Affiliation: University of Cambridge
- Consequence or coincidence? The occurrence, pathogenesis and significance of autoimmune manifestations after viral vaccinesAmi Schattner
Department of Medicine, University of Cambridge, School of Clinical Medicine, Level 5, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2QQ, UK
Vaccine 23:3876-86. 2005..Clin Immunol Immunopathol; 1994). The occurrence and significance of autoimmune manifestations after the administration of viral vaccines remain controversial...
- The future of the treatment of systemic lupus erythematosusA Schattner
Department of Medicine, Kaplan Medical Center, Rehovot, Jerusalem
Clin Exp Rheumatol 23:254-60. 2005..Evidence related to a better management of lupus patients by specialists, the need to address the impact of commonly associated stress and depression and other significant developments are also presented and discussed...
- Characterization of T-cell large granular lymphocyte leukemia associated with Sjogren's syndrome-an important but under-recognized associationJoshua Friedman
Kaplan Medical Center, Rehovot and Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
Semin Arthritis Rheum 35:306-11. 2006..Sjogren's syndrome may not be diagnosed unless specifically looked for. We set to determine the prevalence of Sjogren's syndrome in LGL leukemia and its cytokine profile...
- Information and shared decision-making are top patients' prioritiesAmi Schattner
Department of Medicine, Addenbrooke s Hospital, School of Clinical Medicine, Cambridge University, UK
BMC Health Serv Res 6:21. 2006..The profound changes in medical care and the recent stress on a patient-centered approach mandate evaluation of current patient priorities...
- Aspergillus peritonitis in a lupus patient on chronic peritoneal dialysisAmi Schattner
Department of Medicine, School of Clinical Medicine, Level 5 Addenbrooke s Hospital, Hills Road, CB2 2QQ, Cambridge, UK
Rheumatol Int 26:762-4. 2006..The causative organism, Aspergillus fumigatus is very rare in fungal peritonitis and may be related in this case to the combination of SLE, end-stage renal disease (ESRD) and their treatment...
- Good physicians from the perspective of their patientsAmi Schattner
Department of Medicine, Kaplan Medical Center, Rehovot, Israel
BMC Health Serv Res 4:26. 2004..It is not currently known what is the patient's viewpoint of a "good" physician. We set out to define patient's priorities regarding different physician's attributes in 3 domains important in medical care...
- The hazards of diagnosisA Schattner
Department of Medicine, Kaplan Medical Centre, POB 1, Rehovot, Faculty of Medicine, Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
QJM 103:583-7. 2010..Making a diagnosis is perceived as a climax of clinical effort. Little consideration is being given to potential down sides after the diagnosis is achieved...
- Angst-driven medicine?A Schattner
Department of Medicine, Kaplan Medical Centre, POB 1, Rehovot 76100, Israel
QJM 102:75-8. 2009..Several multifaceted approaches may prove useful in minimizing angst-driven medicine and its potential harm, thus improving the quality of care...
- Primary effusion lymphoma in the absence of HIV infection--clinical presentation and managementA Klepfish
From the Blood Bank and Department of Hematology, Department of Cardio Thoracic Surgery, Edith Wolfson Medical Centre, Holon and Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv and The Faculty of Medicine, Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
QJM 108:481-8. 2015..However, no controlled trials were found due to the rarity of the condition. In the absence of controlled trials, treatment decisions in PEL not associated with HIV must remain individual and patient-tailored. ..
- Cactus thorn arthritis: case report and review of the literatureE B Miller
Department of Internal Medicine, Kaplan Medical Center, Rehovot, Israel
Clin Rheumatol 19:490-1. 2000..Increased physician awareness and recognition of this unusual but not rare entity are essential as a means of improving clinical outcome...
- Advanced Hodgkin's disease in a pregnant HIV seropositive woman: favorable mother and baby outcome following combined anticancer and antiretroviral therapyA Klepfish
Hematology Institute, Kaplan Medical Center, Jerusalem, Rehovot, Israel
Am J Hematol 63:57-8. 2000....
- A community-based cohort of 201 consecutive patients with primary Sjögren's syndrome in Israel: Ashkenazi patients compared with those of Sephardic descentJ A Friedman
Department of Medicine, Kaplan Medical Center, Rehovot, Jerusalem, Israel
Clin Exp Rheumatol 24:274-80. 2006....
- The cardiovascular burden of lupus: a complex challengeAmi Schattner
Hebrew University and Hadassah Medical School Jerusalem, Israel
Arch Intern Med 163:1507-10. 2003
- What do patients really want to know?Ami Schattner
QJM 95:135-6. 2002
- Early readmissions to the department of medicine as a screening tool for monitoring quality of care problemsUri Balla
Department of Medicine, Kaplan Medical Centre, Rehovot, Israel
Medicine (Baltimore) 87:294-300. 2008..Thus, readmission may be used as a screening tool for potential QOC problems in the department of medicine. Routine monitoring of all readmissions may provide a simple cost-effective means of identifying and addressing medical mistakes...
- REAP: an extended agenda for the clinical interviewAmi Schattner
CMAJ 175:773. 2006
- Clinical paradigms revisitedAmi Schattner
Department of Medicine, Kaplan Medical Centre, Rehovot, Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
Med J Aust 185:273-5. 2006..Possible reasons for the current neglect of these Altneuparadigms ("old-new" paradigms) are considered, and techniques for restoring their primacy in medicine are discussed...
- Truth telling and patient autonomy: the patient's point of viewAmi Schattner
Department of Medicine, Kaplan Medical Center, Hadassah Medical Center, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Am J Med 113:66-9. 2002
- Absence of Kaposi sarcoma among Ethiopian immigrants to Israel despite high seroprevalence of human herpesvirus 8Zehava Grossman
Central Virology Laboratory, PHL, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Mayo Clin Proc 77:905-9. 2002..To determine the prevalence of Kaposi sarcoma (KS) and human herpesvirus 8 (HHV-8) seropositivity in Ethiopian Jewish immigrants to Israel...
- Malignant ascites and bacterial peritonitisAmi Schattner
Med J Aust 184:92-3. 2006
- Primary care physicians' awareness and implementation of screening guidelines for colorectal cancerAmi Schattner
Department of Medicine, Kaplan Medical Center, Rehovot and the Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
Prev Med 35:447-52. 2002..The objective was to determine primary care physicians' (PCPs) familiarity and implementation of screening guidelines for colorectal cancer (CRC) in central Israel...
- Enteroviruses and sudden deafnessAmi Schattner
Hebrew University and Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
CMAJ 168:1421-3. 2003..The varied causes of sudden sensorineural hearing loss, which should include enterovirus, are reviewed here...
- Asking the right questionAmi Schattner
Department of Medicine, Kaplan Medical Centre, 76100, Rehovot, Israel
Lancet 361:1786. 2003
- Age-adjusted survival gained by treatment: an alternative way of presenting survivalAbraham Klepfish
Am J Med 118:567-8. 2005
- Polycystic ovary syndrome in post-menopausal women--marker of the metabolic syndromeElena Margolin
Department of Medicine, Kaplan Medical Center, Rehovot, Israel
Maturitas 50:331-6. 2005..To determine among post-menopausal women, the prevalence of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and to evaluate the endocrine and metabolic profile of these women in comparisons to women without PCOS...
- Pearls and pitfalls in patient care: need to revive traditional clinical valuesAmi Schattner
Hebrew University and Hadassah Medical School, Kaplan Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Am J Med Sci 327:79-85. 2004....