Affiliation: University College London
- Influence of electrode misplacement on the electrocardiographic signs of inferior myocardial ischemiaAlain Rudiger
Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital of Zurich, Raemistrasse 100, CH 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Am J Emerg Med 21:574-7. 2003..ECG artifacts must also be suspected when abnormal QRS- or P-axis occur or when QRS morphology does not match with the clinical presentation of the patient...
- [The clinical examination of the critically ill patient in the intensive care unit]A Rudiger
Bloomsbury Institute of Intensive Care Medicine and Wolfson Institute of Biomedical Research, University College London
Ther Umsch 63:479-84. 2006..Precise documentation of the findings is vital to allow comparison of the patient's progress on a daily basis and to provide continuity of care...
- Electrocardiographic artifacts due to electrode misplacement and their frequency in different clinical settingsAlain Rudiger
Wolfson Institute of Biomedical Research, University College London, WC1E 6BT London, UK
Am J Emerg Med 25:174-8. 2007..4% (3/739) at the outpatient clinic and 4.0% (4/99) at the intensive care unit (P = .005). In conclusion, errors in ECG performance do occur with an increasing frequency in an acute medical care setting...
- In critically ill patients, B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP) and N-terminal pro-BNP levels correlate with C-reactive protein values and leukocyte countsAlain Rudiger
Wolfson Institute of Biomedical Research, University College London, The Cruciform Building, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Int J Cardiol 126:28-31. 2008..The aim of this study was to assess the relationship between natriuretic peptic levels, laboratory parameters of systemic inflammation, and pulmonary artery occlusion pressure (PAOP) in critically patients...
- Comparable increase of B-type natriuretic peptide and amino-terminal pro-B-type natriuretic peptide levels in patients with severe sepsis, septic shock, and acute heart failureAlain Rudiger
Bloomsbury Institute of Intensive Care Medicine, Wolfson Institute of Biomedical Research, University College London, London, UK
Crit Care Med 34:2140-4. 2006..We compared patients with severe sepsis or septic shock and patients with acute HF to unravel the influence of the underlying diagnosis on BNP and N-terminal pro-BNP levels...
- The relative lymphocyte count on hospital admission is a risk factor for long-term mortality in patients with acute heart failureAlain Rudiger
Bloomsbury Institute of Intensive Care Medicine, Wolfson Institute of Biomedical Research, University College London, WC1E 6BT London, UK, and Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland
Am J Emerg Med 24:451-4. 2006
- Acute heart failure: clinical presentation, one-year mortality and prognostic factorsAlain Rudiger
Department of Medicine, University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland
Eur J Heart Fail 7:662-70. 2005..Acute heart failure (HF) is a common but ill-defined clinical entity. We describe patients hospitalised with acute HF in regard of clinical presentation, mortality, and risk factors for an unfavourable outcome...