Affiliation: University of Oxford
- Cardiovascular autonomic control in patients undergoing left ventricular assist device (LVAD) support and pharmacologic therapyDavid Nunan
Department of Primary Care Health Sciences, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK Electronic address
Int J Cardiol 168:4145-9. 2013..The objective of the study is to determine cardiac autonomic control in patients undergoing assessment for and/or LVAD therapy...
- Assessment of central haemomodynamics from a brachial cuff in a community settingDavid Nunan
Department of Primary Care Health Sciences, University of Oxford, Hythe Bridge St, Oxford, UK
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 12:48. 2012..However, the feasibility of this method in a community based setting has not been assessed...
- Physical activity for the prevention and treatment of major chronic disease: an overview of systematic reviewsDavid Nunan
Department Primary Care Health Sciences, Radcliffe Observatory Quarter, University of Oxford, Oxford OX2 6GG, UK
Syst Rev 2:56. 2013..This protocol has been registered on PROSPERO 2013: CRD42013003523...
- Performance of pulse wave velocity measured using a brachial cuff in a community settingDavid Nunan
aDepartment of Primary Health Care, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK bAIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH, Vienna, Austria
Blood Press Monit 19:315-9. 2014..The same method has recently been validated for estimating aortic pulse wave velocity (aPWV) in laboratory settings, and its prognostic value has been confirmed in a prospective clinical trial...
- A quantitative systematic review of normal values for short-term heart rate variability in healthy adultsDavid Nunan
Division of Public Health and Primary Health Care, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 33:1407-17. 2010..Recommendations for the measurement of HRV require updating to include current technologies...
- Vitamin K for improved anticoagulation control in patients receiving warfarinKamal R Mahtani
Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Sciences, University of Oxford, New Radcliffe House, Radcliffe Observatory Quarter, Oxford, Oxfordshire, UK, OX2 6GG
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 5:CD009917. 2014..There is some evidence that patients with a variable response to warfarin may benefit from a concomitant low dose of vitamin K...
- Device-guided breathing exercises in the control of human blood pressure: systematic review and meta-analysisKamal R Mahtani
Department of Primary Healthcare, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
J Hypertens 30:852-60. 2012..To evaluate whether device-guided breathing (DGB) lowers blood pressure (BP) in adults...
- Heterogeneity of prognostic studies of 24-hour blood pressure variability: systematic review and meta-analysisKathryn S Taylor
Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Sciences, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 10:e0126375. 2015..We recommend greater standardisation of methods. ..
- Optimal loading dose of warfarin for the initiation of oral anticoagulationKamal R Mahtani
Department of Primary Care Health Sciences, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 12:CD008685. 2012..This variation, as well as the necessity of keeping within a narrow therapeutic range, means that selection of the correct warfarin dose at the outset of treatment is not straightforward...