Simon I R Noble
Affiliation: University Hospital of Wales
- Is long-term low-molecular-weight heparin acceptable to palliative care patients in the treatment of cancer related venous thromboembolism? A qualitative studySimon I R Noble
Department of Palliative Medicine, Velindre Hospital, Whitchurch, Cardiff, UK
Palliat Med 19:197-201. 2005..The findings of this study support the use of LMWH, first line in the treatment of established VTE in the palliative care setting...
- Have palliative care teams' attitudes toward venous thromboembolism changed? A survey of thromboprophylaxis practice across British specialist palliative care units in the years 2000 and 2005Simon I R Noble
Cardiff University, Velindre Hospital, Cardiff, Wales, UK
J Pain Symptom Manage 32:38-43. 2006..001). There appears to be a growing awareness of the problem of VTE in British palliative care inpatients, as evidenced by changes in attitudes and practice. Reasons for this are discussed...
- Management of terminal hemorrhage in patients with advanced cancer: a systematic literature reviewDylan G Harris
Department of Palliative Medicine, Velindre Hospital, Cardiff CF14 2TL, Wales, United Kingdom
J Pain Symptom Manage 38:913-27. 2009..Current guidelines are based completely on isolated case reports and expert opinion. Clinical research is needed in this area but is difficult because of practical and ethical limitations...
- Management of venous thromboembolism in patients with advanced cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysisSimon I R Noble
Department of Palliative Medicine, Cardiff University, Royal Gwent Hospital, Newport, UK
Lancet Oncol 9:577-84. 2008..Ultimately, the decision to initiate, continue, and stop anticoagulation will need to be made on an individual basis, guided by the available evidence, the patient's circumstances, and their informed preferences...
- Prevalence and characteristics of bullying of trainees in palliative medicinePaul W Keeley
Palliat Med 19:84-5. 2005
- Shark cartilage in the water: one size does not fit allSimon I R Noble
BMJ 333:1221-2. 2006
- The evidence base of palliative medicine: is inpatient palliative medicine evidence-based?Paul W Keeley
Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Glasgow, UK
Palliat Med 21:623-7. 2007..In 2001, Good and Stafford published a study attempting to show that inpatient palliative medicine is evidence-based...