Genomes and Genes
Johanna S Rees
Affiliation: University of Cambridge
- Method for suppressing non-specific protein interactions observed with affinity resinsJ S Rees
Cambridge Centre for Proteomics, Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1QR, UK
Methods 54:407-12. 2011..We found the effect varied depending on the bait used, most likely due to its endogenous abundance...
- Protein Neighbors and Proximity ProteomicsJohanna S Rees
From the Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge, United Kingdom CB2 1QW, the Cambridge Centre for Proteomics, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge, United Kingdom CB2 1QR, and
Mol Cell Proteomics 14:2848-56. 2015..Furthermore, we suggest that there are biophysical and cell-biological principles that dictate the appropriateness of enzyme-catalyzed proximity labeling methods to address particular biological questions of interest. ..
- SILAC-iPAC: a quantitative method for distinguishing genuine from non-specific components of protein complexes by parallel affinity captureJohanna S Rees
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 1QW, UK Cambridge Centre for Proteomics, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 1QR, UK Electronic address
J Proteomics 115:143-56. 2015..The method is simple and quantitative and will be applicable to many problems in cell and molecular biology. We also report the first chicken beadomes. ..
- Peritrophic membrane contribution to Bt Cry delta-endotoxin susceptibility in Lepidoptera and the effect of CalcofluorJohanna S Rees
Department of Biochemistry, Tennis Court Road, University of Cambridge, Cambs CB21GA, UK
J Invertebr Pathol 100:139-46. 2009..This study therefore concludes that Calcofluor is not as suitable as other toxin enhancing agents such as chitinase...
- Enabling technologies for yeast proteome analysisJohanna Rees
Cambridge Centre for Proteomics, Cambridge Systems Biology Centre, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Methods Mol Biol 759:149-78. 2011..This comprehensive review also describes future approaches that will aid completion in identifying and characterizing the remaining 20% of the undetermined yeast proteome as well as giving new insight into protein dynamics...
- Analysis of the expression patterns, subcellular localisations and interaction partners of Drosophila proteins using a pigP protein trap libraryNick Lowe
The Gurdon Institute, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1QN, UK
Development 141:3994-4005. 2014..Our resource substantially increases the number of available protein traps in Drosophila and identifies new markers for cellular organelles and structures. ..
- In vivo analysis of proteomes and interactomes using Parallel Affinity Capture (iPAC) coupled to mass spectrometryJohanna S Rees
Cambridge Centre for Proteomics, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Mol Cell Proteomics 10:M110.002386. 2011..melanogaster interactome. Additionally we report contaminant proteins that are persistent with affinity purifications irrespective of the tagged bait...