Affiliation: University of Sheffield
- Regulating the clathrin-coated vesicle cycle by AP2 subunit phosphorylationElizabeth Smythe
Division of Cell Biology and Immunology, School of Life Sciences, Wellcome Trust Biocentre, University of Dundee, Dundee, UK
Trends Cell Biol 12:352-4. 2002..Recent studies have provided particular insight into the role of phosphorylation of the cargo-binding micro2 subunit of AP2...
- Role of the rab5 Guanine nucleotide exchange factor, rme-6, in the regulation of clathrin-coated vesicle uncoatingElizabeth Smythe
Department of Biomedical Science, Centre for Membrane Interactions and Dynamics, University of Sheffield, Western Bank, Florey Building, Room C09, Sheffield, S10 2TN, UK
Methods Mol Biol 1298:283-93. 2015..This assay has been used to investigate rab5-dependent modulation of uncoating. Specifically, it has been used to identify functional differences between rab5 guanine nucleotide exchange factors. ..
- The Ark1/Prk1 family of protein kinases. Regulators of endocytosis and the actin skeletonElizabeth Smythe
Centre for Developmental Genetics, Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sheffield, Sheffield S10 2TN, UK
EMBO Rep 4:246-51. 2003....
- Clathrin promotes incorporation of cargo into coated pits by activation of the AP2 adaptor micro2 kinaseAntony P Jackson
Department of Biomedical, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 1TN, USA
J Cell Biol 163:231-6. 2003..Our results imply a central role for clathrin in the regulation of cargo selection via the modulation of phospho-mu2 levels...
- Functions of actin in endocytosisAlastair S Robertson
Department of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, University of Sheffield, Firth Court, Western Bank, Sheffield, S10 2TN, UK
Cell Mol Life Sci 66:2049-65. 2009..Our discussion is limited to endocytosis involving clathrin as other types of endocytosis have not been demonstrated in yeast...
- Coordinated regulation of AP2 uncoating from clathrin-coated vesicles by rab5 and hRME-6Sophia Semerdjieva
Department of Biomedical Science, University of Sheffield, Sheffield S10 2TN, England, UK
J Cell Biol 183:499-511. 2008..These data are consistent with a model in which hRME-6 and rab5 regulate AP2 uncoating in vivo by coordinately regulating mu2 dephosphorylation and PtdIns(4,5)P(2) levels in CCVs...
- Actin regulation in endocytosisElizabeth Smythe
Department of Biomedical Science, Firth Court, Western Bank, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK
J Cell Sci 119:4589-98. 2006..Furthermore, live cell imaging indicates that spatiotemporal aspects of actin recruitment and vesicle formation are likely to be conserved across eukaryotic evolution...
- Endocytosis of G protein-coupled receptors is regulated by clathrin light chain phosphorylationFilipe Ferreira
Department of Biomedical Science, Centre for Membrane Interactions and Dynamics, University of Sheffield, Sheffield S10 2TN, UK
Curr Biol 22:1361-70. 2012..Despite the identification of clathrin-coated pits at the cell surface over 30 years ago, the functions of CLCs in endocytosis have been elusive...
- TAG1 regulates the endocytic trafficking and signaling of the semaphorin3A receptor complexPuneet Dang
Centre for Membrane Interactions and Dynamics, Department of Biomedical Science, University of Sheffield, Western Bank, Sheffield S10 2TN, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 32:10370-82. 2012..These observations identify a novel role for TAG1 in modulating the intracellular sorting of signaling receptor complexes...
- Multiple roles for cyclin G-associated kinase in clathrin-mediated sorting eventsClaire X Zhang
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, CA, USA
Traffic 6:1103-13. 2005..Only GAK with a functional J domain could rescue the defect, suggesting that GAK is important for clathrin uncoating. Furthermore, we demonstrated that GAK plays a role in the clathrin-dependent trafficking from the trans Golgi network...
- Endocytosis assays in intact and permeabilized cellsAndrew Osborne
Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Curr Protoc Cell Biol . 2005..Reconstitution assays in permeabilized cells provide a powerful approach to understanding how this complex process is regulated...
- Cell biology: light on pitsElizabeth Smythe
Nature 431:641-2. 2004
- Direct interactions between rab GTPases and cargoElizabeth Smythe
School of Life Sciences, Division of Cell Biology and Immunology, Wellcome Trust Biocentre, University of Dundee, Dundee, United Kingdom
Mol Cell 9:205-6. 2002..New data show that cargo proteins are also rab effectors and can therefore regulate their own trafficking by direct interactions with the transport machinery...