Hermione C Price
Affiliation: University of Oxford
- Protocol for a national audit on self-reported confidence levels, training requirements and current practice among trainee doctors in the UK: the Trainees Own Perception of Delivery of Care in Diabetes (TOPDOC) StudyJyothis T George
The Queen s Medical Research Institute, 47 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh, UK
BMC Med Educ 10:54. 2010..Suboptimal confidence was identified in a number of areas, including the management of diabetes emergencies. A national survey would clarify whether the results of our pilot study are representative and reproducible...
- The impact of individualised cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk estimates and lifestyle advice on physical activity in individuals at high risk of CVD: a pilot 2 x 2 factorial understanding risk trialHermione C Price
Diabetes Trials Unit, Oxford Centre for Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Oxford, Oxford, OX3 7LJ, UK
Cardiovasc Diabetol 7:21. 2008..This study has been designed to determine if personalised CVD risk appreciation can increase physical activity in adults at high risk of CVD...
- Impact of personalized cardiovascular disease risk estimates on physical activity-a randomized controlled trialH C Price
University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Diabet Med 28:363-72. 2011..The aim of this study was to determine if a personalised 10-year cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk estimate can increase physical activity and other risk reduction behaviours in adults at high risk of CVD...
- Nurse-led cardiovascular risk factor intervention leads to improvements in cardiovascular risk targets and glycaemic control in people with Type 1 diabetes when compared with routine diabetes clinic attendanceM E Wallymahmed
University Department of Diabetes and Endocrinology, Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Liverpool, UK
Diabet Med 28:373-9. 2011..To compare the effects of a dedicated cardiovascular risk factor clinic run by a nurse consultant with routine diabetes clinic attendance in achieving glycaemic and cardiovascular risk targets in patients with Type 1 diabetes...
- Life expectancy in individuals with type 2 diabetes: implications for annuitiesHermione C Price
Diabetes Trials Unit, Oxford Centre for Diabetes, Endocrinology and MetabolismUniversity of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Med Decis Making 30:409-14. 2010..Insurance companies often offer people with diabetes ''enhanced impaired life annuity'' at preferential rates, in view of their reduced life expectancy...
- Perceptions of heart attack risk amongst individuals with diabetesHermione C Price
Diabetes Trials Unit, OCDEM, Churchill Hospital, Old Road, Headington, Oxford OX3 7LJ, United Kingdom
Prim Care Diabetes 3:239-44. 2009..We undertook a qualitative study to investigate lay perceptions of heart attack risk amongst individuals with diabetes in order to gather information about underlying perceptions concerning risk and risk reduction strategies...
- Use of focus groups to develop methods to communicate cardiovascular disease risk and potential for risk reduction to people with type 2 diabetesHermione C Price
Oxford Centre for Diabetes Endocrinology and Metabolism, Churchill Hospital, Headington, UK
Fam Pract 26:351-8. 2009..People need to perceive a risk in order to build an intention-to-change behaviour yet our ability to interpret information about risk is highly variable...
- Impact of using a non-diabetes-specific risk calculator on eligibility for statin therapy in type 2 diabetesH C Price
Diabetes Trials Unit, Oxford Centre for Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Oxford, Churchill Hospital, Oxford, OX3 7LJ, UK
Diabetologia 52:394-7. 2009....
- Primary prevention of cardiovascular events in diabetes: is there a role for aspirin?Hermione C Price
University of Oxford Diabetes Trials Unit, Oxford, UK
Nat Clin Pract Cardiovasc Med 6:168-9. 2009..This paradox is unhelpful and the guidelines should be relaxed until definitive evidence becomes available...
- Evaluation of a self-administered oral glucose tolerance testM Angelyn Bethel
Diabetes Trials Unit Translational Research Group, Oxford Centre for Diabetes, Endocrinology, and Metabolism, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom
Diabetes Care 36:1483-8. 2013..To assess the feasibility of using a disposable, self-administered, capillary blood sampling oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT) device in a community setting...