Affiliation: University of Surrey
- Effects of fexofenadine and hydroxyzine on brake reaction time during car-driving with cellular phone useManabu Tashiro
Department of Pharmacology, Graduate School of Medicine, Tohoku University, Japan
Hum Psychopharmacol 20:501-9. 2005..Fexofenadine did not impair CNS function in subjects involved in a divided attention task of driving and cellular phone operation...
- The effects of carbon dioxide in champagne on psychometric performance and blood-alcohol concentrationFran Ridout
HPRU Medical Research Centre, Guildford and Department of Gastroenterology, Epsom General Hospital, Epsom, UK
Alcohol Alcohol 38:381-5. 2003..To assess the effects of carbon dioxide (CO(2)) in champagne on psychomotor performance and blood-alcohol concentration (BAC)...
- Effects of tianeptine and mianserin on car driving skillsF Ridout
HPRU Medical Research Centre, University of Surrey, Egerton Road, Guildford GU2 5XP, UK
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 154:356-61. 2001..Previous studies suggest that tianeptine has a non-sedative side-effect profile, but its effects on everyday activities including car driving have not been fully explored...
- The effects of acute doses of fexofenadine, promethazine, and placebo on cognitive and psychomotor function in healthy Japanese volunteersFran Ridout
HPRU Medical Research Centre, University of Surrey, Egerton Road, Guildford, Surrey, United Kingdom
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 90:404-10. 2003..Genetic variations in cross-cultural metabolic capability may attenuate the lack of central nervous system effects of fexofenadine...
- A placebo controlled investigation into the effects of paroxetine and mirtazapine on measures related to car driving performanceF Ridout
HPRU Medical Research Centre, University of Surrey, Egerton Road, Guildford GU2 7XP, UK
Hum Psychopharmacol 18:261-9. 2003..To assess the effects of paroxetine and mirtazapine on psychometric performance related to car driving, including an on-the-road test of BRT...
- A single-center, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover investigation of the effects of fexofenadine hydrochloride 180 mg alone and with alcohol, with hydroxyzine hydrochloride 50 mg as a positive internal control, on aspects of cognitiveFran Ridout
Human Psychopharmacology Research Unit, Medical Research Centre, University of Surrey, Guildford, United Kingdom
Clin Ther 25:1518-38. 2003..Hydroxyzine hydrochloride 50 mg was included in the study as a positive internal control to validate the sensitivity of the psychometri tests to nonspecific impairment...
- Suppression of the histamine-induced wheal and flare response by fexofenadine HCl 60 mg twice daily, loratadine 10 mg once daily and placebo in healthy Japanese volunteersJulia Boyle
HPRU Medical Research Centre, University of Surrey, Egerton Road, Guildford, GU2 7XP, UK
Curr Med Res Opin 21:1495-503. 2005....
- A double-blind, placebo- and positive-internal-controlled (alprazolam) investigation of the cognitive and psychomotor profile of pregabalin in healthy volunteersIan Hindmarch
HPRU Medical Research Centre, School of Biomedical and Molecular Sciences, University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7XP, UK
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 183:133-43. 2005..Pregabalin has demonstrated robust efficacy for several disease states, but its neuropharmacology is still being elucidated...