Affiliation: University Hospital Birmingham
- Post-transplantation diabetes-state of the artAdnan Sharif
Department of Nephrology and Transplantation, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, UK Electronic address
Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol 4:337-49. 2016..In highlighting existing deficiencies, we hope to provide direction for future research that will ultimately reduce incidence and improve management of post-transplant diabetes. ..
- Treatment options for post-transplantation diabetes mellitusAdnan Sharif
Department of Nephrology and Transplantation, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2WB, United Kingdom
Curr Diabetes Rev 11:155-62. 2015..In this article the treatment options available for PTDM will be discussed, with a transplant-specific focus on the pros and cons of each particular component of the glucose lowering therapy armoury. ..
- Campath, calcineurin inhibitor reduction and chronic allograft nephropathy (3C) study: background, rationale, and study protocolRichard Haynes
Clinical Trial Service Unit and Epidemiological Studies Unit, Richard Doll Building, Old Road Campus, Roosevelt Drive, Headington Oxford OX3 7LF, UK
Transplant Res 2:7. 2013..CNI exposure could be minimized by using more potent induction therapy or alternative maintenance therapy to remove CNIs completely. However, the safety and efficacy of such strategies are unknown...
- Unspecified kidney donation--a review of principles, practice and potentialAdnan Sharif
Department of Nephrology and Transplantation, Renal Institute of Birmingham, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, United Kingdom
Transplantation 95:1425-30. 2013..The aim is to highlight the principles, practice, and potential of unspecified kidney donation to bridge the current disparate international practice...
- Metformin for patients with diabetes and concomitant renal restrictions--is there an evidence base?A Sharif
Department of Nephrology and Transplantation, Renal Institute of Birmingham, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Mindelsohn Way, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK
QJM 106:291-4. 2013..That is what evidence-based medicine demands and unfortunately is long overdue...
- Incompatible kidney transplantation: a brief overview of the past, present and futureA Sharif
Renal Institute of Birmingham, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Edgbaston, Mindelsohn Way, Birmingham, B15 2WB, UK
QJM 105:1141-50. 2012..It is therefore timely to review the evolution of practice that have led to current desensitization modalities, contrast protocols and outcomes of current regimens and speculate on future direction of incompatible kidney transplantation...
- Should metformin be our antiglycemic agent of choice post-transplantation?A Sharif
Renal Institute of Birmingham, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, UK
Am J Transplant 11:1376-81. 2011....