Affiliation: University of Cambridge
- Formal characterization and extension of the linearized diffusion tensor modelRaymond Salvador
Wolfson Brain Imaging Centre, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Hum Brain Mapp 24:144-55. 2005..The combination of diffusivity and its error may provide added value in diagnostic DTI of acute pathologic expansion of the extracellular fluid compartment in brain parenchymal tissue...
- A simple view of the brain through a frequency-specific functional connectivity measureR Salvador
Fundació Sant Joan de Déu, SJD SSM, Dr Antoni Pujadas, 42 Sant Boi de Llobregat 08830, Barcelona, Spain
Neuroimage 39:279-89. 2008..Finally, potentially confounding effects of head movement and regional volume on MI are identified and addressed...
- Direct comparison of cerebrovascular effects of norepinephrine and dopamine in head-injured patientsLuzius A Steiner
Academic Neurosurgery, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Crit Care Med 32:1049-54. 2004..To directly compare the cerebrovascular effects of norepinephrine and dopamine in patients with acute traumatic brain injury...
- Bipolar depressed patients show both failure to activate and failure to de-activate during performance of a working memory taskPaloma Fernández-Corcuera
FIDMAG, Germanes Hospitalàries, Barcelona, Spain
J Affect Disord 148:170-8. 2013..Bipolar depression has been found to be associated with changes in prefrontal cortex activity during performance of cognitive tasks. However, the role of task-related de-activations has been little investigated...
- Non redundant functional brain connectivity in schizophreniaRaymond Salvador
FIDMAG Germanes Hospitalàries Research Foundation, Av Jordà 8 08035, Barcelona, Spain
Brain Imaging Behav . 2016..The non redundant connectivity maps proposed here are a new tool that will complement the information provided by other already available voxel based whole brain connectivity measures...
- Structural brain changes associated with tardive dyskinesia in schizophreniaSalvador Sarró
FIDMAG Germanes Hospitalàries, C Dr Antoni Pujadas 38, 08830 Sant Boi de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Br J Psychiatry 203:51-7. 2013..The pathological basis of tardive dyskinesia is unknown. Although its clinical features implicate the basal ganglia, imaging studies have not found clear evidence that it is associated with volume changes in these or other brain structures...
- Effect of the interleukin-1β gene on dorsolateral prefrontal cortex function in schizophrenia: a genetic neuroimaging studyMar Fatjó-Vilas
Unitat d Antropologia, Departament de Biologia Animal, Facultat de Biologia, Universitat de Barcelona, Institut de Biomedicina de la Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Biol Psychiatry 72:758-65. 2012..Investigation of the effects of genetic variability in this gene on brain function could provide more information about its role in the disorder...
- Permutation testing of orthogonal factorial effects in a language-processing experiment using fMRIJohn Suckling
Brain Mapping Unit, Department of Psychiatry, University of Cambridge, UK
Hum Brain Mapp 27:425-33. 2006..The small size of the BOLD effect necessitates sensitive methods of detection of brain activation. Permutation methods permit the necessary flexibility to develop novel test statistics to meet this challenge...
- Structural and Functional Brain Correlates of Cognitive Impairment in Euthymic Patients with Bipolar DisorderSilvia Alonso-Lana
FIDMAG Germanes Hospitalàries Research Foundation, Barcelona, Spain
PLoS ONE 11:e0158867. 2016..Cognitive impairment in the euthymic phase is a well-established finding in bipolar disorder. However, its brain structural and/or functional correlates are uncertain...
- Midline Brain Abnormalities Across Psychotic and Mood DisordersRamón Landín-Romero
FIDMAG Germanes Hospitalàries Research Foundation, Barcelona, Spain CIBERSAM, Madrid, Spain
Schizophr Bull 42:229-38. 2016..This study supports a general increased prevalence of midline brain abnormalities across mood and psychotic disorders. This nonspecificity may suggest that these disorders share a common neurodevelopmental etiology...
