Affiliation: University of Leeds
- Patient factors influencing conversion from laparoscopically assisted to open surgery for colorectal cancerH Thorpe
Clinical Trials Research Unit, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Leeds, Leeds UK
Br J Surg 95:199-205. 2008..Analysis of the Conventional versus Laparoscopic-Assisted Surgery In Colorectal Cancer (CLASICC) Trial data aimed to identify these risk factors...
- Assessment of quality of life in the supportive care setting of the big lung trial in non-small-cell lung cancerJ Brown
Clinical Trials Research Unit, 17 Springfield Mount, Leeds LS2 9NG, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 23:7417-27. 2005..QoL was assessed using European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC) Quality of Life Questionnaires C30 (QLQ-C30) and LC17, and daily diary cards...
- Closeness to death and quality of life in advanced lung cancer patientsS Brown
Clinical Trials Research Unit, University of Leeds, 17 Springfield Mount, Leeds LS2 9NG, UK
Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) 19:341-8. 2007..The aim of this work was to assess whether this finding holds when adjusting for previous QoL...
- Timing of breast cancer surgery in relation to menstrual cycle phase: no effect on 3-year prognosis: the ITS StudyH Thorpe
Clinical Trials Research Unit, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Leeds, 17 Springfield Mount, Leeds LS2 9NG, UK
Br J Cancer 98:39-44. 2008..This may be due to 97% of patients receiving some form of adjuvant therapy. Survival curves to 10 years indicate results may remain true for longer-term survival...
- Chemotherapy versus supportive care in advanced non-small cell lung cancer: improved survival without detriment to quality of lifeS G Spiro
University College London Hospitals, UK
Thorax 59:828-36. 2004..However, the meta-analysis included many small trials and trials with differing eligibility criteria and chemotherapy regimens...
- Bladder and sexual function following resection for rectal cancer in a randomized clinical trial of laparoscopic versus open techniqueD G Jayne
Academic Unit of Surgery, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, UK
Br J Surg 92:1124-32. 2005..Bladder and sexual dysfunction are recognized complications of mesorectal resection. Their incidence following laparoscopic surgery is unknown...
- Short-term costs of conventional vs laparoscopic assisted surgery in patients with colorectal cancer (MRC CLASICC trial)P J Franks
Centre for Research and Implementation of Clinical Practice, Thames Valley University, 32 38 Uxbridge Road, London, W5 2BS, UK
Br J Cancer 95:6-12. 2006..The short-term cost analysis for the CLASICC trial indicates that the costs of either laparoscopic or open procedure were similar, lap surgery costing marginally more on average than open surgery...