Keith J Roberts
Affiliation: University of Birmingham
- Influence of air ambulance doctors on on-scene times, clinical interventions, decision-making and independent paramedic practiceK Roberts
County Air Ambulance, Warwickshire and Northamptonshire Air Ambulance, Coventry, UK
Emerg Med J 26:128-34. 2009..Two helicopter emergency medical service (HEMS) models operate in the West Midlands, one with doctors and the other without. A study was undertaken to compare on-scene time, management and decision-making between the two units...
- Pre-operative prediction of pancreatic fistula: is it possible?Keith J Roberts
The Department of Pancreatic Surgery, St James University Hospital, Beckett St, Leeds LS9 7TF, UK
Pancreatology 13:423-8. 2013..Various intra and post operative factors including pancreatic duct width and steatosis are associated with PF. We sought to identify whether information available in the pre-operative phase can predict PF...
- Double-blind randomized sham controlled trial of intraperitoneal bupivacaine during emergency laparoscopic cholecystectomyKeith J Roberts
Department of Hepatopancreatobiliary Surgery, University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire, United Kingdom
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 12:310-6. 2013..This study was undertaken to assess the efficacy of IPLA in patients undergoing em-LC...
- Endoscopic ultrasound assessment of lesions of the ampulla of Vater is of particular value in low-grade dysplasiaKeith J Roberts
The Liver Unit, University Hospitals Birmingham, UK
HPB (Oxford) 15:18-23. 2013..The role of endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) in diagnosing these lesions and the degree of dysplasia is unclear...
- Biliary and portal vein strictures following treatment of Hodgkin's lymphomaK J Roberts
Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 94:e225-6. 2012..The safe and effective treatment of this case highlights the benefit of a multidisciplinary approach to complex medical and surgical problems...
- Pinworm infection masquerading as colorectal liver metastasisK J Roberts
University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 94:e195-7. 2012..It is standard practice to diagnose colorectal liver metastases solely on radiological evidence. Without obtaining tissue prior to liver resection, misdiagnosis of solitary necrotic nodules of the liver will continue to occur...
- Pancreaticopleural fistula: etiology, treatment and long-term follow-upKeith J Roberts
Department of Pancreatic Surgery, St James University Hospital, Leeds, UK
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 11:215-9. 2012..Pancreaticopleural fistula (PPF) are uncommon. Complex multidisciplinary treatment is required due to nutritional compromise and sepsis. This is the first description of long-term follow-up of patients with PPF...
- Efficacy of intraperitoneal local anaesthetic techniques during laparoscopic cholecystectomyK J Roberts
Department of Hepatopancreatobiliary Surgery, University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire, c o Mr Lam s secretary, Walsgrave Hospital, Clifford Bridge Road, Coventry CV2 2DX, UK
Surg Endosc 25:3698-705. 2011..This study assesses the efficacy of LA injected to the peritoneum of the right hemidiaphragm or topical wash with a control group...
- Uncontrolled organ donation following prehospital cardiac arrest: a potential solution to the shortage of organ donors in the United Kingdom?Keith J Roberts
Department of Liver Transplantation, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK
Transpl Int 24:477-81. 2011..A regional AA could contribute to a national uncontrolled DCD programme. Given that there are 31 AA's in England and Wales, we estimate that there could be a minimum of 300 additional potential donors annually...
- Long-term survival and cost analysis of an annual Barrett's surveillance programmeKeith J Roberts
University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust, UK
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 22:399-403. 2010..There are variations in surveillance practice, clinical outcomes and economic analyses. The study examined long-term survival and financial impact in patients undergoing annual surveillance of BM...
- A model to predict survival following pancreaticoduodenectomy for malignancy based on tumour site, stage and lymph node ratioBobby V M Dasari
Department of HPB Surgery, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, B15 2WB, UK
HPB (Oxford) 18:332-8. 2016..This study hypothesised that a prognostic index to predict survival could be developed through statistical modelling based on these pathological variables...