- Structural and functional brain changes in delusional disorderVíctor Viçens
Victor Vicens, MD, FIDMAG Germanes Hospitalàries, CIBERSAM, Sant Boi de Llobregat, Spain, Benito Menni CASM, Barcelona, Spain and Psychiatry and Mental Health Program, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain Joaquim Radua, MD, BStat, PhD, FIDMAG Germanes Hospitalàries, CIBERSAM, Sant Boi de Llobregat, Spain and Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, UK Raymond Salvador, BStat, PhD, Maria Anguera Camós, Bsc, Erick J Canales Rodríguez, Bsc, Salvador Sarró, MD, FIDMAG Germanes Hospitalàries, CIBERSAM, Sant Boi de Llobregat, Spain Teresa Maristany, MD, Hospital Sant Joan de Déu Infantil, Barcelona, Spain Peter J McKenna
Br J Psychiatry 208:153-9. 2016..Delusional disorder has been the subject of very little investigation using brain imaging...
- Failure of de-activation in the medial frontal cortex in mania: evidence for default mode network dysfunction in the disorderEdith Pomarol-Clotet
FIDMAG, Germanes Hospitalàries, Barcelona, Spain
World J Biol Psychiatry 13:616-26. 2012..This study aimed to examine, at the whole-brain level, abnormal patterns of task-related activation and de-activation during performance of a working memory task...
- Undirected graphs of frequency-dependent functional connectivity in whole brain networksRaymond Salvador
Brain Mapping Unit and Wolfson Brain Imaging Centre, Department of Psychiatry, Addenbrooke s Hospital, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 2QQ, UK
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 360:937-46. 2005....
- Early metabolic characteristics of lesion and nonlesion tissue after head injuryJonathan P Coles
Division of Anaesthesia, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 29:965-75. 2009..Such pathophysiological derangements may result in selective neuronal loss and impact on functional outcome...
- Neural correlates of cognitive impairment in schizophreniaJordi Ortiz-Gil
Benito Menni Complex Assistencial en Salut Mental Germanes Hospitalàries del Sagrat Cor de Jesús, C Doctor Antoni Pujades 38 C, 08830 Sant Boi de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Br J Psychiatry 199:202-10. 2011..Aims To identify structural and/or functional brain abnormalities associated with schizophrenic cognitive impairment...
- Brain functional changes across the different phases of bipolar disorderEdith Pomarol-Clotet
Edith Pomarol Clotet, MD, PhD, Silvia Alonso Lana, Bsc, FIDMAG, Germanes Hospitalàries, Barcelona and Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Salud Mental CIBERSAM, Spain Noemi Moro, MD, FIDMAG, Germanes Hospitalàries and Benito Menni Complex Assistencial en Salut Mental, Barcelona, Spain Salvador Sarró, MD, FIDMAG, Germanes Hospitalàries, Barcelona and Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Salud Mental CIBERSAM, Spain Mar C Bonnin, Bsc, José M Goikolea, MD, Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Salud Mental CIBERSAM and Bipolar Disorder Program, Institute of Neuroscience, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, IDIBAPS, Barcelona, Spain Paloma Fernandez Corcuera, MD, Germanes Hospitalàries and Benito Menni Complex Assistencial en Salut Mental, Barcelona, Spain Benedikt L Amann, MD, PhD, Anna Romaguera, MD, FIDMAG, University of Western Ontario
Br J Psychiatry 206:136-44. 2015..Little is known about how functional imaging changes in bipolar disorder relate to different phases of the illness...
- Overall brain connectivity maps show cortico-subcortical abnormalities in schizophreniaRaymond Salvador
Benito Menni C A S M CIBERSAM, Sant Boi de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Hum Brain Mapp 31:2003-14. 2010..However, hyper-connectivity observed with other regions (right hippocampus and amygdala, and other cortical structures) suggests a more pervasive alteration of brain connectivity in this disease...
- A resilient, low-frequency, small-world human brain functional network with highly connected association cortical hubsSophie Achard
Wolfson Brain Imaging Centre, University of Cambridge, Department of Psychiatry, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge CB2 2QQ, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 26:63-72. 2006..Because the major hubs of this network are critical for cognition, its slow dynamics could provide a physiological substrate for segregated and distributed information processing...
- Common and specific brain responses to scenic emotional stimuliJoaquim Radua
FIDMAG Research Unit, Benito Menni CASM, Carrer d Antoni Pujadas 38, Sant Boi de Llobregat, 08830, Barcelona, Spain
Brain Struct Funct 219:1463-72. 2014....
