Health C F Rosen, MD, FRCPC, Division of Dermatology, Toronto Western Hospital, University of Toronto D D Gladman, MD, FRCPC, Psoriatic Arthritis Program, Centre for Prognosis Studies in the Rheumatic Diseases, Toronto Western Hospital
J Rheumatol 42:841-6. 2015..Subsequently, a second version of ToPAS was developed, ToPAS 2, which incorporated the suggested refinements. We aimed to validate ToPAS 2 as a screening instrument for PsA...
- Variation in thresholds for reporting mobility disability between national population subgroups and studiesDavid Melzer
Department of Public Health and Primary Care, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 2SR, UK
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 59:1295-303. 2004..We also aimed to compare reported and tested performance across two national population studies...
- Is there disparity between risk and incidence of cardiovascular disease after liver transplant?David A J Neal
Department of Medicine, University of Cambridge, School of Clinical Medicine, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Transplantation 77:93-9. 2004....
- Endothelial cells preparing to die by apoptosis initiate a program of transcriptome and glycome regulationNicola A Johnson
Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1QP, UK
FASEB J 18:188-90. 2004..We propose that the transcriptome and glycome regulation presented here synergize with previously described protein-based changes to guide the apoptotic program...
- Performance tests and disability: developing an objective index of mobility-related limitation in older populationsTzuo Yun Lan
Department of Public Health and Primary Care, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 57:M294-301. 2002..This study aimed to identify an index of mobility-related limitations composed of physiological measures that are most closely associated with reported mobility disability in elders...