- Extended Versus Standard Lymphadenectomy for Pancreatic Head Cancer: Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled TrialsBobby V M Dasari
Department of HPB and Liver Transplantation Surgery, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, B15 2WB, UK
J Gastrointest Surg 19:1725-32. 2015....
- How severe is diabetes after total pancreatectomy? A case-matched analysisKeith J Roberts
Department of Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery, University Hospitals Birmingham National Health Service NHS Trust, Birmingham, UK
HPB (Oxford) 16:814-21. 2014..The severity of postoperative diabetes and existence of 'brittle diabetes' are unclear. This study sought to identify quality of life (QoL) and diabetes-specific outcomes after TP...
- Scoring System to Predict Pancreatic Fistula After Pancreaticoduodenectomy: A UK Multicenter StudyKeith J Roberts
University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust, Birmingham, United Kingdom Cambridge University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Cambridge, United Kingdom Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, United Kingdom Kings College Hospital, London, United Kingdom Morriston Hospital Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom St James University Hospital Leeds, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom Royal Free Hospital London, London, United Kingdom and Southampton University Hospital, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Ann Surg 261:1191-7. 2015..To validate a preoperative predictive score of postoperative pancreatic fistula (POPF). Other risk factors for POPF were sought in an attempt to improve the score...
- Safety and feasibility of an enhanced recovery pathway after a liver resection: prospective cohort studyBobby V M Dasari
The Liver Unit, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, UK
HPB (Oxford) 17:700-6. 2015..The aim of this study was to assess the feasibility and outcomes after implementation of an ERP after liver a resection...
- Changing indications for a total pancreatectomy: perspectives over a quarter of a centuryMax Almond
Department of Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery, University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust, Birmingham, UK
HPB (Oxford) 17:416-21. 2015..The effects of these upon the incidence, indications for and outcomes of TP are unclear. Patients undergoing TP at a single institution over a quarter of a century were reviewed to try to address these issues...
- A preoperative predictive score of pancreatic fistula following pancreatoduodenectomyKeith J Roberts
Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery Unit, University Hospitals Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
HPB (Oxford) 16:620-8. 2014..The preoperative prediction of POPF permits an individualized approach to patient consent and selection, and may influence postoperative management. This study sought to develop and test a score to predict POPF...
- Lymphoepithelial cysts of the pancreas:a management dilemmaJulie Martin
Departments of Pancreatic Surgery, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, UK
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 13:539-44. 2014..LECs appear more common in elderly males, and are typically incidental, large, unilocular cysts. Close attention to signal intensity on MRI may allow pre-operative diagnosis of these lesions. ..
- Elevated pre-operative neutrophil to lymphocyte ratio predicts disease free survival following pancreatic resection for periampullary carcinomasMazin O Hamed
The Pancreatic Unit, St James s University Hospital, Beckett Street, Leeds LS9 7TF, UK
Pancreatology 13:534-8. 2013....
- Contemporary management and classification of hepatic leiomyosarcomaMazin O Hamed
Liver Unit, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, UK
HPB (Oxford) 17:362-7. 2015..This study presents data on the outcomes of liver resection for leiomyosarcoma and suggests an algorithm for its pathological assessment and treatment...
- Kinetics of liver function tests after a hepatectomy for colorectal liver metastases predict post-operative liver failure as defined by the International Study Group for Liver SurgeryKeith J Roberts
Department of Liver Surgery, St James University Hospital, Leeds, UK
HPB (Oxford) 15:345-51. 2013..The purpose of the present study was to examine the kinetics of conventional liver function tests (LFT) after a major liver resection and is the first to examine their utility in predicting PHLF in groups defined by the ISGLS...
- Calculating the risk of a pancreatic fistula after a pancreaticoduodenectomy: a systematic reviewAbigail E Vallance
Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, Leeds, UK
HPB (Oxford) 17:1040-8. 2015..This systematic review aimed to identify all scoring systems to predict POPF after a PD, consider their clinical applicability and assess the study quality...