Affiliation: University of Liverpool
- The use of research evidence in public health decision making processes: systematic reviewLois Orton
Public Health and Policy, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, Merseyside, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 6:e21704. 2011..The objectives of this systematic review were to synthesise empirical evidence on the use of research evidence by public health decision makers in settings with universal health care systems...
- Prioritising public health: a qualitative study of decision making to reduce health inequalitiesLois C Orton
University of Liverpool, Public Health and Policy, Psychology, Health and Society, 2nd Floor Block B Waterhouse Buildings, Liverpool L69 3GL, UK
BMC Public Health 11:821. 2011....
- Are interventions to promote healthy eating equally effective for all? Systematic review of socioeconomic inequalities in impactRory McGill
Department of Public Health and Policy, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
BMC Public Health 15:457. 2015..We undertook a systematic review of interventions to promote healthy eating to identify whether impacts differ by socioeconomic position (SEP)...
- Smorgasbord or symphony? Assessing public health nutrition policies across 30 European countries using a novel frameworkFfion Lloyd-Williams
Department of Public Health and Policy, Institute of Psychology, Health and SocietyUniversity of Liverpool, Whelan Building, Quadrangle, L69 3GB Liverpool, Merseyside, UK
BMC Public Health 14:1195. 2014..We aimed to map existing public health nutrition policies, and examine their perceived effectiveness, in order to inform future evidence-based diet strategies...
- Barriers to partnership working in public health: a qualitative studyDavid Carlton Taylor-Robinson
Department of Public Health and Policy, Liverpool, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 7:e29536. 2012..We therefore explored the process of partnership working in public health, in order to better understand the potential opportunities and threats associated with the proposed changes...
- Resilience among asylum seekers living with HIVLois Orton
Division of Public Health and Policy, Institute of Psychology, Health and Society, The University of Liverpool, 3rd Floor, Whelan Building, 1 5 Brownlow Street, Liverpool L69 3GL, UK
BMC Public Health 12:926. 2012..This paper focuses on the stressors precipitated by the HIV diagnosis and by going through the asylum system; as well as participants' resilience in responding to these stressors and the consequences for their health and wellbeing...