R D Petty
Affiliation: University of Aberdeen
- Bone metastasis from epithelial ovarian carcinomaRussell D Petty
Department of Oncology, ANCHOR Unit, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, UK
Lancet Oncol 3:513. 2002
- A phase II study of mitomycin C, cisplatin and protracted infusional 5-fluorouracil in advanced pancreatic carcinoma: efficacy and low toxicityR D Petty
Department of Oncology, ANCHOR Unit, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, and University of Aberdeen, Institute of Medical Sciences, Foresterhill, UK
Ann Oncol 14:1100-5. 2003..Here we have evaluated the efficacy and toxicity of mitomycin C, cisplatin and protracted infusional 5-fluorouracil (MCF)...
- APRIL is a novel clinical chemo-resistance biomarker in colorectal adenocarcinoma identified by gene expression profilingRussell D Petty
University of Aberdeen, UK
BMC Cancer 9:434. 2009..The aim was to identify novel 5FU resistance mechanisms and qualify these as candidate biomarkers and therapeutic targets...
- Novel fluoropyrimidines: improving the efficacy and tolerability of cytotoxic therapyRussell D Petty
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, UK
Curr Cancer Drug Targets 4:191-204. 2004..This knowledge in combination with the advances already made (and ongoing) in pharmacokinetics may allow the full potential of fluoropyrimidines as anti-cancer agents to be realised in the future...
- Gene expression profiling in non-small cell lung cancer: from molecular mechanisms to clinical applicationRussell D Petty
Department of Oncology, Aberdeen and Oncology Research Group, Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Clin Cancer Res 10:3237-48. 2004..Taken together, these advances hold the promise of an improved understanding of the molecular biology of NSCLC and its treatment, which in turn will lead to improved outcomes for this deadly disease...
- Tumor transcriptome reveals the predictive and prognostic impact of lysosomal protease inhibitors in non-small-cell lung cancerRussell D Petty
Oncology Research Group, Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Institute of Medical Sciences, School of Medicine, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, nited Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 24:1729-44. 2006..Insight into clinical response to platinum-based chemotherapy (PBC) in non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Tumour expression of leptin is associated with chemotherapy resistance and therapy-independent prognosis in gastro-oesophageal adenocarcinomasG H Bain
1 Institute of Medical Sciences, School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Aberdeen, Foresterhill Health Campus, Foresterhill, Aberdeen, Scotland AB25 2ZN, UK 2 Department of Gastroenterology, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Foresterhill Health Campus, Foresterhill, Aberdeen, Scotland AB25 2ZN, UK
Br J Cancer 110:1525-34. 2014..We used global gene expression profiling of tumour biopsies to identify novel predictive biomarkers for cytotoxic chemotherapy...
- Is optimal first-line chemotherapy deliverable in all newly diagnosed ovarian cancers? A population-based studyO M McNally
Department of Gynaecology Oncology, Ward 43, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Foresterhill, Aberdeen AB15 2ZN, Scotland
Br J Cancer 89:966-7. 2003..We report our experience of treating 133 patients with ovarian cancer over a 3-year period. Where indicated, 91% received chemotherapy. A taxane/platinum combination was found to be appropriate in 63% of patients only...
- Predictive biomarkers for personalised anti-cancer drug use: discovery to clinical implementationNayef A Alymani
Section of Translational Medical Sciences, Division of Applied Medicine, School of Medicine and Dentistry, Institute of Medical Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Foresterhill, Aberdeen AB25 2ZD, Scotland, United Kingdom
Eur J Cancer 46:869-79. 2010..This holds considerable promise for facilitating the translation of predictive biomarkers from discovery to clinical implementation. Further enhancements could eventually be found through alignment with regulatory processes...
- A first-in-human phase I clinical trial of CXR1002 in patients (pts) with advanced cancerI R Macpherson
Beatson West of Scotland Cancer Centre, Glasgow, United Kingdom Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Aberdeen, United Kingdom CXR Biosciences Ltd, Dundee, United Kingdom The Jeynes Ellis Partnership, Auchtermuchty, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 29:3063. 2011..Aims of this study were to assess the tolerability, safety and pharmacokinetics (PK) and to identify the recommended phase II dose (RP2D) of CXR1002 administered orally once weekly...
- Predicting response to treatment in gastroesophageal junction adenocarcinomas: combining clinical, imaging, and molecular biomarkersGillian H Bain
Medical and Experimental Oncology, Section of Translational Medical Sciences, Division of Applied Medicine, School of Medicine and Dentistry, Institute of Medical Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, AB15 2ZD, Scotland
Oncologist 15:270-84. 2010....