Spencer D Polley
Affiliation: University College London
- The design and evaluation of a shaped filter collection device to sample and store defined volume dried blood spots from finger pricksSpencer D Polley
Department of Clinical Parasitology, Hospital for Tropical Diseases, Mortimer Market, Capper St, University College London NHS Foundation Trust, WC1E 6JB, London, UK
Malar J 14:45. 2015..A new shaped filter device for the quick and simple collection of a designated volume of patient blood has been designed and tested against conventional blood spots for accuracy and precision...
- Increased sensitivity for detecting malaria parasites in human umbilical cord blood using scaled-up DNA preparationSpencer D Polley
Department of Clinical Parasitology, Hospital for Tropical Diseases, University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
Malar J 11:62. 2012..This paper details the screening of cord blood units from malaria serology positive mothers to detect malaria parasite DNA using a highly sensitive nested PCR...
- Mitochondrial DNA targets increase sensitivity of malaria detection using loop-mediated isothermal amplificationSpencer D Polley
Department of Clinical Parasitology, Hospital for Tropical Diseases, London Hospitals University College NHS Foundation Trust, Mortimer Market, Capper Street, London WC1E 6JB, United Kingdom
J Clin Microbiol 48:2866-71. 2010....
- Detection and species identification of microsporidial infections using SYBR Green real-time PCRSpencer D Polley
Department of Clinical Parasitology, Hospital for Tropical Diseases, University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Mortimer Market, Capper Street, London WC1E 6JB, UK
J Med Microbiol 60:459-66. 2011..By comparison, 17 were positive for microsporidial DNA by real-time analysis, comprising 14 Enterocytozoon bieneusi, one Encephalitozoon cuniculi and two separate Pleistophora species infections...
- Measuring the efficacy of anti-malarial drugs in vivo: quantitative PCR measurement of parasite clearanceKhalid B Beshir
Faculty of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine LSHTM, Keppel St, London, WC1E 7HT, UK
Malar J 9:312. 2010....
- Clinical evaluation of a loop-mediated amplification kit for diagnosis of imported malariaSpencer D Polley
Department of Clinical Parasitology, Walk in Clinic, Hospital for Tropical Diseases, University London Colleges NHS Foundation Trust, Mortimer Market, London WC1E 6JB, UK
J Infect Dis 208:637-44. 2013..We determined the diagnostic accuracy of a new loop-mediated amplification (LAMP) kit in febrile returned travelers...
- Novel pfdhps haplotypes among imported cases of Plasmodium falciparum malaria in the United KingdomColin J Sutherland
HPA Parasite Reference Laboratory, Department of Clinical Parasitology, Hospital for Tropical Diseases, Mortimer Market Centre, Capper St, London WC1E 6JB, United Kingdom
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:3405-10. 2009..Parasites with novel pfdhps haplotypes are circulating in West Africa. The response of these parasites to chemotherapy needs to be evaluated...
- Universal extraction method for gastrointestinal pathogensFenella D Halstead
1Royal Free London NHS Trust, London, UK
J Med Microbiol 62:1535-9. 2013..The implementation of this universal method should confer cost- and time-saving benefits and streamline the processes required for the characterization of an array of pathogens from faecal samples. ..
- Two nonrecombining sympatric forms of the human malaria parasite Plasmodium ovale occur globallyColin J Sutherland
Health Protection Agency Malaria Reference Laboratory, Immunology Unit, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, United Kingdom
J Infect Dis 201:1544-50. 2010..Dimorphism in defined genes has led to P. ovale parasites being divided into classic and variant types. We hypothesized that these dimorphs represent distinct parasite species...