Affiliation: University of Southampton
- Engineering DNA vaccines that include plant virus coat proteinsNatalia Savelyeva
Molecular Immunology Group, Cancer Sciences Division, Southampton University Hospitals Trust, Tremona Road, Southampton, SO16 6YD, UK
Biotechnol Genet Eng Rev 20:101-14. 2003
- Inhibition of a vaccine-induced anti-tumor B cell response by soluble protein antigen in the absence of continuing T cell helpNatalia Savelyeva
Molecular Immunology Group, Cancer Sciences Division, Southampton University Hospitals Trust, Southampton, Hampshire SO16 6YD, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:10987-92. 2005..The principles revealed by using a DNA vaccine have implications for all cancer vaccines designed to induce and maintain antibody responses against weak autologous tumor antigens...
- High-affinity memory B cells induced by conjugate vaccines against weak tumor antigens are vulnerable to nonconjugated antigenNatalia Savelyeva
Genetic Vaccine Group, Cancer Sciences Division, School of Medicine, University of Southampton, Southampton, United Kingdom
Blood 118:650-9. 2011..The latter remain, but the majority fail to undergo isotype switch. These findings could apply to other tumor antigens and are relevant for vaccination strategies aimed to induce long-term antibody...
- DNA vaccines to attack cancerFreda K Stevenson
Molecular Immunology Group, Tenovus Laboratory, Cancer Sciences Division, Southampton University Hospitals Trust, Southampton SO16 6YD, UK
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:14646-52. 2004..Physical methods including electroporation provide increased expression without introducing additional competing antigens. A wide range of cancers can be targeted, and objective assays of response will determine efficacy...
- Bystander stimulation of activated CD4+ T cells of unrelated specificity following a booster vaccination with tetanus toxoidGianfranco Di Genova
Cancer Sciences Division, University of Southampton School of Medicine, Southampton, UK
Eur J Immunol 40:976-85. 2010..This crosstalk between a stimulated CD4(+) memory T-cell response and CD4(+) T cells activated by an unrelated antigen could be important in human subjects continually buffeted by environmental antigens...
- A plant-expressed conjugate vaccine breaks CD4(+) tolerance and induces potent immunity against metastatic Her2(+) breast cancerWarayut Chotprakaikiat
Cancer Sciences Unit, Faculty of Medicine, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
Oncoimmunology 5:e1166323. 2016..Hence, our novel Her2-targeting conjugate vaccine combines preclinical efficacy with clinical deliverability, thus setting the scene for therapeutic testing. ..
- Linked CD4 T Cell Help: Broadening Immune Attack Against Cancer by VaccinationNatalia Savelyeva
Cancer Sciences Unit, Faculty of Medicine, University of Southampton, Tremona Road, Southampton, SO16 6YD, UK
Curr Top Microbiol Immunol . 2016..Delivery via DNA vaccines has already indicated clinical efficacy. The same principle of linked T cell help has now been transferred to other novel vaccine modalities to further potentiate immunity against cancer targets...
- Plant virus particles carrying tumour antigen activate TLR7 and Induce high levels of protective antibodyJantipa Jobsri
Cancer Sciences Unit, Faculty of Medicine, University of Southampton, Southampton, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 10:e0118096. 2015..PVP conjugates are a novel cancer vaccine design, offering an attractive molecular form, similar to VLP, and providing T-cell help. In contrast to VLP, they also incorporate a safe "in-built" ssRNA adjuvant. ..
- DNA fusion vaccine designs to induce tumor-lytic CD8+ T-cell attack via the immunodominant cysteine-containing epitope of NY-ESO 1Juan Campos-Perez
Genetic Vaccine Group, Cancer Sciences Unit, Faculty of Medicine, University of Southampton, Southampton, United Kingdom
Int J Cancer 133:1400-7. 2013..These findings encourage clinical exploration of this vaccine strategy to target NY-ESO-1...
- Gene expression analysis of TIL rich HPV-driven head and neck tumors reveals a distinct B-cell signature when compared to HPV independent tumorsOliver Wood
Faculty of Medicine, University of Southampton and University Hospital Southampton, Southampton, UK
Oncotarget . 2016..A B-cell associated signal segregated tumors relative to HPV status. Our data suggests that the role of B-cells in the adaptive immune response to HPV(+) HNSCC requires re-assessment...
- The outcome of B-cell receptor signaling in chronic lymphocytic leukemia: proliferation or anergyGraham Packham
Cancer Research UK Centre, Faculty of Medicine, University of Southampton, UK
Haematologica 99:1138-48. 2014....