- Neurophysiological architecture of functional magnetic resonance images of human brainRaymond Salvador
Brain Mapping Unit and Wolfson Brain Imaging Centre, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge CB2 2QQ, UK
Cereb Cortex 15:1332-42. 2005....
- Statistical analysis of brain tissue images in the wavelet domain: wavelet-based morphometryErick Jorge Canales-Rodríguez
FIDMAG Germanes Hospitalàries, C Dr Antoni Pujadas, 38, 08830, Sant Boi de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Neuroimage 72:214-26. 2013..Results support the proposed approach as a different and promising methodology to assess the structural morphometric differences between different populations of subjects...
- Age and cholinergic effects on hemodynamics and functional coherence of human hippocampusAlle Meije Wink
Brain Mapping Unit and Wolfson Brain Imaging Centre, University of Cambridge, Department of Psychiatry, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge CB2 2QQ, UK
Neurobiol Aging 27:1395-404. 2006....
- Functional disconnectivity of the medial temporal lobe in Asperger's syndromeDavid E Welchew
Brain Mapping Unit, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Biol Psychiatry 57:991-8. 2005..Autistic spectrum disorders (ASD) are neurodevelopmental conditions that may be caused by abnormal connectivity between brain regions constituting neurocognitive networks for specific aspects of social cognition...
- Spherical Deconvolution of Multichannel Diffusion MRI Data with Non-Gaussian Noise Models and Spatial RegularizationErick J Canales-Rodríguez
FIDMAG Germanes Hospitalàries, C Dr Antoni Pujadas, 38, 08830, Sant Boi de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Salud Mental, CIBERSAM, C Dr Esquerdo, 46, 28007, Madrid, Spain
PLoS ONE 10:e0138910. 2015..The inclusion of TV regularization dramatically improved the resolution power of both techniques. The above findings were also verified in human brain data. ..
- The effect of drug concentration expression on epinephrine dosing errors: a randomized trialDaniel W Wheeler
Division of Anaesthesia, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Ann Intern Med 148:11-4. 2008..The expression of drug concentration as a ratio may cause dosing errors...
- Relationship between flow-metabolism uncoupling and evolving axonal injury after experimental traumatic brain injurySzu Fu Chen
Academic Neurosurgery, Center for Brain Repair, University of Cambridge, Robinson Way, UK
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 24:1025-36. 2004..Our study indicates a possible dependence of axonal outcome on flow-metabolism in the acute injury stage...
- Examining hippocampal function in schizophrenia using a virtual reality spatial navigation taskPilar Salgado-Pineda
FIDMAG Germanes Hospitalàries Research Foundation, Barcelona, Spain Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Salud Mental CIBERSAM, Barcelona, Spain Electronic address
Schizophr Res 172:86-93. 2016..We used spatial navigation in a virtual reality environment, a task that is known to produce robust hippocampal activation in healthy subjects, to examine task-related activations and de-activations in the disorder...
- Functional Imaging Changes in the Medial Prefrontal Cortex in Adult ADHDJose Salavert
FIDMAG Germanes Hospitalàries Research Foundation, Barcelona, Spain Hospital Sant Rafael, Germanes Hospitalàries, Barcelona, Spain Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Spain
J Atten Disord . 2015..We aimed to investigate the potential neural bases of executive function in ADHD adults, examining brain activity during N-back task performance, and to explore the potential corrective effects of long-term methylphenidate treatment...
- Conditional mutual information maps as descriptors of net connectivity levels in the brainRaymond Salvador
Unitat de Recerca, Benito Menni C A S M CIBERSAM Sant Boi de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Front Neuroinform 4:115. 2010..Both the normative aging and schizophrenia studies reveal functional connectivity trends that converge with reported findings from other studies, thus giving further support to the validity of the proposed method...
- Responses of posttraumatic pericontusional cerebral blood flow and blood volume to an increase in cerebral perfusion pressureLuzius A Steiner
Wolfson Brain Imaging Centre, University Department of Anesthesia, Academic Neurosurgery, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 23:1371-7. 2003..Pericontusional oedema on computed tomography was associated with lower absolute values of CBF and CBV but did not differ from nonoedematous tissue in the relative response to CPP elevation...
- Wavelets and statistical analysis of functional magnetic resonance images of the human brainEd Bullmore
Brain Mapping Unit and Wolfson Brain Imaging Centre, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Stat Methods Med Res 12:375-99. 2003....