Victoria L Revell
Affiliation: University of Surrey
- How to trick mother nature into letting you fly around or stay up all nightVictoria L Revell
Biological Rhythms Research Laboratory, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Biol Rhythms 20:353-65. 2005..They demonstrate how jet lag could be prevented entirely if rhythms are shifted before the flight using their preflight plan and discuss the combination of interventions that they now recommend for night shift workers...
- Predicting human nocturnal nonvisual responses to monochromatic and polychromatic light with a melanopsin photosensitivity functionVictoria L Revell
Centre for Chronobiology, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey, United Kingdom
Chronobiol Int 27:1762-77. 2010....
- Light-induced melatonin suppression in humans with polychromatic and monochromatic lightVictoria L Revell
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, Human Chronobiology Group, University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey, UK
Chronobiol Int 24:1125-37. 2007..The results of this study may be relevant to designing the spectral composition of polychromatic lights for use in the home and workplace, as well as in the treatment of circadian rhythm disorders...
- Age-related changes in acute and phase-advancing responses to monochromatic lightTracey L Sletten
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Surrey, Surrey, UK
J Biol Rhythms 24:73-84. 2009..However, under the study paradigm, the phase-advancing response to light does not appear to be significantly impaired with age...
- Human nonvisual responses to simultaneous presentation of blue and red monochromatic lightChristiana Papamichael
Chronobiology, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey, UK
J Biol Rhythms 27:70-8. 2012..Under the current experimental conditions, the primary determinant of the melatonin suppression response was the irradiance of blue 479 nm light, and this was unaffected by simultaneous red light administration...
- Sex differences in the circadian profiles of melatonin and cortisol in plasma and urine matrices under constant routine conditionsPippa J Gunn
a Chronobiology, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Surrey, Guildford, United Kingdom
Chronobiol Int 33:39-50. 2016....
- Blue-light phase shifts PER3 gene expression in human leukocytesKatrin Ackermann
Centre for Chronobiology, University of Surrey, Guildford, UK
Chronobiol Int 26:769-79. 2009..The amplitude of the PER3 rhythm at baseline was significantly reduced with age. However, age did not affect the response of the PER3 rhythm to light...
- Effect of sleep deprivation on the human metabolomeSarah K Davies
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Surrey, Guildford GU2 7XH, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:10761-6. 2014..This report, to our knowledge the first of metabolic profiling during sleep and sleep deprivation and characterization of 24 h rhythms under these conditions, offers a novel view of human sleep/wake regulation. ..
- Human phase response curve to intermittent blue light using a commercially available deviceVictoria L Revell
University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey GU2 7XH, UK
J Physiol 590:4859-68. 2012..The delay region started a few hours before bedtime and extended through the night. This is the first PRC to be constructed to blue light and to a stimulus that could be used in the real world...
- Alerting effects of light are sensitive to very short wavelengthsVictoria L Revell
School of Biomedical and Molecular Sciences, University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7XH, UK
Neurosci Lett 399:96-100. 2006..05). These data (420 nm>470 nm>600 nm) suggest that subjective alertness may be maximally sensitive to very short wavelength light...
- Measuring melatonin in humansSusan Benloucif
Department of Neurology, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 4:66-9. 2008....
- A three pulse phase response curve to three milligrams of melatonin in humansHelen J Burgess
Department of Behavioural Sciences, Rush University Medical Center, 1645 W Jackson Blvd, Suite 425, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Physiol 586:639-47. 2008..This new PRC will aid in determining the optimal time to administer exogenous melatonin to achieve desired phase shifts and demonstrates that using exogenous melatonin as a sleep aid at night has minimal phase shifting effects...
- Advancing human circadian rhythms with afternoon melatonin and morning intermittent bright lightVictoria L Revell
Biological Rhythms Research Lab, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:54-9. 2006..Both light and melatonin can be used to phase shift the human circadian clock, but the phase-advancing effect of the combination has not been extensively investigated...
- Circadian phase determined from melatonin profiles is reproducible after 1 wk in subjects who sleep later on weekendsVictoria L Revell
Biological Rhythms Research Lab, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Pineal Res 39:195-200. 2005..Thus, circadian phase can be measured a week in advance of any phase shifting intervention and, as long as the prescribed sleep and morning light schedule is maintained, the phase at the start of treatment can be confidently estimated...
- Short-wavelength sensitivity of the human circadian system to phase-advancing lightVictoria L Revell
J Biol Rhythms 20:270-2. 2005