Affiliation: University College London
- Effect of sensory stimulus on striatal dopamine release in humans and cats: a [(11)C]raclopride PET studyStephane Thobois
Service de Neurologie D and INSERM U 534, Hopital Neurologique et Neurochirurgical Pierre Wertheimer, Lyon, France
Neurosci Lett 368:46-51. 2004..Sensory stimulation of the forelimb extremities constitutes a well-established experimental model that has consistently shown to activate dopamine (DA) neurotransmission in the mammals' forebrain...
- Can chronic subthalamic nucleus stimulation induce de novo tremor in Parkinson's disease?Stephane Thobois
Sobell Department of Motor Neurosciences and Movement Disorders, Unit of Functional Neurosurgery, Institute of Neurology, London, United Kingdom
Mov Disord 20:1066-9. 2005..We report on the cases of 3 patients who developed such modification of their parkinsonian symptomatology. Physiopathological hypotheses are discussed...
- PET and SPECT functional imaging studies in Parkinsonian syndromes: from the lesion to its consequencesS Thobois
Sobell Department of Motor Neurosciences and Movement Disorders, Institute of Neurology, London, UK
Neuroimage 23:1-16. 2004..Interestingly, dopaminergic medications or surgical therapy reverse such abnormalities of brain activation...
- Role of dopaminergic treatment in dopamine receptor down-regulation in advanced Parkinson disease: a positron emission tomographic studyStephane Thobois
Neurological Department D, The Pierre Wertheimer Neurological Hospital and INSERM U 534, Lyon, France
Arch Neurol 61:1705-9. 2004....
- Contributions of PET and SPECT to the understanding of the pathophysiology of Parkinson's diseaseS Thobois
CERMEP et service de neurologie D, , 59, boulevard Pinel, Lyon, France
Neurophysiol Clin 31:321-40. 2001....
- Subthalamic nucleus stimulation in Parkinson's disease : anatomical and electrophysiological localization of active contactsF Godinho
Department of Functional Neurosurgery, Hopital Neurologique et Neurochirurgical, Pierre Wertheimer, 9 Bd Pinel, 69003, Lyon, France
J Neurol 253:1347-55. 2006..2 - To analyze the stereotactic spatial distribution of the active contacts in relation to the dorsal and the ventral electrophysiologically-defined borders of the STN and the stereotactic theoretical target...
- Possible Parkinson's disease revealed by a pure head resting tremorJ Gan
Université Lyon I, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Hopital Neurologique Pierre Wertheimer, Service de Neurologie C, Lyon, France
J Neurol Sci 279:121-3. 2009..The tremor was responsive to levodopa and had a 4.7 Hz frequency. A [(123)I]FP-CIT SPECT imaging confirmed a reduction of tracer uptake in the right striatum consistent with PD, that should be confirmed by long-term follow-up...
- History of the 'geste antagoniste' sign in cervical dystoniaA Poisson
Faculté de Médecine et de Maïeutique Lyon Sud Charles Mérieux, Université Lyon I, Lyon, France
J Neurol 259:1580-4. 2012..The geste antagoniste sign has long been considered a solid argument for the psychogenic origins of dystonia until the 1980s when Marsden made strong arguments for its organic nature...
- [Advantages and limitations in the assessment of neuroprotective treatment of Parkinson's disease by functional imaging]S Thobois
Service de Neurologie D, CERMEP et INSERM U534, Hopital Neurologique et Neurochirurgical Pierre Wertheimer, Lyon
Rev Neurol (Paris) 161:385-93. 2005....
- Xeroderma pigmentosum: a rare cause of choreaD Adamec
Service de Neurologie C, Hopital Neurologique et Neurochirurgical Pierre Wertheimer, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Université Lyon I, 59, boulevard Pinel, 69677 Bron, France
Rev Neurol (Paris) 167:837-40. 2011..Neurological manifestations may be encountered in XP but few detailed descriptions have been provided. Here we describe a sister and a brother presenting chorea, dystonia, myoclonus, ataxia and polyneuropathy related to XP...
- [Intra-cavernous aneurysm of the internal carotid artery complicating sphenoid sinusitis]F Philippeau
Service de Neurologie D, Hopital Neurologique et Neurochirurgical Pierre Wertheimer, Lyon
Rev Neurol (Paris) 160:713-5. 2004..Mycotic or post-infectious aneurysm of the intra-cavernous portion of the internal carotid artery is uncommon...
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder after unilateral caudate nucleus bleedingS Thobois
Service de Neurologie D, Hopital Neurologique et Neurochirurgical Pierre Wertheimer, Lyon, France
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 146:1027-31; discussion 1031. 2004..Behavioral, psychological and medical (serotoninergic) treatments are usually proposed but the efficacy of such therapy remains to be investigated in secondary OCD...
- The timing of antiparkinsonian treatment reduction after subthalamic nucleus stimulationS Thobois
Neurological Department D, Neurological Hospital Pierre Wertheimer, Lyon, France
Eur Neurol 49:59-63. 2003..In conclusion, STN stimulation allows a major reduction and simplification of antiparkinsonian treatment which can usually be achieved during the early postoperative period...
- Chorea after cardiopulmonary bypassS Thobois
Department of Neurology D, Hopital Neurologique et Neurochirurgical Pierre Wertheimer, Lyon, France
Eur Neurol 51:46-7. 2004
- Severe dysphagia after botulinum toxin injection for cervical dystonia in multiple system atrophyS Thobois
Department of Neurology, Neurological Hospital Pierre Wertheimer, Lyon, France
Mov Disord 16:764-5. 2001..A few days later and persisting for the next 4 months, she developed a severe dysphagia, requiring nasogastric feeding. This implicates cautious use of BTX in a case of MSA...