Affiliation: University of Sussex
- Factors affecting patient and clinician satisfaction with the clinical consultation: can communication skills training for clinicians improve satisfaction?Valerie Shilling
Cancer Research UK Psychosocial Oncology Group, Brighton and Sussex Medical School, University of Sussex, UK
Psychooncology 12:599-611. 2003..The subtle benefits of improved communication may be overshadowed by practical problems such as waiting too long to see the doctor, which have an adverse effect on satisfaction...
- The effects of hormone therapy on cognition in breast cancerValerie Shilling
Psychosocial Oncology Group Cancer Research UK, Brighton and Sussex Medical School, University of Sussex, Falmer, East Sussex, BN1 9QG, UK
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 86:405-12. 2003....
- Does hormone therapy for the treatment of breast cancer have a detrimental effect on memory and cognition? A pilot studyValerie Jenkins
Cancer Research UK, Brighton and Sussex Medical School, University of Sussex, Brighton, UK
Psychooncology 13:61-6. 2004..In view of the increased use of hormone therapies in an adjuvant and preventative setting their impact on cognitive functioning should be investigated more thoroughly...
- Patient-reported outcome measures for cancer caregivers: a systematic reviewValerie Shilling
Sussex Health Outcomes Research and Education in Cancer, Brighton and Sussex Medical School, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9QG, UK
Qual Life Res 25:1859-76. 2016..This systematic review identified instruments that measure the impact of caregiving, evaluated their psychometric performance specifically in cancer and appraised the content...
- Patient-reported outcome measures of the impact of cancer on patients' everyday lives: a systematic reviewSusan Catt
Sussex Health Outcomes Research and Education in Cancer SHORE C, Brighton and Sussex Medical School, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RX, UK
J Cancer Surviv . 2016..This systematic review examines the measures used to capture aspects of the quality of survival including impact on patients' everyday lives such as finances, work and family roles...